Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2015-2018 Smallest/Largest by Class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20...lments.pdf

Difference in [brackets]

1A Fulton City (51.75) / Beechwood (188.5) [137]
2A Fort Knox (200) / DeSales (315.25) [115]
3A Magoffin County (315.5) / Moore (420.75) [105]
4A East Carter (421.75) / West Jessamine (558) [136]
5A Highlands (454.75) / Dixie Heights (754.25) [299]
6A Ohio County (574.5) / St. Xavier (1377) [802]
Interesting that the spread from Fulton Co in 1A to Dixie Heights in 5A is 702 while the spread in 6A alone is 802.
If the two Fultons combined they still would probably be middle of the pack sized in 1a.
Mayfield didn't have any trouble busting into AA, now the 8th smallest school playing football Wburg has to play them again...:igiveup:
Why is Dixie Heights moving down to 5A and Ohio Co moving to 6A they was 0-10 this year in 5A
Serious question how do you get .25 kids?
MountainSports Wrote:Serious question how do you get .25 kids?

A Midget who only comes for a semester
MountainSports Wrote:Serious question how do you get .25 kids?

Its based off a 4 year average.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Why is Dixie Heights moving down to 5A and Ohio Co moving to 6A they was 0-10 this year in 5A

Has nothing to do with records! It is based on number of students in the school.
sstack Wrote:Has nothing to do with records! It is based on number of students in the school.
at least they will make the playoffs in 2015
sstack Wrote:Has nothing to do with records! It is based on number of students in the school.

Male students
With the recent devastation of coal jobs in Eastern Kentucky I wonder if Belfry will drop down to AA in the next five years?
Pirate4Life Wrote:With the recent devastation of coal jobs in Eastern Kentucky I wonder if Belfry will drop down to AA in the next five years?

For the most part, somehow Belfry has been unscathed in population, for whatever reason. East Ridge and Shelby Valley in Pike County have been hit the hardest. In 2009-10, East Ridge was by far the largest school in Pike County, flirting with the 4A realignment. Now they're hoovering just around 500. Shelby Valley is the same way. When the school was built, it was built to house over 1000+ students. Now they are half that size. Central, Belfry, and Pikeville for other industrial reasons seem to not be affected by the coal movement. Phelps, I'm sure has been affected too by the beast.
Is it time for classes in all high school sports, is it fair for phelps to have to comptete with st. X or trinity for a state title in basketball or baseball, or paintsville to compete with johnson central every year for district or regional titles when jc has 300 more male students than paintsville. Ky is one of only a couple states that don't have classes for most sports.
dawg fan Wrote:Is it time for classes in all high school sports, is it fair for phelps to have to comptete with st. X or trinity for a state title in basketball or baseball, or paintsville to compete with johnson central every year for district or regional titles when jc has 300 more male students than paintsville. Ky is one of only a couple states that don't have classes for most sports.

And kill the cash cow....NEVER. To me it doesn't matter, NewCath would win their class pretty frequently.
30 going on 40 Wrote:And kill the cash cow....NEVER. To me it doesn't matter, NewCath would win their class pretty frequently.

The cash cow argument I don't agree with. It would only stand to reason that more classes would mean more teams playing for state titles more fan bases going to games, the next 2 days 12 teams will be competing for a state title with 12 fan bases going to the games.

How many state titles would paintsville have in baseball, or basketball right now, shelby valley, pikeville, even phelps won the region in basketball in the 80s. How many 4a titles would johnson central have right now in girls and boys sports. Hazard could have easily been the 1a baseball champion last year. It works for every other state but ky can't make it work.
dawg fan Wrote:Is it time for classes in all high school sports, is it fair for phelps to have to comptete with st. X or trinity for a state title in basketball or baseball, or paintsville to compete with johnson central every year for district or regional titles when jc has 300 more male students than paintsville. Ky is one of only a couple states that don't have classes for most sports.

Phelps will keep it just the way it is.

How about students go to school in the district they live.