Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co 76 OBI 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Manchester. Blake Smith finished with 30 points. He had 18 of Clay County's 40 first half points. Tigers only led by 9 after the 3rd quarter. Frazier had 26 for OBI. Farmer was in foul trouble in the first half but he finished with 16 points and House finished with 12 points for Clay County.
Clay looked horrible tonight. If not for Blake Smith's 30 and 9 rebounds it could have been bad. Once again he packed them, played a good all around game with 5 assist and 4 steals as well.. Clay's role players struggle again, way to many turnovers and bad shots. I will say this OBI was better than usual but still Clay should have won by 25.
Score does surprise me.
What's the deal? Didn't get to make it to this one. Role players again? Blake Smith is an absolute stud but can't expect him to pack them with 30 every night against average teams. I know Frazier was getting his tonight for OBI.
Blake Smith is good but I don't see how you can say he is carrying the team. The magic word TEAM. If the other guys are not touching the ball and are wide open and don't get passes....How can you say they aren't doing good? They are not getting a chance. That is way they almost got beat by OBI no TEAM ball. They keep on playing like that and trying to out score each other and see who can get blowed up bluegrass rivals the most. Then that is when they will start losing games. Every player in the top 7 on the team could score 30 if they shoot the ball all night. Not taking anything away from Smith but have to play team ball to keep winning games.
Do you keep score to know all the stats so quick?
Id say you may as well expect it. Smith will pack this team all year. Farmer is playing well but nothing like smith. But unitl Sams and House learn ball security Clay will struggle. IMHO anytime that sams and sexton and house have more shot attempts than wolfe then theres something wrong. Smith right now is doing it all. Rebounding Scoring and defense. He is a stud but he needs some help.
Congrats Clay County.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Id say you may as well expect it. Smith will pack this team all year. Farmer is playing well but nothing like smith. But unitl Sams and House learn ball security Clay will struggle. IMHO anytime that sams and sexton and house have more shot attempts than wolfe then theres something wrong. Smith right now is doing it all. Rebounding Scoring and defense. He is a stud but he needs some help.

Completely agree BA.
OBI is a lot better than in years past. Ebersole is a really nice player. For you die hard Tiger fans how many years do we have to go back to see three games like smith has had 34,26,&30?
getreal14 Wrote:Blake Smith is good but I don't see how you can say he is carrying the team. The magic word TEAM. If the other guys are not touching the ball and are wide open and don't get passes....How can you say they aren't doing good? They are not getting a chance. That is way they almost got beat by OBI no TEAM ball. They keep on playing like that and trying to out score each other and see who can get blowed up bluegrass rivals the most. Then that is when they will start losing games. Every player in the top 7 on the team could score 30 if they shoot the ball all night. Not taking anything away from Smith but have to play team ball to keep winning games.

Not touching the ball. Well to start with they can't even get it up the floor when a team presses. And if u want turnover stats I can give them to. Because it ant Smith Farmer and Wolfe that's turning it over the majority of the time. Role players are called that for a reason they have a role to fill. And if you think they can score 30 every game u have lost it. Farmer needs more shots and will get them when not in foul trouble, but wolfe has to have more touches and I mean touches from the role players not farmer and smith's shots. Sorry to hurt your feelings getreal. But this team doesn't win any of these first 3 games without Smith taking over.Truth is truth
Let the jealously begin. Everything that's wrong with high school sports. Parents that think their kid is the next coming.
getreal14 Wrote:Do you keep score to know all the stats so quick?

I don't keep score. I'm just a fan. I couldn't make it to the game, but I listened on the radio and they gave out the individual stats.
Clay County has some weaknesses and things they need to improve on, but what team doesn't have issues in their first game? They'll improve as the season progresses. They may take some losses early, but it only matters if they're ready come March.
From what I'm hearing everyone in the 13th may be in some trouble...OBI has about 2 or 3 more studs about to get eligeble. They are a good team now but could become a very good team. CC will be fine. Don't u guys see Marcum's pattern yet. He lets these kids figure things out for themselves and they do. Parents and fans usually take a little longer.
Kayne-W Wrote:OBI is a lot better than in years past. Ebersole is a really nice player. For you die hard Tiger fans how many years do we have to go back to see three games like smith has had 34,26,&30?

It's been awhile. Maybe since the Steven Asher days. But... I think the team will eventually gel. Wolfe still isn't himself. Sexton and Sams is being asked more from them than last year. Lot of guys that hasn't had much of a role, is now being asked to do quite a bit more. Smith, Farmer, House, and eventually Wolfe will carry the scoring load. Be unselfish and as they showed last year, they can do it.
Count Wrote:From what I'm hearing everyone in the 13th may be in some trouble...OBI has about 2 or 3 more studs about to get eligeble. They are a good team now but could become a very good team. CC will be fine. Don't u guys see Marcum's pattern yet. He lets these kids figure things out for themselves and they do. Parents and fans usually take a little longer.

Where are the "Studs" coming from?? Why are the not already eligible????:popcorn:
I heard they had 2 players that wasn't because of academics.
I also agree with count that Clay will be fine and the kids will figure it out. There may be a few bumps in the road but outside of biased parents and some politics everyone that knows the games know how things should unfold
Cellking Wrote:Where are the "Studs" coming from?? Why are the not already eligible????:popcorn:

NEW YOOOORRRRRK CITY. and it aint salsa.
Heard it was academic, but i heard it was sanctions from OBI not KHSAA. This could all be just rumors also.
When a team(Clay) loses a point guard who started for the last 2 yrs, they're going to struggle. People don't understand the value of a point guard who you can hand the ball to and not have to worry about him taking care of the ball and running the offense.
nedreader Wrote:When a team(Clay) loses a point guard who started for the last 2 yrs, they're going to struggle. People don't understand the value of a point guard who you can hand the ball to and not have to worry about him taking care of the ball and running the offense.

I agree 100% with your statement. Sam's is not a true point guard and house is a shooter not a ball handler. Smith can do it but he's already being ask to do everything else. I think it may take 10-12 games for everything to shake out and find out who will be the primary ball handler. Right now it's by committee. Don't think it will stay that way all season though.
I don't see point guard play as the big worry for this team. Defending without fouling and rebounding due to lack of size, yes. Too many good offensive players for the offense to be the major worry.
getreal14 Wrote:Blake Smith is good but I don't see how you can say he is carrying the team. The magic word TEAM. If the other guys are not touching the ball and are wide open and don't get passes....How can you say they aren't doing good? They are not getting a chance. That is way they almost got beat by OBI no TEAM ball. They keep on playing like that and trying to out score each other and see who can get blowed up bluegrass rivals the most. Then that is when they will start losing games. Every player in the top 7 on the team could score 30 if they shoot the ball all night. Not taking anything away from Smith but have to play team ball to keep winning games.

You have went and lost your mind if you think Smith isn't carrying this team....He gets assigned the other teams best player to defend......he is one of your best scoring options.....and one of the best rebounders on the team...I was at the OBI game the kid shot no doubt 70% or better from the field and had 30 points...which tells me he didn't shot any bad shots....if you can shoot 70% from the field I don't care if you take 50 shots and niether should your teammates or fans as long as the team is winning.....Clay does have a few kinks to work out right now but they will be fine......Sams, Sexton, and House have got to get the ball up the court better and everyone not just a few have got to hit the boards.
Count Wrote:From what I'm hearing everyone in the 13th may be in some trouble...OBI has about 2 or 3 more studs about to get eligeble. They are a good team now but could become a very good team. CC will be fine. Don't u guys see Marcum's pattern yet. He lets these kids figure things out for themselves and they do. Parents and fans usually take a little longer.

I hope Oneida does have a Couple Studs that will become eligible soon. It would be nice to see them with a Good Basketball Team.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:I hope Oneida does have a Couple Studs that will become eligible soon. It would be nice to see them with a Good Basketball Team.:Thumbs::Thumbs:

Cellking i pick OBI to be my sleeper team a month ago. Don't be surprise the next time clay plays against OBI.They will be playing OBI new varisty team. Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:Cellking i pick OBI to be my sleeper team a month ago. Don't be surprise the next time clay plays against OBI.They will be playing OBI new varisty team. Confusedhh:

64 u have either picked every team or every team is ur slepper. Come on man get off the fence and stick with one
Truth99 Wrote:64 u have either picked every team or every team is ur slepper. Come on man get off the fence and stick with one

Name one other team I have pick in 2014 other than OBI in the 13th as my sleeper team. The Truth99 will set you free. I only pick one sleeper team a year..last year in 2013 I pick Williamsburg. Who your sleeper team Truth99...I'm guessing OBI Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:Cellking i pick OBI to be my sleeper team a month ago. Don't be surprise the next time clay plays against OBI.They will be playing OBI new varisty team. Confusedhh:

I played at Oneida and Coached there when Caldwell, Grey, Mills and that group were there. Good Team. I would love to see that again.:Thumbs:
64SUR Wrote:Name one other team I have pick in 2014 other than OBI in the 13th as my sleeper team. The Truth99 will set you free. I only pick one sleeper team a year..last year in 2013 I pick Williamsburg. Who your sleeper team Truth99...I'm guessing OBI Confusedhh:

64 you said just last week u like north laurel after passing eye test then u have picked clay. Now Obi as a sleeper. Worst than obama wishy washy. I personally like Harlan co. As my sleeper
Pages: 1 2