Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Head coach at Knott Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The job is closed anybody know who it will be.
Best of luck to the guy, whoever he may be.
Does anyone know who may have applied or who they may consider?
Be honest I would tried an get BB king to coach and get the basketball boys and the community to back the football program. :popcorn: Or atleast make him an assistant it may work. :rockon:
Could work....

I may be a little out of date, but does Runyon at Paintsville still work with football like he did in the past? I feel when he worked with both basketball and football he was able to get the best out of the athletes in the small school. It could be a nice blueprint for KCC.
Did anyone even apply?
Any news at all? Anything??
Done tried bringing in coaches with no luck. Oughta give randall mullins a shot
Who is Randall Mullins? What are his qualifications? Where did he receive his degrees?
He is the middle school coach. Believe they went 14 and 1 this year. Was assistant at kcc for several years. Just as well give to a guy who is from the county and loves the program
Why are they waiting so long? Who is going to be the next coach? I'm sure they must have had interviewed by now. Who applied? Will there be any kids leaving because of this coaching change? The longer they wait the harder it is on the kids.
Hard to keep a coach at a school that keeps losing.Hazard has one of the best feeder programs and it has paid off over the years.Nobody with a good record as coach wants the job there.No support and not on the priority list for kids in the county.Shucks,we've had several players come from Knott in gradeschool to Hazard just to play on a winning program.Had one senior that came here and got a state title ring when arriving.Good luck and hope they found a coach that gets Knott on a winning track.
Maybe they are going the way of UAB.
I have seen the ins and outs of Knott county football over the past several years. I can tell you that it takes a back seat to everything. I would suggest that if someone is truly interested, they need to speak to the outgoing coach to understand the challenges. Like Logan said, the feeder program is very young. It all boils down to numbers and the county just doesn't have it. Seems like each class may have 5 to 10 kids interested, but these kids haven't been developed. This will be a work in progress for years to come with a commitment from the county. Good luck on finding a qualified and interested coach.
Sad
The bottom line guys it has nothing to or very little that is with the grade school football it has to do with athletes!!!! That is the case everywhere, you all had a guy that worked his butt off, but if you don't have players Bear could come back from the grave and it wouldn't matter. Oh for you all that have Basketball in your mind and nothing else that would be Bear Bryant. They cant get the real good athlete off the hoops floor. You know the ones that are starting a UK now!!!! Or that is at least what they have been told all their life.
John Paul Chapman will be the new coach at KCC. Mark it down.
I heard it was between Mullins and Jeff Norman. I guess we will find out next spring for sure.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:John Paul Chapman will be the new coach at KCC. Mark it down.

That would be an interesting hire...... He's very good, not sure how well that would mesh with the basketball program.
that is yalls problem there you are worried how well it will mess with your hoops team!!!
you all need to be worried about your football boys!!!!! There are more football players at that school than basketball players
It will be one of the assistant coaches that used to help Perry I do believe.
So Chapman or Norman?
Real Badman Wrote:So Chapman or Norman?

Hopefully neither for the kids sakes.
They better hope it isn't Chapman because they won't have enough boys to play if that is the case. Just go ask anyone at Perry Central how they feel about him.
That may be a true statement, but the man wins ball games, and they're in a very winnable district, which is sad.
^^Yes, they are.

#2 Seed is going to always be up for grabs. Imagine putting "District Runner Up" and "hosting a home playoff game" all at Knott County would look on a resume for the future?
Sorry but I don't see knott beating Breathitt or Magoffin anytime soon. They will more than likely be the 1 and 2 seeds. Estill may come on strong again too. Let's just face it Knott has never had a program and prolly never will because of the round ball. Mommy and daddy puts it in kids heads that they will go to UK and play when really they couldn't play down the road at pippa passes. As for Chapman he will not leave perry. Has 2 or so years to retire so I don't see him going anywhere. Now Norman on the other hand may be looking at the Knott job. If someone on basketball coaching staff would encourage kids to get out and play football then maybe you would get a few athletes here and there. But until then they will remain the same no matter if Lombardi is coaching them or a middle school coach.
It doesn't matter who they hire, if the administration is not willing to due what it takes to win at football, the results will be the same. Better budget, in-school weightlifting, more assistant coaches, etc.. These things are essential to having a successful high school football program. If Coach Chapman did indeed apply for the job, they would be fools to not give it to him. Parents don't like him because he tells kids the truth, and shows absolutely no favoritism. Coach Amis has caught a lot of heat over this, but I've heard the kid continues to back him 100 percent. As for Norman, who knows?
Theres probably athletic kids running all over that school. Kids that play basketball don't necessarily make good football players. Most basketball players are soft natured kids anyway. Knott does have in school weightlifting by the way. Like over at McCreary Central, kids just don't want to play football. Football is a demanding game that separates the men from the boys. If you are a basketball prospect like Cam Justice or Evan Hall, why would you take a chance breaking a leg or arm playing football. Christian and Cornett would be more cut out for it but they just don't like the game. Someone has to finish 3rd and 4th. The kids that wanna play will play the ones that don't wont.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5