Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michigan after a Stoops?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With his SEC connections and ability to recruit Ohio, he might be a legit candidate for the job.
Don't think he is the leading candidate but think he might be on the list.
Michigan learned what happens when you don't hire someone from the Michigan coaching tree...I'm hearing he's on nebraskas list...
What has Stoops done to be in consideration for Michigan or Nebraska?
I agree but in this day and age who knows.
They like his recruiting and that his last name is stoops.
Michigan wants a Michigan guy with ties to the program.
No way he leaves for Michigan........

There are some programs that we won't be able to keep him from leaving for... but Michigan isn't one.
I agree with Jarons, Stoops doesn't have the resume for a job like that yet.
Plus the contract extinsion which locks him in, and he a big payout if he leaves. Did we just win five games? Standards are way low for promoting coaches.
If Michigan is interested in a Stoops I would have to believe it would be Bob and not Mark. I find it hard to imagine they would be interested Mark, especially after the way Ky's season ended. IMO there is NO way Mark has done enough to be pursued by a storied program like Michigan..........
cougarpride08 Wrote:Plus the contract extinsion which locks him in, and he a big payout if he leaves. Did we just win five games? Standards are way low for promoting coaches.

His contract extension more so means nothing beyond University commitment to him. There isn't a buyout at all in his contract. If he wants to leave its a free ride. He doesn't leave though has more to prove before coaching at a school with rich history like Michigan.
If Michigan offers, he will leave. Hed be stupid not to.

Wouldn't hurt my feeling if he did.
Nebraska hires Oregon St. HC Mike Riley. Riley lost 4+ games every year at Oregon St. Out going HC at Nebraksa never lost more then 4 in his tenure. Go figure!!!
^
Sounds like a KY hire.
I wonder if they'll give him an extension after a two win year.
There is noway our Stoops is on any list from the top 5 conferences.
It blows me away that a program like Michigan would have Stoops even in their top 5.
Stoops still needs to prove himself before any high profile jobs will open up for him. In two seasons at UK he has just managed 7 wins and most of those wins where against sub standard teams. His biggest win to date was against a not very good South Carolina team.
KSR today said that if Harbaurgh doesn't take Michigan job sources are saying Stoops would get the next offer, 2 coaches have already turned it down.
Who would UK target if Stoops does leave?
T-CATS Wrote:Who would UK target if Stoops does leave?

Petrino! :biggrin:
If Stoops does leave, and I think its looking more certain that he will, I think he takes Harris with him to Michigan.

I also don't know what we'll do. Prolly hire Muschamp and give him a raise for a successful spring practice.
Where is KSR getting that Stoops is a serious candidate? I just looked on three sites, 2 I assume is around Ann Arbor and 1 national. Only one even mentioned Mark Stoops and he was about 15th on their wish list. However, Bob Stoops was mentioned in all three articles.
I don't see Mark Stoops leaving at all.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Stoops does leave, and I think its looking more certain that he will, I think he takes Harris with him to Michigan.

I also don't know what we'll do. Prolly hire Muschamp and give him a raise for a successful spring practice.

Muschamp is Auburn's new DC. Hired yesterday
Stoops I hope will stay but would be stupid to not go if offered. Have no clue where KSR got the info just relaying what I heard.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Michigan wants a Michigan guy with ties to the program.
Hoke is/was a "Michigan Man". That should never again be a part of the criteria for coaching at Michigan. I think Rich Rodriguez would have gotten them on track if given another year or two, but he wasn't a "Michigan Man". Seems to be doing just fine at Arizona.

As crazy as it sounds, Stoops to Michigan would be a good hire for both parties, IMO. Despite the collapse this season, the Cats showed substantial improvement from 2013. All most people will remember about 2014 is the way it ended, but anyone who actually watched the games can see they're headed in the right direction. Kentucky is just so far behind the 8 ball in the SEC it'll be hard to catch up. Michigan doesn't have as much ground to make up in the BIG10.
Unless you all haven't noticed KS is a joke