Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Larue Co. Vs. Mercer Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Larue Co. travles to Mercer Co. to play for the Region 2 title. Mercer has been on a roll this season going 12-0 on the season and Larue Co. is 10-2 on the season. I'll take Mercer by 21+ in this game
What's everyone else think?
Good luck Larue,put an end to the Titans winning streak.
Mercer.....Great team and season that Larue had!
Mercer is to good for Larue... Mercer by 24
42-20 Mercer
Mercer better not overlook Larue they only have two losses so far on the season and they avenged one to Western. The other one was to a pretty good Bardstown team in the first week of the season.
Larue will be within 10 or less at the end of this game. This maybe the best team that Mercer has played this year.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Larue will be within 10 or less at the end of this game. This maybe the best team that Mercer has played this year.

I totally agree that Larue has a chance to pull the upset.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I totally agree that Larue has a chance to pull the upset.

I hope they do, so they can prove no team is invinsible. :yikes:
russelldevils54 Wrote:I hope they do, so they can prove no team is invinsible. :yikes:
Any given Friday,I've seen stranger things happen.
This will be a better game than most think. Lets put a few bets on it!
Mercer will win this one in a close one early but they pull away in the fourth i mean come on its a 4a school playing double A football
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Mercer will win this one in a close one early but they pull away in the fourth i mean come on its a 4a school playing double A football

Mercer only has about 66 10th-12th grade players listed as varsity players on their roster. So thats not the big deal about its the fact they took 2 schools that had alot returning and already had a lot of experience. Anybody can be beat on a any given friday and I'm not sure how many people are on Larues Rosters. I expect this to be a dog fight.
Russell has almost as many as them 10-12 and they have at least 200 or 300 more students than Russell. We have 64 10-12 and they have 66.
this could be a big upset by Larue Co after defeating the a tough Western team, but Ill take Mercer co. by 14
Mercer wins here and goes on to win state.
Merger is the heavy fav in AA, your right they have to be, being a 5A school in the next class system.....Merger must first win against Larue, then between Trigg and OC. Just like JFLDAD said, anything can happen......Their are good teams here playing, you dont play this late unless you are one...
Devilologist Wrote:Merger is the heavy fav in AA, your right they have to be, being a 5A school in the next class system.....Merger must first win against Larue, then between Trigg and OC. Just like JFLDAD said, anything can happen......Their are good teams here playing, you dont play this late unless you are one...
Given your methodology, Somerset would have to be heavily favored to win 1A this year because they are going to be 3A next year. Mercer is plain and simply the best out there in 2A. There are good teams that can beat them on a bad day, but they are the team to beat. They are a 2A team playing in 2A according to the class alignments this year, so I do not take anything away from their accomplishments, they have earned the right to be called the team to beat IMO. It just so happens that they have knocked the so called "power" in 2A down a notch and there is alot of jealousy IMO.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Given your methodology, Somerset would have to be heavily favored to win 1A this year because they are going to be 3A next year. Mercer is plain and simply the best out there in 2A. There are good teams that can beat them on a bad day, but they are the team to beat. They are a 2A team playing in 2A according to the class alignments this year, so I do not take anything away from their accomplishments, they have earned the right to be called the team to beat IMO. It just so happens that they have knocked the so called "power" in 2A down a notch and there is alot of jealousy IMO.

No Jealousy here when Mercer proves they can beat all the remaining teams and claim the title they will get all of the credit they deserve from me.But until Mercer wins the state title they have proved nothing to me.
Mercer wins easily 42-14
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Given your methodology, Somerset would have to be heavily favored to win 1A this year because they are going to be 3A next year. Mercer is plain and simply the best out there in 2A. There are good teams that can beat them on a bad day, but they are the team to beat. They are a 2A team playing in 2A according to the class alignments this year, so I do not take anything away from their accomplishments, they have earned the right to be called the team to beat IMO. It just so happens that they have knocked the so called "power" in 2A down a notch and there is alot of jealousy IMO.

Look up cocky in the dictionary and I bet you'd get a picture of Brahma Bull! I'm not getting into the 5A playing 2A debate. I do find it a bit fishy that the two schools merged but will not share a building for probably 2 more years, but the KHSAA lacked the gonads to realign this year. That is not Mercer's fault or problem now.

I am curious to know how Mercer's knocked the so called "power" down a notch. Until they beat them, then they can't knock them "down". Rankings are what they are, if that is where you are coming from. And without a 3 overtime loss at Ashland, Russell would still be sitting atop the polls, not Mercer. And lest we forget, this so called "power" sure put a whallop on Mercer last year.
Ill pick Mercer in this one friday night and rolling to that red carpet

Mercer-49
Larue-13
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:It just so happens that they have knocked the so called "power" in 2A down a notch and there is alot of jealousy IMO.
Name one 2A "power" school that Mercer has beat?
Sponge Bob Wrote:Rankings are what they are, if that is where you are coming from. And without a 3 overtime loss at Ashland, Russell would still be sitting atop the polls, not Mercer. And lest we forget, this so called "power" sure put a whallop on Mercer last year.

To further illustrate your point: Belfry is a pair of missed two point conversions (OT vs. Ashland, regulation vs. SC) away from being the #1 ranked team in the state with arguably the toughest schedule of any 2A team remaining.
True. Russell began the season #1 and with no losses, would most likely have remained there. Did Belfry begin at #2?
Depends which poll you want to look at... the majority ahd Belfry in the 3 spot and Owensboro Catholic was a trendy choice as #2.
OC was there because of finishing second last year... Belfry would have also rammed the ball down their throat.
Let's keep this one on Mercer and Larue. I'll take take Mercer running away in this one. 35-12
Who has the Russell Roster??
Pages: 1 2