Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset vs. Hazard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Somerset put away Harlan big time tonight and Hazard beat Pikeville in a heart breaker that most didn't think would happen. But anyways, the Jumpers travel to Bulldog stadium for the Region 4 title. I'll take the Jumpers in this game, 35-6
What's everyone else think?
Somerset..Sorry Hazard..Going for the Dawgs in this one though! Never know in football!
Gonna be another tough game for the DAWGS but ya know i gotta hold it down for the H-TOWN.
Somerset in a big way
Panther#42 Wrote:Somerset put away Harlan big time tonight and Hazard beat Pikeville in a heart breaker that most didn't think would happen. But anyways, the Jumpers travel to Bulldog stadium for the Region 4 title. I'll take the Jumpers in this game, 35-6

Boy u must hate hazard huh?
i thought the game was at somerset as they were the higher seed. The bulldogs have worked all year to protect the run and they have done that very well. We have always been good as a pass protection team, we have many talented players who want this more than anybody because hazard has not done this in a long time. There were better hazard teams than us before,but this team has something very important in them,"HEART".

Lets go bulldogs
lets beat the jumpers:ChairHit:
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:Boy u must hate hazard huh?
i thought the game was at somerset as they were the higher seed. The bulldogs have worked all year to protect the run and they have done that very well. We have always been good as a pass protection team, we have many talented players who want this more than anybody because hazard has not done this in a long time. There were better hazard teams than us before,but this team has something very important in them,"HEART".

Lets go bulldogs
lets beat the jumpers:ChairHit:

Nope I don't have a thing against hazard, I wish them the best of luck against the jumpers, but Somerset has way to much talent in the passing game for hazards secondary to handle
I think that this is goin to be a close game...but im goin to pick Hazard to win!
Go Hazard!
I belive the game will be @ Somerset. Good luck to both teams. I think these two teams are about equal in team speed. I think the Jumpers are good.

Hazard---14
Somerset-28
Someone move this thread I didnt relize that this was already a thread.
Panther#42 Wrote:Somerset put away Harlan big time tonight and Hazard beat Pikeville in a heart breaker that most didn't think would happen. But anyways, the Jumpers travel to Bulldog stadium for the Region 4 title. I'll take the Jumpers in this game, 35-6

Nope, the Jumpers get to stay in their beloved Briar Patch for this one. Bulldogs gotta take the big trip to Somerset.
Ill take Somerset with the same score.
Hazard's luck runs out. Hazard basically had the last 2 games given to them on penalties.
Somerset will put them away early and won't have to worry about penalties.
jetpilot Wrote:Hazard's luck runs out. Hazard basically had the last 2 games given to them on penalties.
Somerset will put them away early and won't have to worry about penalties.
the penalties were there because they were legitimate penalties. we won becasue our coach has always said that we are a 4th quarter team, we won because when it mattered we gave it our all. we won those two games because we had heart just like the rutgers did against louisville
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:the penalties were there because they were legitimate penalties. we won becasue our coach has always said that we are a 4th quarter team, we won because when it mattered we gave it our all. we won those two games because we had heart just like the rutgers did against louisville

You guys did play with heart in both games, ill give you that, but you shouldn't have won the game last night, didn't watch the paintsville game so I can't say anything about that, but woulda,coulda,shoulda, u won, tell the seniors to make the most outta this week
oh me and my fellow seniors will make the most out of this and the nxt week and the next
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:oh me and my fellow seniors will make the most out of this and the nxt week and the next
:thatsfunn :lmao: Well, IF you make it to play NCC/Raceland i'll personally make the trip over there to watch, but im betting i'll be spending money on gas to watch somerset for that game
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:the penalties were there because they were legitimate penalties. we won becasue our coach has always said that we are a 4th quarter team, we won because when it mattered we gave it our all. we won those two games because we had heart just like the rutgers did against louisville

When it mattered Pikeville scored an easy touchdown with a couple minutes left, untouched to the end zone, that would have given Pikeville the win. You got lucky someone moved or wasn't set or whatever the call was, that had nothing to do with the easy TD. Your heart didn't stop Pikeville from scoring easy to ice the game, Pikeville stopped themselves.
Somerset by 18.
jetpilot Wrote:When it mattered Pikeville scored an easy touchdown with a couple minutes left, untouched to the end zone, that would have given Pikeville the win. You got lucky someone moved or wasn't set or whatever the call was, that had nothing to do with the easy TD. Your heart didn't stop Pikeville from scoring easy to ice the game, Pikeville stopped themselves.
Then go to the Pikeville/Hazard thread...This thread is for the 2 WINNERS last week who are meeting THIS WEEK TO PLAY! SOMERSET/HAZARD THREAD!
Somerset by 12
Somerset will be the team to beat and pay the less with the win!
42-12 Somerset rolls!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Then go to the Pikeville/Hazard thread...This thread is for the 2 WINNERS last week who are meeting THIS WEEK TO PLAY! SOMERSET/HAZARD THREAD!

Are you a mod? No, a loud-mouth fan from a team that hasn't had a winning record in 50 years. You should be spending your time trying to figure out how your team can possibly have a winning season and/or actually beat a decent team, rather than staying on here running your mouth to the fans of a good team (that thrashed you.)Confusedhh:
jetpilot Wrote:Are you a mod? No, a loud-mouth fan from a team that hasn't had a winning record in 50 years. You should be spending your time trying to figure out how your team can possibly have a winning season and/or actually beat a decent team, rather than staying on here running your mouth to the fans of a good team (that thrashed you.)Confusedhh:

Well put if I do say so myself lol
jetpilot Wrote:When it mattered Pikeville scored an easy touchdown with a couple minutes left, untouched to the end zone, that would have given Pikeville the win. You got lucky someone moved or wasn't set or whatever the call was, that had nothing to do with the easy TD. Your heart didn't stop Pikeville from scoring easy to ice the game, Pikeville stopped themselves.
ok , you can say that , but it didnt happen , wut did happen on the other hand was a 80 yard drive for a feild goal that only took less than a minute , if that aint heart i dont no what is!:dontthink
GridironGang1 Wrote:ok , you can say that , but it didnt happen , wut did happen on the other hand was a 80 yard drive for a feild goal that only took less than a minute , if that aint heart i dont no what is!:dontthink

Um luck?
Panther#42 Wrote:Um luck?

why do u have to base everything on luck, why cant u accept defeat and just stop this argument. u said we won because of luck, we made tht 80 yard drive in less than a min becoz of a luck, we won against paintsville because of luck. u know what luck doesnt have to anything with this, we always knew we had the option of kicking the field goal and with 7.7 seconds left we went for the touchdown but u were called out on pass interference because there was one very visible as your cb was pushing our receiver, and then to win the game we knew we had to kick the field goal and we did. we won because we never gave up, u lost beacuse u thought that the 2 point lead was enough to beat hazard and u thought we couldnt do anything about it. COURAGE,HEART AND INTENSITY what took the bulldogs to win it, and we showed it and proved everyone wrong,JUST ACCEPT THE LOSS AND GO HOME, AND TELL THE PANTHERS TO WORK FOR NEXT SEASON. FOR GOD'S SAKES QUIT WHINNING AND MOVE ON, COZ IM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE ARGUING ON THE SAME DANG POINT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THE PAST IS GONE NOW WORK FOR THE FUTUREM AND U MAY GET A CHANCE TO PROVE YOURSELF NEXT YEAR.
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:why do u have to base everything on luck, why cant u accept defeat and just stop this argument. u said we won because of luck, we made tht 80 yard drive in less than a min becoz of a luck, we won against paintsville because of luck. u know what luck doesnt have to anything with this, we always knew we had the option of kicking the field goal and with 7.7 seconds left we went for the touchdown but u were called out on pass interference because there was one very visible as your cb was pushing our receiver, and then to win the game we knew we had to kick the field goal and we did. we won because we never gave up, u lost beacuse u thought that the 2 point lead was enough to beat hazard and u thought we couldnt do anything about it. COURAGE,HEART AND INTENSITY what took the bulldogs to win it, and we showed it and proved everyone wrong,JUST ACCEPT THE LOSS AND GO HOME, AND TELL THE PANTHERS TO WORK FOR NEXT SEASON. FOR GOD'S SAKES QUIT WHINNING AND MOVE ON, COZ IM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE ARGUING ON THE SAME DANG POINT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THE PAST IS GONE NOW WORK FOR THE FUTUREM AND U MAY GET A CHANCE TO PROVE YOURSELF NEXT YEAR.

Yea I agree somewhat about the past is the past and just strive to work to the future for next year. You can say anything you want about the game but it dosen't do any good. I wasn't at the game but for the 80 yard drive Hazard executed in less than a minute to beat the 'Ville, it is by no means luck. After the Somerset game in the locker room when we heard that Hazard upset P'Ville I was totally shocked. So Panther#42, I kinda have to agree with bulldog79 to just lay off the arguing about the past. It was a great season by the panthers and it was just a upset that happened friday. One team had to win and in this case it was Hazard. You have to give them their props because they deserve it and so does Pikeville for having a great season.
Somerset and Hazard guys. NOT Pikeville or any other team. Thanks
That's fine with me, I just get mad when people try to tell me things that aren't true and I know it is, how happy was everyone to have to play Hazard instead of Pikeville?
Panther#42 Wrote:That's fine with me, I just get mad when people try to tell me things that aren't true and I know it is, how happy was everyone to have to play Hazard instead of Pikeville?

It doesn't matter if we would have to play Hazard or Pikeville. Although I was really hoping that we would come to Pikeville. It would have been a great game. But, we have our sights set on the Bulldogs of Hazard this week and we are not going to over look them by any means!!!
Pages: 1 2 3