Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay vs Madison Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Predictions?
I think CC plays much better tomorrow and comes away with the win. This will be a good gauge for the tigers. I also think Smith will have another big game. I know it's just a scrimmage but CC needs to play well.... Set a tone for the season. Better defense and rebounding.
MC 71
CC 55
Tough test for the Tigers still learning to play without McDaniel and Allen. Need Smith to follow up his 33 point showing last game with another solid performance to keep this one from getting out of hand!
Where is this scrimmage?
Its at south laurel.....I believe that the tigers will have to step it up to stay in this one. if Madison Central is big then this could spell trouble for clay. I expect Smith and Farmer to put up 25 a piece or so. The question is does clay have a 3rd option with wolfe clearly injured?
I said this months ago that clay will miss Allen far more than Mcdaniel. They have absolutley no bigs and with there best rebounder playing 20 feet from the basket 50 % of the time. Clay will struggle on the boards. Smith and Farmer can make up for the loss of Chip but no one can for the 6'8'' frame of allen. I expect to see Marcum play a zone to try to cover for not having a big and help with the rebounding. I also look for another big game from Smith who is Clearly the best player on the floor. Clay needs Wolf healthy or Coty to get more minutes to help with the rebounding. Ill say clay will have many bumps in the road early figuring out what there role players jobs are . But come march i expect them to be the best in the region. Clay wins by 2
We are CC-
I didn't attend the scrimmage but I saw on Twitter Clay County won 79-72. Nice win even though it doesn't actually count.
Tigers proved me wrong. Smith is best player in the region!
CC looked a lot better tonight. Still have to improve their rebounding...defense was better but they need to tighten it up. Smith is proving that he is the best player in the region. He can and does play four position and is a lock down defender. The kid can play. :betterthanexpected:
Smith is a ball player. He may very well be the regions best. Had to handle the ball against the press as house struggled. Depth is a huge issue with clay
Leonards_loser Wrote:Smith is a ball player. He may very well be the regions best. Had to handle the ball against the press as house struggled. Depth is a huge issue with clay

Depth could end up hurting CC by tourny time. Someone made a comment a few weeks ago that several teams r an injury away from falling into the pack and CC is definately no different. Smith played four different positions tonight. His shot is smooth as silk.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Its at south laurel.....I believe that the tigers will have to step it up to stay in this one. if Madison Central is big then this could spell trouble for clay. I expect Smith and Farmer to put up 25 a piece or so. The question is does clay have a 3rd option with wolfe clearly injured?

Wolfe is injured for sure but sure looked good today. Had around 17 pts
Clay looked really good tonight against a good team. I think Madison Central beats every team there tonight except Clay and Perry. Blake Smith is impressing me more and more eveytime i see him. He does it all for clay and is a stud. I will agree that House cannot handle the point on the press and was clays worst player tonight. Wolf and Farmer looked good, I could still tell wolf is injured but he adjusted his game nicely. I do think Clay is the 13ths best and Smith is 1 of the top 2 or 3 players in the mountains not just the region.
I 100% agree about smith being one of the top players in the mountains, I also agree about Clay's depth to a certain extent. I think as long as Smith, Farmer or wolfe doesn't get in foul trouble they will be fine. I actually think that Sexton is an upgrade to Sam's and House. And I believe Arnold can fill in for any of those 3 and not lose much. I'll take Clay's top 3 over any in the region.