Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 35 Beechwood 24 Class 1A State Semi Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Final.
I was sweating the whole 2nd half listening to this one. Great win cardinals.
Congratulations.you'll meet or beat Williamsburg in Bowling Green again Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Congratulations.you'll meet or beat Williamsburg in Bowling Green again Smile

:Thumbs:
Beechwood couldn't capitalize from all the Mayfield mistakes.
Congrats Cards.
I think we had 1 mistake. They had 3. Their line is awesome. They just couldn't catch our speed.
Actually Mayfield capitalized on every mistake Beechwood made. A quick pick deep in Tiger territory on the 1st series of the game gave the ball to Mayfield at the Tiger 12 yard line that they turned into 7 points.. They also had a pick 6 in the 2nd half that thwarted another Tiger drive when they had all the momentum on there side. The Tiger D was outstanding against the run all night long. Mayfield was able to move the ball through the air and exploited the Tiger secondary all night, but, running the ball was tough sledding for the Cards.
It was a great game between two tough teams.
Beechwoods line on both sides of the ball was all it was made out to be and then some. There D was outstanding against the run and on the other side of the ball, they were able to move the ball well all night till they got in the redzone and then couldn't make it happen a couple of times.
Wow second best team weve faced all year.. their line was all an more than expected.. they werent really big but just solid an strong..it was as if beechwood focused all on eliminating the run and dared us to pass all night.. I dont knoe if they expeced us to not be able to be accurate or wat, but Arnett impressed me with his poise in a very tense atmosphere. It was stated that beechwood didnt capitalize on mafields mistakes.. ha. But they did we gave them a TD by way of a bobbled punt hike an miss handled by the punter who regained possession and was throwin the ball forward wen hit but was called a fumble an the ball bounced even futher back into card territory giving beechwood the ball somewhere near the 15 and was then punched in for the score.. they also scored on the reffs worste call of the night!!! Side judge with the players backs to him made a facemask call on mayfield on fourth down when it was not the case..there were two other reffs right there looking at it within 5yrds that could see the front of the play and never lifted their flag but the late flag thrown by the guy who couldnt even see the tackle.. so off of this conversion beechwood was able to score again..I know a win is a win , but the last thing to be said is beechwood couldnt capitalize on on mistakes...lol. they even capitalized on the reffs mistakes...phahaa.. the score should not had been so close.. they could not stop the pass or the big play by the cards.. once again they were veryclassey bunch had a bunch of nice words said by the fans when leaving.. game worth everybit of the 9 hour drive.. !!! GREAT JOB CARDS!!!!
9 hour drive, you must have been on the fan bus.
:thatsfunn. We all dont have blue lights 55. :cop:TongueoliceLigTongueoliceLigTongueoliceLig:rules:
The fan bus don't for sure.