Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay county 65 Pulaski County 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay wins a close one. Blake Smith was unstoppable tonight. 33 pts 6 rebs and was on another level. Farmer had 15 pts. Clay struggled at times and there role players looked bad tonight but Smith put them on his back and packed them down the stretch. Wolfe looked to be playing hurt. Refs kept it close for Pulaski but in the end clay was just too much.
wow pulaski dont have half their team and are just above avg with them all.
Yes clay looked bad tonight. But the fouls where plus 30 in there favor. But still clay should have beat them by 20. Lots of work to do for the tigers.
Imagine Clay's problems were Wolfe not in basketball shape or health and the role players not quite performing yet. It's way early and these are both fixable. Blake Smith has evolved like crazy and I fully expect him to contend for 13th region POY. You know what you're going to get with Smith and Farmer as well as Wolfe if he can get healthy but House, Sexton, and if he's playing Carr are going to have to develop into more than just doing a job. They're going to have to contribute.
did either of the south transfers play much? coty I assume seen some action
A win is a win I guess...Smith was the one positive for Marcum tonight. He took the game over in the second half scoring 22 of his 33 in the second half and hitting two free throws in the last seconds to give CC the final lead. I was also impressed with Sexton the kid plays with a lot energy. CC will be really good, it may be a month or so before they smooth out tho.
Coty may have seen 4 min. Had 2 pts and a rebound or 2 I personally think he should get more minutes
What year is Smirh?
Jr
Believe Marcum did a good job putting this schedule together for this specific team. Challenging but not overwhelming. I'm with Count, this team will be much different by January as will every team. Glad to see Sexton giving energy, he's kind of the wild card for the Tigers that can help a lot as a sophomore now. Did Carr play? Crazy to think the season starts in a week.
IMO Sexton should be a starter and I really think he will be when things shake out. Carr got a few mins. but I think Marcum played his starters mostly wanting them to get in game shape. Three months of open gym and a month of practice isn't quiet the same as game play...CC is one of only a few teams that truely improve over the course of the season so I believe the Tigers will be OK. Apart from Smith and Farmer not a great game against Pulaski tho.
Great game and Smith looked very good for Clay.Little sloppy at times but both teams will improve as the season goes on!
I'm afraid I've got some bad news for ya! The Tigers will peak when it matters. Wolfe will get healthy, heard he was sick when football ended. Don't want to be a February team in November. Marcum has a lot of readjusting after losing Mcdaniel and Allen, but I think he can do it.
I said it 6 months ago......if Smith is utilized the right way by Marcum and jealousy doesn't get in the way.....Smith will be player of the year in the 13th region this year. I still think by the end of the year Clay will be the team to beat......but there are 3-4 pretty good teams this year in the 13th.
I'm not disagreeing that Smith may be the best player in the region. The player of the year award (the one who tries out for the Kentucky All Stars) goes to a senior though.
Who is the fifth starter - Sams?
Who else will play a lot besides the top six?
Sams is the Fifth player, I'm guessing Sexton will be starter by Christmas tho. Carr and Arnold will probably be next to see playing time...CC is still looking for a big to step up and TAKE some minutes...and I think the Gabbard kid be that kid if he decides to play with a mean streak(not dirty just mean).

Who are some of the Seniors that would be in the running for the POY. Miller from HC would be my first guess.
Barger
Collier
Miller
Caldwell
Bumgardner
Hopper
Griffith
Shelton
Sasko
Browning
Boy...I blacked out on this one. I like Miller and Barger out of these guys.
:betterthanexpected: