Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Calpreps Projections for the Semi-Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ranking in Parenthesis (Class/Overall)

1A:
(#1/#9) Mayfield 28
( #2/#21) Beechwood 21

(#3/#29) Williamsburg 31
(#4/#35) Raceland 28

2A:
(#1/#17) DeSales 28
(#3/#30) Murray 19

(#8/#63) Shelby Valley 22
(#9/#65) NewCath 21

3A:
(#1/#16) South Warren 28
(#3/#33) Central 20

(#2/#20) Belfry 27
(#5/#45) Russell 14

4A:
(#7/#36) North Oldham 27
(#2/#23) Owensboro 26

(#1/#7) Highlands 44
(#6/#34) LexCath 20

5A:
(#2/#15) Graves Co 28
(#6/#42) John Hardin 19

(#3/#18) Pulaski Co 22
(#4/#27) Cooper 19

6A:
(#1/#1) Trinity 28
(#6/#6) Meade County (6/6) 7

(#3/#3) Dixie Heights 31
(#11/#14) Ballard 14

The North Oldham vs. Owensboro is weird because even though Owensboro is higher rated the CPU is favoring North Oldham.
Looks good except for Shelby Valley and North Oldham.
Calpreps miss the Williamsburg and Raceland game bad. Remember me Friday night....Williamsburg in a blow out. Confusedhh:
Why are we playing the games then? Let's just take these scores and move on to next week.
mysonis55 Wrote:Why are we playing the games then? Let's just take these scores and move on to next week.

???
^^^ if you don't understand what he's saying I do.
^^^ Because 55 is all about ratings.
I do follow ratings but these matchup predictions are almost never even close.
Are you talking about the final score, or the winner of each game?
mysonis55 Wrote:Why are we playing the games then? Let's just take these scores and move on to next week.

You'd like that but Beechwood is going to hammer you hard:Hammer3:Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:I do follow ratings but these matchup predictions are almost never even close.

Actually they are right 83% of the time.
MountainSports Wrote:Actually they are right 83% of the time.

I think LC - highlands game is closer . Maybe a LC win..

There are 12 games this Friday. By that percentage, we should expect them to miss on 2 of the 12.

According to the general consensus, those two games would be Valley/NewCath and N. Oldham/Owensboro.

In KY high school football the parity is so awful that 80% of the games are easy to pick.
More Cowbell Wrote:There are 12 games this Friday. By that percentage, we should expect them to miss on 2 of the 12.

According to the general consensus, those two games would be Valley/NewCath and N. Oldham/Owensboro.

The general consensus was correct on those two. The 3rd loss was Central over South Warren so CalPreps had 9 winners of 12. The predicted scores were close for a few and pretty far off for a few.

EKUALUM05, can you post projections for the Championship games? Thanks.
kybred Wrote:The general consensus was correct on those two. The 3rd loss was Central over South Warren so CalPreps had 9 winners of 12. The predicted scores were close for a few and pretty far off for a few.

EKUALUM05, can you post projections for the Championship games? Thanks.

Will do come Monday!
Projections are out early.

Friday, December 5th

2A CHAMPIONSHIP
DeSales (Louisville, KY) vs. Newport Central Catholic (Newport, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 2:30pm [projection: DeSales (Louisville, KY) 28-14]

3A CHAMPIONSHIP
Belfry (KY) vs. Central (Louisville, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 11:00am [projection: Belfry (KY) 22-17]

5A CHAMPIONSHIP
Pulaski County (Somerset, KY) vs. Graves County (Mayfield, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 6:00pm [projection: Pulaski County (Somerset, KY) 24-19]

Saturday, December 6th

1A CHAMPIONSHIP
Mayfield (KY) vs. Williamsburg (KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 11:00am [projection: Mayfield (KY) 31-21]

4A CHAMPIONSHIP
Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY) vs. Owensboro (KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 2:30pm [projection: Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY) 40-21]

6A CHAMPIONSHIP
Trinity (Louisville, KY) vs. Dixie Heights (Edgewood, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 6:00pm [projection: Trinity (Louisville, KY) 28-21]
mayfield_9 Wrote:Projections are out early.

Friday, December 5th

2A CHAMPIONSHIP
DeSales (Louisville, KY) vs. Newport Central Catholic (Newport, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 2:30pm [projection: DeSales (Louisville, KY) 28-14]

3A CHAMPIONSHIP
Belfry (KY) vs. Central (Louisville, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 11:00am [projection: Belfry (KY) 22-17]

5A CHAMPIONSHIP
Pulaski County (Somerset, KY) vs. Graves County (Mayfield, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 6:00pm [projection: Pulaski County (Somerset, KY) 24-19]

Saturday, December 6th

1A CHAMPIONSHIP
Mayfield (KY) vs. Williamsburg (KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 11:00am [projection: Mayfield (KY) 31-21]

4A CHAMPIONSHIP
Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY) vs. Owensboro (KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 2:30pm [projection: Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY) 40-21]

6A CHAMPIONSHIP
Trinity (Louisville, KY) vs. Dixie Heights (Edgewood, KY) at Western Kentucky U. (Bowling Green, KY), 6:00pm [projection: Trinity (Louisville, KY) 28-21]

Many thanks. Based on the projections most of the games should be fairly competitive. I thought Trinity would be a bigger favorite over Dixie. I'd like to see Dixie pull off the mild upset. Good injury free football to all 12 teams.