Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 104 Wayne County 91
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice win for Perry in an up and down game against the preseason #6 team in the state. Perry was lead in scoring by Beverly w/ 43 and Damon Tobler w/ 29. If you haven't seen Peyton Woods shoot the ball it's worth a drive to watch him. Justice is the best shooter in state but this kid is EASILY 2nd. Flat out strokes it when ppl in his face.
Both teams might want to work on defense lol.
Watched this game tonight. very entertaining. I will say this, If wayne county is the 6th best team in the state, then this is the weakest the state has been in a long time. I know they will have there typical great record because they dont lose at home, but this team will not beat any team that is athletic, Tobler and Beverly killed them tonight. Wayne is very over rated in my opinion
I think you could be right about Wayne but the state as a whole is down this year in my opinion. After Trinity I think there is a drop off and then you have Knott. After Knott I can't think of anyone else in the state that is that over powering. The next 10/15 teams is somewhat of a toss up. Ballard is ranked #2 but I'm not sure they are that good unless they've recruited some kids I'm not aware of. They lost 2 best players to graduation and another starter to Mercer County. Not sure how they are up at #2. I'm sure it will work itself out throughout the season. Time well tell who is for real and who isn't.
My bad. I forgot about NCC. They are right there w/ Knott. Those are easily the top 3 teams. Then the rest are just fighting for sloppy fourths!
Wayne County is probably not the 6th best team in the state, but like ballstar said, it's really splitting hairs after the top 3.

Wayne will run through the 12th.
Coaching will put Wane in top 6
zaga_fan Wrote:Wayne County is probably not the 6th best team in the state, but like ballstar said, it's really splitting hairs after the top 3.

Boyle Co might have something to say bout that.
Beverly was very impressive and Tobler looked like a man among boys. Perry vs Knott will be great to watch.
zaga_fan Wrote:Wayne County is probably not the 6th best team in the state, but like ballstar said, it's really splitting hairs after the top 3.

No, they won't.
I agree that coaching will 100% put Wayne up there towards the top but I believe state as a whole is down somewhat. JMO! Woods can coach his butt off and I believe are best team in 12th region. I do think that Boyle and Southwestern can play w/ them.
wow, Beverly with 43 and Justice with 44
Blevins had 27 for Wayne Co
ballstar Wrote:I agree that coaching will 100% put Wayne up there towards the top but I believe state as a whole is down somewhat. JMO! Woods can coach his butt off and I believe are best team in 12th region. I do think that Boyle and Southwestern can play w/ them.

Do not sleep on Lincoln. Didn't they return everyone?
Forgot about Lincoln. They are for real.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Do not sleep on Lincoln. Didn't they return everyone?

Yes, all 5 starters from last season back for LC.
I think its kinda funny how the 14th recruits so much and at the end of the day the three STUDS in the region are all mountain kids...Justice, Hall and Beverly.
Count Wrote:I think its kinda funny how the 14th recruits so much and at the end of the day the three STUDS in the region are all mountain kids...Justice, Hall and Beverly.

Nothing against Hall and he is a good player, but he is not even in "The Beast" Tobler's (10th grade at PCC) league. Can't wait to watch him and Hall and Beverly and Justice match up in the WYMT TOURNEY FINALSTongueirateSho:Thumbs:
^lol
D1Recruiter Wrote:Nothing against Hall and he is a good player, but he is not even in "The Beast" Tobler's (10th grade at PCC) league. Can't wait to watch him and Hall and Beverly and Justice match up in the WYMT TOURNEY FINALSTongueirateSho:Thumbs:

Tobler is A beast, I personally like Hall better...I don't think those two are locked into the finals just yet.
Did they shoot their arms off or just no D.
Both. Shot alot and played very little d. Up and down run and gun game.. I don't think Wayne can play defense.
Tobler won't be a match for Hall.He held Spalding to 18 points so I think he can handle the beast!
Knott will roll past Perry by 15 + points this year
Wolverine Wrote:Knott will roll past Perry by 15 + points this year
Now that is funny!!:biglmao::hilarious::lmao::please::lame:
Peyton Woods for Wayne is smooth as a glass of Ky Bourbon.He can stroke it from anywhere on the floor but Beverly was in a groove and never let up.There wasn't much defense but it was only a scrimmage.
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Did they shoot their arms off or just no D.

They both play the same style, try to out score their opponents with hardly any defense. when one team scores or misses a shot they try to beat you down the floor and score with a quick transition basket or an open 3. Very fun to watch both of these teams the way they play. Like the only running rebels style, shoot the ball in 5 seconds or less. Love it!
I really like Beverly and Perry but i feel like Knott is an upgraded version of Perry
My biggest question is who for Perry is gonna guard evan hall from Knott?
Wolverine Wrote:My biggest question is who for Perry is gonna guard evan hall from Knott?
Tobler can handle him I'm sure, and the new kid that will be eligible shortly is a little bigger version or Tobler and I know he can guard him. The question will be if Hall and Christian can guard them??????:lmao:
Pages: 1 2