Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Graves County @ John Hardin 11/28 5A Semi Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?
Going with John Hardin since I am a homer. But I know nothing about Graves County.
hoss403 Wrote:Going with John Hardin since I am a homer. But I know nothing about Graves County.

Hoss, the stars were aligned again, but the Purples had a huge letdown. Graves County is a very physical team, with speed to boot. Who would have bet that the Bulldogs would make the semifinals and Bowling Green wouldn't? Graves County's defense will be hard to score on, but offensively, they are mediocre. The Crider boy had 72 yards on 22 carries. I sure don't want to take anything away from Graves County, because they were the best team on the field last night, but it was a clusterfook for the Purples. Unbelievable game. I told my son in the 1st quarter that we were in trouble. I will be pulling for the Bulldogs. That team deserves a shot at a title and the way they have come together after the start they had is amazing. Good luck buddy.
GCHS will finally be in a state championship game.
adopted purple Wrote:Hoss, the stars were aligned again, but the Purples had a huge letdown. Graves County is a very physical team, with speed to boot. Who would have bet that the Bulldogs would make the semifinals and Bowling Green wouldn't? Graves County's defense will be hard to score on, but offensively, they are mediocre. The Crider boy had 72 yards on 22 carries. I sure don't want to take anything away from Graves County, because they were the best team on the field last night, but it was a clusterfook for the Purples. Unbelievable game. I told my son in the 1st quarter that we were in trouble. I will be pulling for the Bulldogs. That team deserves a shot at a title and the way they have come together after the start they had is amazing. Good luck buddy.

Adopted I was shocked at the lackluster effort by your Purples. They came out flat, but never really turned it on. In my opinion, some calls that put them behind the sticks hurt as well. I was really not impressed with Graves, I kept waiting for the Purples to make a play that never happened. I think John Hardin wins against Graves next week with a Pulaski/John Hardin final with Pulaski winning 5A behind Riley Hall and Company.
Graves advances dont see jh being able to handle the eagles.. personaly I seen graves givin the purps fits on the line an keepin enough pressure that bg just nev could keep a drive alive and when they did graves made a impact.. call it wat u want ...but talkin as if it was bc the number one team just laid down is obsurred..nothing should be takin from those boys, they are a solid team and have the states leading rusher..along with a solid line..
ontopofthewest Wrote:Graves advances dont see jh being able to handle the eagles.. personaly I seen graves givin the purps fits on the line an keepin enough pressure that bg just nev could keep a drive alive and when they did graves made a impact.. call it wat u want ...but talkin as if it was bc the number one team just laid down is obsurred..nothing should be takin from those boys, they are a solid team and have the states leading rusher..along with a solid line..

what?Confusederiously:
pjdoug Wrote:what?Confusederiously:

He said Graves Co. is a good football team that whipped BG's A$$.
I don't see JH being able to score too much against the Eagle D and I don't see there D being as good as BGs, so, I see Crider getting a few more big runs than he was able to muster against the Purples. I like Graves 24-7..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I don't see JH being able to score too much against the Eagle D and I don't see there D being as good as BGs, so, I see Crider getting a few more big runs than he was able to muster against the Purples. I like Graves 24-7..

To many mayfield fans picking Graves County.

John Hardin 35
Graves County 28

Confusednicker:
adopted purple Wrote:Hoss, the stars were aligned again, but the Purples had a huge letdown. Graves County is a very physical team, with speed to boot. Who would have bet that the Bulldogs would make the semifinals and Bowling Green wouldn't? Graves County's defense will be hard to score on, but offensively, they are mediocre. The Crider boy had 72 yards on 22 carries. I sure don't want to take anything away from Graves County, because they were the best team on the field last night, but it was a clusterfook for the Purples. Unbelievable game. I told my son in the 1st quarter that we were in trouble. I will be pulling for the Bulldogs. That team deserves a shot at a title and the way they have come together after the start they had is amazing. Good luck buddy.

Thanks AP. To say I was shocked at this game is an understatement. JH's offense took a big step back on Friday and quite frankly, we were lucky to beat a very underrated Iroquois team. We had 5 turnovers and if we do that against Graves we will lose. I think turnovers will once again be the key for the Bulldogs.
64SUR Wrote:To many mayfield fans picking Graves County.

John Hardin 35
Graves County 28

Confusednicker:

Shouldn't you be at church praying for something orange but called yellow?
I know you are nervous. Mayfield>Graves Co.>Bowling Green
Mayfield>Murray>Caldwell Co.
Mayfield>Paducah Tlghman
Mayfield>Russellville twice
I am pulling for Graves County after the big upset.
I think graves wins then probably loses to Pulaski county. I think Cody crier should be in the conversation for Mr. Kentucky football.
Cody crider dang auto correct.
Have the Graves Co. players come back down from walking on clouds yet? I wonder if that will be a factor... Can they refocus after slaying a dragon? At this point in the season you hope the players realize what's in front of them.
I have to agree that I too think GCHS will probably be in the finals. I never thought I would say they would be playing for a state championship. Esp when they have yet to do so for basketball. They certainly need to get it done this year though, that because they have nothing for the next 2-3 years.
Graves has put lightning in a bottle. Why not Graves?

A so so team on the ropes after losses to Tilghman and Mayfield comes roaring back to make school football history. They have done it the old fashioned way with smash mouth D.
The second best d in Graves County. Second to big brother that is.
I wonder if the graves fans are complaining now about transfers with the production they are getting from dylan reed.
This is crazy I never thought I would be rutin for graves so hard here but come on eagles.."lightning in a bottle " thats a good one!!! Love it.. but so very true..such adversity year in and year out to watch mayfield do it and wander why the big conrbread fed boys could never follow through... well the beast is in its cage!! And the best chance in school history is here at the finger tips... finaly playing the best ball in the history of the school and making ppl scratch their heads come on graves :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:redboxer:TongueirateSho. Two games left and to be a favored aginst John H. I would have to say... this will have to be a game im listing to in fort mitchell friday night... should be a good one.. 27-17 graves..
64, JH will never score 35 against Graves. The Mayfield Cardinals only scored 21 on them.
JH won't score 17 either. Maybe 10-14.
mysonis55 Wrote:JH won't score 17 either. Maybe 10-14.

You sound pretty confident. But I am guessing you haven't even seen JH this year.
I'd like to see Graves win this one. Ouch! This Mayfield shirt I'm wearing just tried to choke my neck. Or maybe it was a lump in my throat. Go Eagles! (I need meds.) Smile
mayfield_9 Wrote:He said Graves Co. is a good football team that whipped BG's A$$.

are you sure? Confusednicker:
John Hardin 21-20
Tica Wrote:Graves has put lightning in a bottle. Why not Graves?

A so so team on the ropes after losses to Tilghman and Mayfield comes roaring back to make school football history. They have done it the old fashioned way with smash mouth D.

they lost to two creampuffs
mysonis55 Wrote:64, JH will never score 35 against Graves. The Mayfield Cardinals only scored 21 on them.

John Hardin would smoke the mayfield cupcakes.
Smashmouth 47 Wrote:I'd like to see Graves win this one. Ouch! This Mayfield shirt I'm wearing just tried to choke my neck. Or maybe it was a lump in my throat. Go Eagles! (I need meds.) Smile

Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2