Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 37 Cov Cath 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Highlands goes up 20 to nothing early and Cov Cath takes advantage of 21 points on turnovers to make game close.
Dang it Cov Cath, you couldn't score three more?
closer than expected. way to go Bluebirds.
Closer than anyone thought it would have been.
Closer than I expected.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dang it Cov Cath, you couldn't score three more?

Dang it Highlands, you couldn't score thirty more?
I spent time with a Birds coach today, and we talked that no one quite understands this game between these two teams. Throw out records and previous games, each game is completely different. Before the kickoff, This was Highlands toughest game of the season!
sstack, how much did you buy Dustys love for?
I really give CCH for taking advantage of TO's, but this game could have been really ugly. CCH scored on 3 turnovers and on another scoring drive HHS stopped them on 4th down only to have a very questionable pass inter. call keep drive alive. Two of CCH scores were on very long pass plays and this is why it scares me playing Lex Cath, they have a good passing team which is HHS weakness on D.

Hoge had one of the best runs I have seen in HS. He ran for 81 yards and made 10 defenders miss! It was a thing of beauty. It is posted on You tube. Beau play
Way Closer than what I expected. Congrats to Highlands!!
Beau's TD run is going to be on ESPN and ESPN2 sportscenter tonight and tomorrow morning.
sstack Wrote:Beau's TD run is going to be on ESPN and ESPN2 sportscenter tonight and tomorrow morning.

Will you please post a link?
I have been watching Highlands football all my life and have seen a lot of great plays, but that Hoge run was the best I have ever seen.:Thumbs:
Nice.. Best play I seen was Hazards Jordan Olinger against Williamsburg 2 years ago in 2012.
Lynch47 Wrote:Will you please post a link?

you go! Thing of beauty!
Frozenbird Wrote: you go! Thing of beauty!

Not the biggest HHS fan in the world, but I always respect them and that was an unreal run. Unbelievable!
bucslover68 Wrote:Not the biggest HHS fan in the world, but I always respect them and that was an unreal run. Unbelievable!

It was so much better to see live and to be able to see the whole field. He sold the handoff to start the play and then run was jaw dropping.
Frozenbird Wrote: you go! Thing of beauty!

Awesome run. What is amazing is how fast he is able to reach top speed after changing directions so quickly.
sstack Wrote:Beau's TD run is going to be on ESPN and ESPN2 sportscenter tonight and tomorrow morning.

It was the #1 Play of the Day.