Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaches Preseason Top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity will be very difficult to beat. I don't see Ballard as the #2 team, maybe not even top 5. NCC will be the 2 team in my opinion and Knott is correctly ranked at 3rd.
Where in the heck is Lawrence Co. ?
Verry good question, Seger.:biglmao:
lol beat trinity and then you will be there. lc has done nothing.
#1 vs #3 Saturday Night in Hindman! Can't wait!
I don't know how I feel about Knott County being #3. I understand that they are the best team in the 14th but what does that mean in the whole state.
Knott does have a great team and I believe they are top 10 but we're talking the whole state.

Knott has shown they are the best in the 14th region but against the top state teams or even at the sweet 16 they have came up small.

I would have to put Newport Central Catholic, Scott County, and even Wayne County ahead of Knott, right now.

Newport Central and Wayne Co both beat Knott last year and they both return just as much as Knott. Lexington Catholic also beat Knott and LC only had 1 senior.
Knott definitely top 5 imo. I like the Newport team and they are a solid unit.Trinity travelling to Hindman Saturday night? Wow,will definitely not miss this one.
Bob Seger Wrote:Where in the heck is Lawrence Co. ?

On WV border south of Ashland....couldn't resist Bob!!!
:thatsfunn
BB King and the Patriots are going to make some noise this year I hope in the state tournament.Folks are forgetting about Christon and the work he has put in.Knott will be tourney ready this year!
We aren't no. 3, hope they prove me wrong.
killerb Wrote:On WV border south of Ashland....couldn't resist Bob!!!

:Clap:

Touche'
I for one am glad to see Perry & Knott in the top 20.It speaks for the 14th and colleges are starting to finally look at some great individual players here. Wayne County will be a strong team and can dismantle teams quickly. Hopkinsville should be higher and will move up before the year is over.
I think KCC is gonna have to prove themselves a bit more to be the 3rd best team. I'd say they're top 10 for now.
I am like you, I would put them top 10, top 3 might be a little high at this point, time will tell.
zonebuster Wrote:BB King and the Patriots are going to make some noise this year I hope in the state tournament.Folks are forgetting about Christon and the work he has put in.Knott will be tourney ready this year!
No worries, they will easily win the 14th again for the 4th year in a row, and settle for a one and done at the state tourney. Last year they had the best draw to win the whole thing and couldn't get past the first game. It was their 3rd time in a row, the deer in the headlights look should of been gone for sure, hope they can prove us all wrong and actually win a game or two, but will not believe it until I see it, players can only take you so far, the coaching staff isn't the best in the world, as we have all seen they have no idea how to prepare for the good teams when they get out of the 14th region. :Thumbs:
cardsrule Wrote:lol beat trinity and then you will be there. lc has done nothing.
What has anybody else done
There is no way Wayne County is 6th. Heck I don't think they should be in the top 15. Perry Central just beat them and they both played starters til end. Also got ran out of gym at rupp last year. I'm sure they will have another impressive record because the spurs couldn't beat them at home but any team that is athletic will beat them on a neutral floor. Way over rated IMO. I thought perry was better at every position other than one and perry bench was 10 to 1 better.
Truth99 Wrote:There is no way Wayne County is 6th. Heck I don't think they should be in the top 15. Perry Central just beat them and they both played starters til end. Also got ran out of gym at rupp last year. I'm sure they will have another impressive record because the spurs couldn't beat them at home but any team that is athletic will beat them on a neutral floor. Way over rated IMO. I thought perry was better at every position other than one and perry bench was 10 to 1 better.

I don't see how you everyone gets that Wayne isn't that good. I think everyone is measuring them by the fact they got beat by the preseason #20 team Perry Central. They pretty much have the same team as last year and made it to Sweet 16. They will be a very tuff team to reckon w/ this season. The state is down as a whole and Wayne can play w/ anybody in the state besides Trinity.
I totally disagree. Anyone in that gym yesterday and at rupp the last couple seasons saw what I saw. The are slow play no defense and only Stearns can really jump. They are a solid team that's very well coached. But if anyone outside of Wayne County thinks that team is a top 15 team, there crazy. I'm saying it now there way over rated. They typically play a cupcake schedule away from home and like I said u have to be 30 pts better to win on there home floor.
Truth99 Wrote:I totally disagree. Anyone in that gym yesterday and at rupp the last couple seasons saw what I saw. The are slow play no defense and only Stearns can really jump. They are a solid team that's very well coached. But if anyone outside of Wayne County thinks that team is a top 15 team, there crazy. I'm saying it now there way over rated. They typically play a cupcake schedule away from home and like I said u have to be 30 pts better to win on there home floor.

You may be right but as I look across the state no other teams just really stand out besides the top 3 or 4 teams. This is pretty much the same team that beat Knott last year as well. They have 2nd best shooter in the state in Peyton Woods, they have a very solid PG in Blevins that can hold his own, Stearns is nice and can hold his own against anyone, the big kid is skinny but is a solid player as well. I think they will be fine and go back to State tourney. They may not have played well against Perry but they will be fine.
Keep overlooking LC..... :eyeroll:
Pre-season rankings mean absolutely zero to me.
Holmes already beat Scott County in a scrimmage.
Johnson Central is definitely a top 25 team this year. I would put them in my top 20. I would also put Bryan Station in my top 25.