Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport VS. Mercer Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lets get this started, newport has a stingy D mercer has a potent O, last meeting ended in a 27-6 result in favor of mercer county. do you see the same result? A blow out? or the good ol upset?

IMO newport has a CHANCE, things is with all things floating around newport high school and the controversey can the boys at the port keep their heads on straight? personally newport has to string drives together and punch it in to keep the mercer O off the field, but all in all it comes down to a if they do it deal.

Newport 14
Mercer 21

IM PRAYIN FOR THE UPSET THOUGH!
It would take alot for Newport to upset Mercer Co. They have an unbelievable run game and defense. They have size and speed.
I like Mercer also but I think it will be clser this time.

Mercer 14
Newport 7
Of course I will have to pull for the supposed underdog in Newport. If history repeats itself the Mercer won't see the carpet for the state game.
Mercer has 95 kids on the roster,dont know how many dress.They are a running powerhouse with 4500 rushing yards and only 400 passing.If the Wildcats can pass efficiently and somewhat stop the run Newport could pull off the upset.Did they merge the coaching staff too.Harrodsburg has been to 3 State Championship games 88,96,and 97 winning zero,I dont think Mercer has been to one yet.:devilflam
I remember a NEWPORT team that gave the Devils HELL last year. If Newport comes out to play Merger like they did against the Devils last year, they may have a repeat game coming with Russell. It is hard to pick against Merger, but I will be rooooting for Newport.