Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Facing the Giants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight Russell, Raceland, Ashland, and I think Greenup all went to see the new movie Face the Giants. Dispite the not so good acting in the beginning, the movie was really great, had a great meaning. The story is about a team that bases their team about God, and gets a new perspective about the game of football, and the game of life. The movie was really moving, great movie to go see with the family. I recommend it. Plus some good football scenes in the movie.

Just thought i would throw that out there for you football movie fans
Awesome can't wait to see it
Ive heard about it...Sounds like a future classic!
it was ok i mean there could have been alot better actors. there is no big named actors in this ... but overall it was an ok movie
Is it in theaters everywhere?
ukno08 Wrote:it was ok i mean there could have been alot better actors. there is no big named actors in this ... but overall it was an ok movie

Like i said, the acting wasnt so great,
well the movie's meaning was awsome twords me, notice i say meaning not acting
and i think it will be in theaters everywhere this week sometime, im not really sure
Thats awesome that they all came together to watch this movie b4 they go their seperate ways in big games tomorrow! Hopefully they will all be inspired and pumped up for their games tomorrow!
I've been waiting a while for this movie to come out. I was happy to find out that it is going to be shown in the theatre for a short time. I plan on making it down there next week to watch it.
I got a good friend Josh Bates who sings in the movie. During the revival scene he is singing the song You never gave up on me. Josh is a Northern Ky boy and a great person glad to see him be in it. The acting wasnt great at first but it got better and the movie though was just excellent.
Maybe we can all go after the BGR game next week ..
I have not seen the entire movie yet....I have watched the availabe clips and it does seem to deliver a wonderful message. I agree with some of the other posters that some of the acting doesn't exactly seem first rate. There was one scene where a player has to bearcrawl with a kid on his back that gave me chills though.

Our youth really need to see this movie, it has a strong christian message.
Saw it and it was great. Agree with you on the acting. However, the newspaper had an article on the movie and said it was made by a church using over 500 volunteer actors. With that being said, they did a pretty good job.
From what I understand it was a medium sized curch from Georgia or Alabma less than a thousand members and were all volunteers. So don't expect any emey winning performances. However the purpose behind the movie is not to make alot of money or win awards but to win souls to Christ.
A good friend that I go to church with saw it last night and says it's awesome. Also gave a websight of the church that made the movie. http://www.sherwoodbaptist.net
Thats right, a church made the movie,and a religious group Casting Crowns got wind of the movie,liked what they saw and sent the movie to Sony,it was really a fluk that it even came out. All the boys from area football teams their tickets were sponcered by Big Sandy Furniture and a few others.
Was told last night at the Belfry-P-burg game that it is playing at Pikeville and South Ridge in Charleston.
Just saw the movie tonight and WoW! Even saw a few old coaches cry!

lol great movie, greater message!
I didn't really like it. wasn't enough football in it. I am more of a any given sunday kind of guy.
seeing people getting their eyeball knocked out.
t-cat50 Wrote:I didn't really like it. wasn't enough football in it. I am more of a any given sunday kind of guy.
You should go back and watch it again.
You missed the meaning of the movie....life is about more than football.
I agree fox.
Saw it and yes I cried,,, some of the same challenges the coach went thru I have also had to face,, makes me think about the warmongers, crapstirrers that we all have to live with,, Yea, I have stirred pots before and I realized as I grew that I was no better.. not saying that I am an angel now but I try really hard to be positive and do what is right,, no matter what you do you are going to make someone mad.....get used to it...
Seeing the movie made another connection for me, My family ran into a grandmother of a kid on my team.. the parents dont talk to me because of football now and she told us,, dont worry that is thier issue , and they have to live with it.
Kind of puts everyhting into perspective now..... I have the same philosophy when I am coaching.. it is not about who is the strongest , fastest but where is your heart..
One thing you cant teach is heart.
Devilologist Wrote:Saw it and yes I cried,,, some of the same challenges the coach went thru I have also had to face,, makes me think about the warmongers, crapstirrers that we all have to live with,, Yea, I have stirred pots before and I realized as I grew that I was no better.. not saying that I am an angel now but I try really hard to be positive and do what is right,, no matter what you do you are going to make someone mad.....get used to it...
Seeing the movie made another connection for me, My family ran into a grandmother of a kid on my team.. the parents dont talk to me because of football now and she told us,, dont worry that is thier issue , and they have to live with it.
Kind of puts everyhting into perspective now..... I have the same philosophy when I am coaching.. it is not about who is the strongest , fastest but where is your heart..
One thing you cant teach is heart.
GOOD POST.:devilflam
Sounds like a good movie to see, On the web site it said that it is playing in Pikeville right now!
The movie is currently showing in Ashland. It has been sold out or close to sold out every showing since it started. The church that made the movie has actually made another movie before this one called FLYWHEEL. The message in the movie is what the movie is all about, not football. But the church does an excellent job in reaching all ages in this movie. If you go just to see a football movie you are missing the point of the movie. If you go with an open mind to the movie than you will receive a blessing from the movie. I have already heard that lives have been changed by this movie. Our Sunday school class went Saturday night and people were sitting in the floor.
t-cat50 Wrote:I didn't really like it. wasn't enough football in it. I am more of a any given sunday kind of guy.

You missed the whole meaning of the movie pal, maybe go watch it again with another perspective about it.
I know the movie is saying you can do anything with God but no offence I don't think it was any good.
t-cat50 Wrote:I know the movie is saying you can do anything with God but no offence I don't think it was any good.

Can you tell me why not, w/o the bad actors excuse? I'm just kinda wondering why some people ddint like it, and all i'm gettin is the bad actors