Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 71 Buffalo 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cats looked awful. Down 5 at half. They better wake up.:zzz:
If you thought they looked bad against Grand Canyon, they look lost today.
Buffalo sure kept them on there toe's in the first half. If they play kansas like that it could be a long night.
Its just like I said in the GC thread and got called out on it.
We looked bad today. No other way to say it.

Screw the platoons.

Got to go with Harrison, Harrison, Lyles, Towns, and WCS.
First off the bench is Ulis and Dakari. I think Booker and Lee should be the only other two subs.
^ Not sure I'd throw in the towel on Poythress just yet. He didn't play that poorly today. He sparked the team early in the 2nd half.

This team will lose a couple games. The 40-0 talk is ridiculous. It's November. This team will be fine.
Btw, I don't like the platoon system either, but I have no reason not to trust Coach Cal at this point.
alfus21 Wrote:Btw, I don't like the platoon system either, but I have no reason not to trust Coach Cal at this point.

Dang it, forgot they played today. I do not think the platoon system lasts. I think he is just trying to keep everybody happy at start of the season. Did buffalo have a decent team? What happen first half?
Buffalo had length and shot pretty hot to start the game. They're a decent team but 9 times out of ten we win by more than 20. They weren't intimidated at all, and Kentucky was just ice cold from all over with the exception of Ullis.
I would like to see the platoon system applied to the coaching staff. Calipari would handle recruiting and somebody else would handle the other coaching duties. It would free up Cal to focus on what he does best.
alfus21 Wrote:^ Not sure I'd throw in the towel on Poythress just yet. He didn't play that poorly today. He sparked the team early in the 2nd half.

This team will lose a couple games. The 40-0 talk is ridiculous. It's November. This team will be fine.

Poythress doesn't have that "take over a game" potential that Lyles does.

I think Lyles is much better then Poythress. Poythress is a good role player.
Yea, 40-0... No.
I think we find out tomorrow how good we are.
We're either going to come to fight, or get punched in the mouth.
I'm not sold on Towns in the least. He has the hype for sure, but Lyles is a much better player. I liked the comparison to Tim Duncan. I love watching Booker on defense and think he is a raw player. I think the team plays so much better with Ulis at the point. Call me crazy but I like Ulis, Booker, Aaron Harrison, Lyles and Willie...God it's great to have crazy depth!
I think Lyles is by far the best frosh that we have. U is might be second.
Agreed Gut..He doesn't do anything great, but does a lot good~!
Towns is a rare talent, and top 5 draft pick. I like all the frosh myself, but Towns will be fine. Lyles has been impressive through 2 games though. A scorer for sure.
Just glad to have all 4 of the freshmen. Leave it to someone else to decide who is the best.
Im really not getting the over hyping of Towns.
Hes a good player no doubt. Has the body to be an NBA player, but he hasn't been a top 5 player on this team going all the way back to the Bahamas.

He just hasn't shown me anything yet.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im really not getting the over hyping of Towns.
Hes a good player no doubt. Has the body to be an NBA player, but he hasn't been a top 5 player on this team going all the way back to the Bahamas.

He just hasn't shown me anything yet.

You can't be serious. Dude had 9 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 blocks in 18 minutes against the #5 team in the country. What does he need to show you? I would consider that living up to the hype in a big situation. Not to mention that hook shot with his off hand.

Scouts were going crazy about his game the other night.
Motley Wrote:You can't be serious. Dude had 9 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 blocks in 18 minutes against the #5 team in the country. What does he need to show you? I would consider that living up to the hype in a big situation. Not to mention that hook shot with his off hand.

:pondering:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Lyles is by far the best frosh that we have. U is might be second.

I look for Booker to play a big role on this team.
Motley Wrote:You can't be serious. Dude had 9 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 blocks in 18 minutes against the #5 team in the country. What does he need to show you? I would consider that living up to the hype in a big situation. Not to mention that hook shot with his off hand.

Dead serious. He looks soft. Almost Wiltjer like.

I know he has it in him, but you have to understand the hype surrounding this kid. Some are saying he should be a top 3 pick in the draft, and im not sure I would pick him over three players on this UK team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dead serious. He looks soft. Almost Wiltjer like.

I know he has it in him, but you have to understand the hype surrounding this kid. Some are saying he should be a top 3 pick in the draft, and im not sure I would pick him over three players on this UK team.

:thatsfunn comparing Towns to Wiltjer is pure comedy. Thank you so much for that. I know the hype. I know he will go before anyone else on this team. Your basketball analysis has been pretty interesting on this team to say the least. He didn't have a good game tonight. Still had 5 blocks. Hard to do when you're soft. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.
Motley Wrote::thatsfunn comparing Towns to Wiltjer is pure comedy. Thank you so much for that. I know the hype. I know he will go before anyone else on this team. Your basketball analysis has been pretty interesting on this team to say the least. He didn't have a good game tonight. Still had 5 blocks. Hard to do when you're soft. We'll just have to see how it all plays out.

He once again played horrible tonight.
Im glad you think blocking shots of 6-2 guards from Boston U is a good thing. That isn't going to work with teams that are bigger.

Im telling you right now, Towns does not look good. Im surprised your talking garbage after that horrible showing tonight.

It looks like UK is either going to have to play away from Rupp or only play ranked teams to even try.

I say start Lyles over Towns at this point.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He once again played horrible tonight.
Im glad you think blocking shots of 6-2 guards from Boston U is a good thing. That isn't going to work with teams that are bigger.

Im telling you right now, Towns does not look good. Im surprised your talking garbage after that horrible showing tonight.

It looks like UK is either going to have to play away from Rupp or only play ranked teams to even try.

I say start Lyles over Towns at this point.

If only you were coach, then you could bench him after his 9 blocks in the last 2 games. You comically ignored his game vs Kansas who is bigger, ridiculously compared him to an inferior player, and say to start Lyles who had 4 points on 1-5 shooting with 4 rebounds in more playing time against Kansas, along with no assists or blocks. I have no idea what you've been watching if I'm being honest.
Look at this, GUT being Dust to BBN- I like it!

[Image: WAT-NAS-0002.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:Look at this, GUT being Dust to BBN- I like it!

[Image: WAT-NAS-0002.jpg]

Sometimes you got to reel em in to make em feel stupid.
Motley Wrote:If only you were coach, then you could bench him after his 9 blocks in the last 2 games. You comically ignored his game vs Kansas who is bigger, ridiculously compared him to an inferior player, and say to start Lyles who had 4 points on 1-5 shooting with 4 rebounds in more playing time against Kansas, along with no assists or blocks. I have no idea what you've been watching if I'm being honest.

If I were the coach, he never would of made the first playoon anyways. I wouldn't have to bench him. The kid is overrated. I would have rather had the Duke kid. Im sure he'll get better but hes to soft right now.
I don't think soft would be the right way to describe him. He's playing hard just not finishing offensively. If Towns wouldn't start for you then you'd be the only team in the country that wouldn't start him. We are only 4 games in. It's honestly hard to judge either way this early on. He showed up in the biggest game so far. Just needs to work on his post game. Okafor had a rough game shooting last night. Happens here and there. We still of plenty of time to argue and see what happens haha
I would start Lyles over Townes. No question. Lyles can shoot it from anywhere. Townes struggles with put backs.
Pages: 1 2