Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jack Haskins retiring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Effective immediately.
I assume he is a coach? If so for what school?
best for all concerned, the man is one of the best at developing quarterbacks, no doubt.
It will be best for his health. The stangs will suffer. They just need to leave our coaches alone. We like what we have.
I know what you mean 55, but you gotta figure there are some coaches at MF who don't want to spend their entire careers as assistants, no matter how good the program is.
Talon Wrote:I assume he is a coach? If so for what school?

Haskins is the coach at McCracken Co the last two years Talon
Haskins is a good coach it was some of his staff that needs the boot..lol.
I wonder if this will cause a swing in talent back to tilghman.
If it don't, the playoff success that PT will enjoy this year will. Some of them will be at Mayfield next year as well.
I was kinda hoping to pay mccracken back next year, and it would have been sweeter with capt jack at the helm.
Well, he finally beat Mayfield, it's time to retire. If Arnett did a bootleg instead of a hand off on the 2 point conversion, he would be there next year. Maybe the stangs can get Wyatt.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, he finally beat Mayfield, it's time to retire. If Arnett did a bootleg instead of a hand off on the 2 point conversion, he would be there next year. Maybe the stangs can get Wyatt.

He got the win over mayfield, and tilghman now its time to retire on top. I love how the media pumped it up like mccracken is the underdog to both teams, so when he won they could make it out to be a big deal. They make it sound like a new school shouldnt beat either of them, but who are they fooling, it wasnt a lone county school starting a program that had never played football before. They basically put together an all star team of 3 schools. Now that they have won, and they have had this school going a couple years the mccracken folk will expect to win, and now the pressure will be higher.
I heard they are interviewing 64 for the job.
mysonis55 Wrote:I heard they are interviewing 64 for the job.

I wish they would hire him, we would win for sure. That guy knows less than i do about football, and thats bad.
Bigblue78 Wrote:I know what you mean 55, but you gotta figure there are some coaches at MF who don't want to spend their entire careers as assistants, no matter how good the program is.

We still dont want them to leave. Already lost 1 from last year.
We had another one in the running for a local job that would have been a good one. He opted out to stay. I'm very glad that he did. I think coach Joe is getting close to the end of his time though. I'm not sure, but he mentioned to me one time that he wasn't wanting to go much past the time that my son would be graduating. He may have changed his mind though. I hope he has. This was around 2005 that he told me that.
He was taken to the hospital at a game a few weeks back. He's been around for a long time. He made little Heath High School a Western Kentucky football powerhouse back in the day. He might just be tired.
Talon Wrote:I assume he is a coach? If so for what school?

One of the more famous coaches in Kentucky history.
I know that Coach Haskins had a long career, where was he head Coach at and for how long? Anybody know what his win lose record was?
275-124-2. His 275 wins rank him 13th in
KHSAA history. Haskins was head coach at Graves County, Ballard Memorial, Lone Oak, Fulton County, Calloway County and Heath.
A QB guru coach. He's been great for Kentucky High School football!
275 is a bunch of wins. Be hard for coaches to get there in future. The pressure on coaches is growing every year.
Wonder where Alan Cox is these days? Would he consider the job if offered? What about Paul Leahy? Would he come out of retirement to coach these guys? What about David Morris? Would John Myers consider it? Joe Prince? Steve Lovelace? What about Coach Perry, the guy that coached Tilghman for a few years and was pretty successful.. Just kicking a few names out there to chew on.. Would Mueller come out of retirement and move west?