Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Golden Eagles 06-07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How about the Eagles.....I see another 15th Region title this yr for the Eagles
I agree with you 100%!!! GO EAGLES!!!! :1:
Either JC or Paintsville.
Repeat
Well think there lookin really good this year alot faster than last year and more defense oriantated, with Spud, Mccarty, Meek, Murray and Welch they should be fun to watch
Welch is not a basketball player.....Meak is a defensive player and if this is JC's starters I think they will be in trouble.
fanmanbball Wrote:welch is not a basketball player.....meak is a defensive player and if this is jc's starters i think they will be in trouble.

THIS IS THE MOST IGNORANT STATEMENT I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE...You'll find out just how good these boys will be with the roundball...Jesse Meek is more than just a defensive player...he's a slasher and has the ability to get to the rim...I watched him during summerball and didn't seem to have many problems getting to the rim against Louisville Doss(who by the way is filled with athletes)...Ian Welch is a player who works hard under the rim and rebounds well and can finish around the basket(showed good post moves and fundamentals during summerball)
I think that Ian Welch is a great player for JC
THIS IS THE MOST IGNORANT STATEMENT I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE...You'll find out just how good these boys will be with the roundball...Jesse Meek is more than just a defensive player...he's a slasher and has the ability to get to the rim...I watched him during summerball and didn't seem to have many problems getting to the rim against Louisville Doss(who by the way is filled with athletes)...Ian Welch is a player who works hard under the rim and rebounds well and can finish around the basket(showed good post moves and fundamentals during summerball)
I couldnt agree more, thats funny. I dont think alot of people on here have very much knowledge of the game or they would know that both Welch and Meek sre two of the most athletic players in the region.....I guess you'll all find out soon!
Haha..2 of the most athletic players in the region....try again you are probably a fan or a father from JC....
fanmanbball Wrote:Haha..2 of the most athletic players in the region....try again you are probably a fan or a father from jc....your pathedic

Well theres no need for foul mouth, lets just wait and see.
They do have state tournement experience, so just asking is that pathedic as well?
Must be from Paintsville, but its ok...Season is here and the same thing was said last year and they just happened to go to state....Cant argue with that!
Hard to tell how JC will be overall this year. They are definately a region favorite along with Paintsville. Meek, Welch and the other JC players are very good ball players. But that doesn't mean they will win region. When they played together, Paintsville dominated them last year. But on the other hand, JC kept their act together and came away with the region title. So who knows?? Then if they don't watch, there are other teams in the region that could knock out JC or Paintsville. We'll find out soon enough.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Hard to tell how JC will be overall this year. They are definately a region favorite along with Paintsville. Meek, Welch and the other JC players are very good ball players. But that doesn't mean they will win region. When they played together, Paintsville dominated them last year. But on the other hand, JC kept their act together and came away with the region title. So who knows?? Then if they don't watch, there are other teams in the region that could knock out JC or Paintsville. We'll find out soon enough.
Great Post, Its not just JC and Paintsville so why must it always be like that, Paintsville should win it, They been #1 two yrs in a row
fanmanbball Wrote:Haha..2 of the most athletic players in the region....try again you are probably a fan or a father from jc....your pathedic
Ian Welch was invited by Eddie Ford(Travis Ford's dad) to play on his elite traveling summer team this past summer. He made a great impression on him in his play during the state tournament last year. Ian will have a great year for Johnson Central this year.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Hard to tell how JC will be overall this year. They are definately a region favorite along with Paintsville. Meek, Welch and the other JC players are very good ball players. But that doesn't mean they will win region. When they played together, Paintsville dominated them last year. But on the other hand, JC kept their act together and came away with the region title. So who knows?? Then if they don't watch, there are other teams in the region that could knock out JC or Paintsville. We'll find out soon enough.
But Johnson Central did beat them at Paintsville and played them fairly even in the district game. Some times things just happen like in the game at Central. Some nights you can do no wrong and then some nights you cant do anything right. I dont think that Paintsville was much different in that game than they were in the other two games when they played Central last year, as far as playing together, because I think they always want to win so bad that the jealousy stuff is abondoned, for one night anyways. Paintsville definately could do no wrong that particular night.
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:THIS IS THE MOST IGNORANT STATEMENT I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE...You'll find out just how good these boys will be with the roundball...Jesse Meek is more than just a defensive player...he's a slasher and has the ability to get to the rim...I watched him during summerball and didn't seem to have many problems getting to the rim against Louisville Doss(who by the way is filled with athletes)...Ian Welch is a player who works hard under the rim and rebounds well and can finish around the basket(showed good post moves and fundamentals during summerball)

By "athletes" you mean "black people" don't you?

Whenever calling another BGR poster "pathedic" (which isn't even a word in the English language) please use the correct form of the word "you're".

Otherwise you look like an idiot.
and pathetic has no "d" in it either
Hungarian_Barbarian Wrote:By "athletes" you mean "black people" don't you?

Smile Haha Way to catch that Hungarian!
I think JC wil be an up and down team that has trouble finding itself until about midway through the season. There are a few of reasons for this. One, the JC football team is having an exceptional season. This causes those kids who play basketball to be way behind. Two, JC is having a hard time filling a team right now. I think they started practice with like 11 or 12 kids.(all grades included) Some kids were aloud to try out late to give them a fewmore, however I think there parents are in high positions at the school so why not, it is Johnson Central. Three, some additions to the coaching staff are a little questionable, and I think thats made several people in the community a little upset, along with holding some kids back from playing. Overall, I think JC will be fine. They just have a lot to overcome this year.
crazed eagle Wrote:I think JC wil be an up and down team that has trouble finding itself until about midway through the season. There are a few of reasons for this. One, the JC football team is having an exceptional season. This causes those kids who play basketball to be way behind. Two, JC is having a hard time filling a team right now. I think they started practice with like 11 or 12 kids.(all grades included) Some kids were aloud to try out late to give them a fewmore, however I think there parents are in high positions at the school so why not, it is Johnson Central. Three, some additions to the coaching staff are a little questionable, and I think thats made several people in the community a little upset, along with holding some kids back from playing. Overall, I think JC will be fine. They just have a lot to overcome this year.
WOW! you my friend are a hater! Your name is crazed eagle, therefore you must attend or be a fan of J.C.H.S.(football that is, because from this post I can tell you don't care much for the basketball program) Now, let's stop some rumors before they get out of hand.
1. It is true, J.C. did start out with not many players but that was only because the kids were involved in other School activities. JC is NOT having a hard time filling the team, peep your head in now and check out their practice.
2. The football team is having an exceptional season and I am very glad to see that, from what I can tell all the basketball players there at JC are tickled to see this happening, along with Coach Starns. Just because our football program is doing well doesn't mean our basketball team won't be ready to go when the football players come out. Wait and see.
3. As far as some of the players that you have said are coming out now because their parents are in high positions, you are clearly referring to Joe Whitaker (Principal's Son) and Mike Conley (His father works at the Boards Office). They are not allowed to come out just because of their parents, they are both talented kids and WILL help the JCHS basketball program.
4. The coaching situation is something that all fans and family of the JC basketball program will just have to deal with. Personally, I haven't heard any complaints on this issue. Ultimately, Coach Starns knows best and he wouldn't have anyone on staff that wasnt willing to make a committment day in and day out, with a 110% effort.
*Thank you and I promise that JC basketball will be A-OKAY just wait.
crazed eagle Wrote:I think JC wil be an up and down team that has trouble finding itself until about midway through the season. There are a few of reasons for this. One, the JC football team is having an exceptional season. This causes those kids who play basketball to be way behind. Two, JC is having a hard time filling a team right now. I think they started practice with like 11 or 12 kids.(all grades included) Some kids were aloud to try out late to give them a fewmore, however I think there parents are in high positions at the school so why not, it is Johnson Central. Three, some additions to the coaching staff are a little questionable, and I think thats made several people in the community a little upset, along with holding some kids back from playing. Overall, I think JC will be fine. They just have a lot to overcome this year.

I dont think you know what you are talking about or you would know that JC has about 25 players not including the football players coming out.. JC's so called football players are in very good shape and work on there game on the court alot more than people think, As far as the coaching staff, coach starns has a state championship and is a great coach....If kids dont want to come out for the team its because there to lazy to do anything and dont want to work hard. JC's team consist of these players....1-Jaryd "spud" Crum, 2-Jamie McCarty, 3-Jesse Meek, 4-Ian Welch, 5-Justin Murray, 6-Zac Sargent, 7-James Blankenship, 8-Jeremy Bratton, 9-Jeremy Stacy, 10-Dennis Dillion, 11-Nathan Dillion, 12-Nathaniel Dials, 13-Robert Smith, 14-Jo Whitaker, 15-Michael Conley, 16-Mikie Dale, 17-Jordan fergason, 18-Andrew Butcher, 19-Heath Ward, 20-Chris Hill, 21-Josiah Reno, 22-Josh Lackey, 23-Jared Meek, 24-Chad hall, 25-Jon Turner

The football team wasnt supposed to go 2-0 either and is was st luck last year when the basketball team won region, people are so funny, I guess the academic team isnt very good either because they have football players out and there not going to be focused.lol
and more but dont know there names, so much for 11-12 players sorry to dissapoint you. I pretty sure the eagles will be just fine.....hahahahaha As history shows
champ Wrote:WOW! you my friend are a hater! Your name is crazed eagle, therefore you must attend or be a fan of J.C.H.S.(football that is, because from this post I can tell you don't care much for the basketball program) Now, let's stop some rumors before they get out of hand.
1. It is true, J.C. did start out with not many players but that was only because the kids were involved in other School activities. JC is NOT having a hard time filling the team, peep your head in now and check out their practice.
2. The football team is having an exceptional season and I am very glad to see that, from what I can tell all the basketball players there at JC are tickled to see this happening, along with Coach Starns. Just because our football program is doing well doesn't mean our basketball team won't be ready to go when the football players come out. Wait and see.
3. As far as some of the players that you have said are coming out now because their parents are in high positions, you are clearly referring to Joe Whitaker (Principal's Son) and Mike Conley (His father works at the Boards Office). They are not allowed to come out just because of their parents, they are both talented kids and WILL help the JCHS basketball program.
4. The coaching situation is something that all fans and family of the JC basketball program will just have to deal with. Personally, I haven't heard any complaints on this issue. Ultimately, Coach Starns knows best and he wouldn't have anyone on staff that wasnt willing to make a committment day in and day out, with a 110% effort.

thank you
champ Wrote:WOW! you my friend are a hater! Your name is crazed eagle, therefore you must attend or be a fan of J.C.H.S.(football that is, because from this post I can tell you don't care much for the basketball program) Now, let's stop some rumors before they get out of hand.

I think the JC basketball program will be fine as well. I think you need to read all of my post instead of the parts you don't like. As for that, I hope they do well. I have several friends that play. It also looks like I hit a soft spot when I mentioned some players coming on late. All I am asking is what kind of message does this send to the other kids who played all summer and been there since Oct 15 working hard. That it doesn't matter when you try out. If that be the case then don't even have try outs, just let kids run in out as they please. This way we can teach them that there will never be consequences for there actions as long as they know the right person. As far as the player count thats great they have more now. I was just addressing the fact they had a tough time getting kids interested at first. And don't tell me that they were involved in other sports. There is only 4 kids I know of that are playing football who plan on playing basketball.
To the last issue, I was not making a personal attack on anyone. I have just heard people say that they don't agree with some of the coaching additions. Thats all! I realize its hard to find good people to help out and respect anyone who is in the field.
Finally, just because my name is crazed eagle does not mean I am even from the area. I could just know a lot of peolpe in that particular school system. The last time I checked I don't thin JC is the only team that carries the name eagles.
Paintsville will definetly take the region title if they can keep their egos undre control. If they can do that, they will hav no problem handling the eagles
PrimeRib Wrote:Paintsville will definetly take the region title if they can keep their egos undre control. If they can do that, they will hav no problem handling the eagles

Now this is an ignorant statement! Lets here it champ and watchin u.
PrimeRib Wrote:Paintsville will definetly take the region title if they can keep their egos undre control. If they can do that, they will hav no problem handling the eagles

Well they will just have to prove it, maybe win they can beat Shelby Valley in the first round of region then they they can get to the eagles because stats dont lie and the past two years JC has had a tougher schedule and has made it farther than the tigers.....So this is what everyone has been hearing for three years now and i really hope they do win something besides district because it was so funny watching them cut the nets down last year, it looked like they just won the world championship....hahaha
Maybe its a mental thing, i guess we all know that mostly everyone would much rather have mental toughness over athleticism.
Good luck tigers on your quest for the district championship and your apperance to the second round of region.

NEVER COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH
Central and Paintsville are both very good ball clubs, but Paintsville has really impressed me. I watched Jeremy Pack play D and let me tell you, he is the new Daniel Pugh on that team. I'd just like to see BMR play him a little more. Which this year, he will shut down the other team's biggest scorer.
*Coeus* Wrote:Central and Paintsville are both very good ball clubs, but Paintsville has really impressed me. I watched Jeremy Pack play D and let me tell you, he is the new Daniel Pugh on that team. I'd just like to see BMR play him a little more. Which this year, he will shut down the other team's biggest scorer.
Gosh he must be good..lol
He is not even close to being as good as Daniel pugh, he is to weak and cant play basketball and we all know whose getting the playing time at paintsville, but to shut down someone you have to get in the game, so does he plan on gaurding the waterbottles or what?
watchin-u Wrote:Well they will just have to prove it, maybe win they can beat Shelby Valley in the first round of region then they they can get to the eagles because stats dont lie and the past two years JC has had a tougher schedule and has made it farther than the tigers.....So this is what everyone has been hearing for three years now and i really hope they do win something besides district because it was so funny watching them cut the nets down last year, it looked like they just won the world championship....hahaha
Maybe its a mental thing, i guess we all know that mostly everyone would much rather have mental toughness over athleticism.
Good luck tigers on your quest for the district championship and your apperance to the second round of region.

NEVER COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH
I agree on this, but paintsville has played some pretty tough teams and beat them. U think they were happy when they won district, u shoul've seen them when they beat apoolo at the tiger hoops classic.
Pages: 1 2