Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class A District 7 in 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK
Here ya go:Class A Dist 7
What are your thoughts?

Cumberland
Evarts
Harlan
Hazard
Jenkins
Pineville
Hm I don't know what Harlan will lose at the end of the year and what they will return, but they are generally good so I will say they win the district, possibly Hazard coming in second, Cumberland in third, and Jenkins at fourth.
But these are just predicitions based on what I know about the teams this year, I don't know what any of these teams will lose or return so I can't really judge them well, but again, it's all just based on what they're recent years have been like
Evarts, Pineville and Jenkins will be battling for the 4th playoff spot every year, with Evarts being the favorite.
I think it should be a very competitive district...
Aren't Evarts, Cumberland and Cawood consolidating sometime soon. I think it is these three anyway. Harlan and Hazard will fight for 1 and 2 every year. With Cumberland, Jenkins, Pineville and Evarts fighting for 3rd and 4th. Probably in that order as well.
bigpun Wrote:Aren't Evarts, Cumberland and Cawood consolidating sometime soon. I think it is these three anyway. Harlan and Hazard will fight for 1 and 2 every year. With Cumberland, Jenkins, Pineville and Evarts fighting for 3rd and 4th. Probably in that order as well.
I agree
I know that Hazard, Cumberland, and Harlan all have very strong football programs and Jenkins is building up. But, I dont know much about Evarts and Pineville. What was their records this year???
Cumberland was 7-4
Evarts was 2-8
But Evarts lost 38-34 to Cumberland. That is how close the teams are in the district. Go look at Pineville/Evarts schedule this year..Somerset, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg, Harlan, Cumberland, Middlesboro, and a couple of more.....Evarts and Pineville would be the 3rd spot in Class A District 8 because it is better football there!
Pineville won 0 district games
evarts won 1 district game
I don't know how that's constitutes a playoff berth in district 8.
Pikeville 6 wins
Hazard 5 wins
Paintsville 4 wins
Jenkins 3 wins
That is more than Pineville and Evarts 0 and 1.
bigpun Wrote:Pineville won 0 district games
evarts won 1 district game
I don't know how that's constitutes a playoff berth in district 8.
Pikeville 6 wins
Hazard 5 wins
Paintsville 4 wins
Jenkins 3 wins
That is more than Pineville and Evarts 0 and 1.

I think what Playboy's saying is, had they been in a district with Allen Central, Phelps, and South Floyd Pineville and Evarts could've had all 3 of those wins. The 4th spot would've come down to who won games between Jenkins/Pineville/Evarts.
I think this is a thougher district than what Jenkins is in now. These programs always have good teams there record might not show it but I've watched alot of them and they are impressive.
I wouldnt count Cumberland out of it. They have 2 great athletes returning to their team that i know of for sure. Zach Blanton at QB can hurt you by throwing it, and if you dont give him respect, he can also hurt you by running. They also have a nice Sophmore FB that will return in Nethanial Gilliam. Gilliam had over 200 yards against Somerset if im not mistaken and one of the best runs i have ever seen from a high school athlete on a screen pass against WIlliamsburg.
Panther1 Wrote:I think what Playboy's saying is, had they been in a district with Allen Central, Phelps, and South Floyd Pineville and Evarts could've had all 3 of those wins. The 4th spot would've come down to who won games between Jenkins/Pineville/Evarts.
Thank You Panther1. That is what I was saying...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Thank You Panther1. That is what I was saying...
Oh I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks Panther1
:Thumbs:
bigpun Wrote:Oh I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thanks Panther1
Jenkins should be a hard team to beat... but they have some hard district games next year.
All_state_RB#1 Wrote:Jenkins should be a hard team to beat... but they have some hard district games next year.

Who do they return?
They lose 3-4 starters on offense and 3 on defense.....
Should be tough next year
Should be, but if the kids don't push themselves to the fullest RIGHT NOW, then it is going to be an average season. I am saying set a goal of 7 wins. Lift your tails off and run and plyometric yourself until you can't move your knees. Get football strong and get the mentality and hunger right now! You can't show up to play football only during football season. It needs to always be football season if you are committed! And that is something that a Jenkins football team has not had in a VERY LONG TIME! And that is a good offseason work ethic! Hopefully the playoff berth this year changes that! GO BIG GREEN!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Should be, but if the kids don't push themselves to the fullest RIGHT NOW, then it is going to be an average season. I am saying set a goal of 7 wins. Lift your tails off and run and plyometric yourself until you can't move your knees. Get football strong and get the mentality and hunger right now! You can't show up to play football only during football season. It needs to always be football season if you are committed! And that is something that a Jenkins football team has not had in a VERY LONG TIME! And that is a good offseason work ethic! Hopefully the playoff berth this year changes that! GO BIG GREEN!
The football team started lifting yesterday and most of us are running with basketball.
All-American Lineman Wrote:The football team started lifting yesterday and most of us are running with basketball.

Alot of boys lifted last offseason too, but when the season rolled around they quit. The leaders of the team next year should tell the coach they want that as part of practice. Working out in the offseason is a wast of time unless you keep doing it threw the season to stay strong! It wont do nothing but help!!
I think Hazard wins district next year.
Is Harlan/Cumberland/Pineville/Evarts losing alot?
What is cumberland returning next year?
I heard there QB and Fullback..Losing Washington/Vicini that I know of...