Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How will Barry Halls Raiders be this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
come on lets hear about how you feel the raiders will do
If they play defence and work together as a team they should be alright...they might even win the district.....if it turns into another one man show like it did last season....i predict another struggling year for the Raiders....They don't have much size...i think Coach Hall will start 4 guards, and a 6'1 center....They do have some good shooters....as a team, prolly the worst defence in a weak district.
They will probably be alright but i dont see them doing much. If they are anything like they were last year there attitudes will get the best of them though.
I really dont see them having the attitudes they had last year. I see them being like last year in some ways though. I belive the will live or die by the 3 again. If they are hitting, they will beat anyone.
yea they have a some shooters from what ive heard the akers boy can shoot....both the johnson boys can from what i heard about them....not seen much of lyle johnson...slone shoot a little....but what about the big man does anyone know if they found a guy to replace little from last yr?
Slone is more of a take it to the goal/slasher for the raiders...he also looks for his teamates first and is a pretty good defensive player...I only watched him play in 2 games last year and i don't think he took an outside shot so i don't know about how he shoots......Kyle Brown will be taking Littles's spot down low....he won't give you the points that Little did but he is a good rebounder
I agree Brown is not much of a scorer but he will work hard and pull down some rebound and I think he will be one of the top shot blockers in the 15th.
The Raiders will be a mediocre team this year. They wont be a team that people will dread playing but they will still put up a fight. There lack of size may be a big problem, but I think there speed will make up 4 it. I just hope they play team ball, and keep good attitudes unlike last year.
havent heard much of brown.....but we well see on dec. 1st when they travel down here to take on the golden eagles for the season opener...this will put the raiders to the test early and we will see what they are all about.
They will go as far as Ethan Johnson will take them. And their attitudes as well.
Ethan Johnson is their senior leader and will do a majority of the scoring but.....they will go as far as the team will take them...until they have Ethan Johnson written across their jerseys...they are still South Floyd
What are you talkin about white mike. Ethan Johnson is awful, and won't score 20 in the whole season.
with that group of good little guards they have passing him the ball he should average 20
no way
White mike, earlier you said you see another struggling season for the raiders. When have they had one since 2000. the years they where a little down they still managed to get 2 regional all a titles under their belts. Etham should avg. around 20 but if Brown leads the 15th in shot blocking the raiders will not be going anywhere, he needs to play soild defense and not worry abourt shot blocking and they will be alright if he plays smart in the middle.
South Floyds 1st game is against Johnson Central on December 1st. We'll all see what they got going up against the defending 15th region champs.
The first game isnt any where near as important as the last game. They may get blown out by Johnson Central in the first game. That doesnt determine what kind of season they are going to have or how far they will go. With the shooters they have, they could win their district. I might could see them winning a game or two in the regions if they get a good draw. That last statement could be said about a number of teams this season though.
meganwillis10 Wrote:White mike, earlier you said you see another struggling season for the raiders. When have they had one since 2000. the years they where a little down they still managed to get 2 regional all a titles under their belts. Etham should avg. around 20 but if Brown leads the 15th in shot blocking the raiders will not be going anywhere, he needs to play soild defense and not worry abourt shot blocking and they will be alright if he plays smart in the middle.
LMAO...i never said anything about Kyle Brown leading the region in shot blocking if anything he will lead the region in fouls for trying to block shots....and yes SF will struggle...but that don't mean Ethan can't avreage AT LEAST 20 ppg.
I don't know when the last struggling season was...i don't know much about SF...i just know a little from watching them play the past 2 seasons.
SF will be okay not as good as they usally are. I don't think they have a down low presence this season...But good luck to them.
They are going to be one of the worse teams in the region. Only being above David, Pearist, Allen Central and Jenkins.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:They are going to be one of the worse teams in the region. Only being above David, Pearist, Allen Central and Jenkins.

I am pretty sure that Jenkins and South Floyd are not in the same region. Come on SVwildcat2010, your making SV look bad.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:They are going to be one of the worse teams in the region. Only being above David, Pearist, Allen Central and Jenkins.

lmao..yeah i think david and piarist will beat them this year. jenkins aint even in the same region..shelby valley is gonna win state IMO. They have the top 5 players in the region by far.
I agree spectator...its a coin toss wich one of those 5 from SV will win Mr. Basketball!...LMFAO
thespectator Wrote:lmao..yeah i think david and piarist will beat them this year. jenkins aint even in the same region..shelby valley is gonna win state IMO. They have the top 5 players in the region by far.

I am no moderator, but please learn to capitalize. Also this site is not for jokes. You guys are just making it harder on your team down the road.
i think they have the potiential to be a really good team...but thats a key word potential, it mean nothing unless you use it.....id like to see them do big things but they will have thier hands full with prestonsburg
they shoot way to many 3's!!!!!!!!!
thespectator Wrote:South Floyds 1st game is against Johnson Central on December 1st. We'll all see what they got going up against the defending 15th region champs.

They'll get demolished. I'd like to see SF win a game like that but there is no way.
i agree...no way will they beat a team like JC...they live and die by the 3...and 9 out of 10 times against good teams they will die by it!...they need to start penetrating more or working the ball around to find an open player, instead of shooting one from about 30 feet with a hand in their face!!!! they also need to play better defence and rebound a whole lot better to beat a good team.
guys i play basketball and the only thing i can say is we will be good, but it is hard for me to think about the game when all the excitement goes down after the game in the shower... dont worry guys ill bring the lube Wink
Pages: 1 2