Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former 14th Region Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend and I were talking about some players that were outstanding players that did not play at the next level. Who are some players you can think of that had great careers in the 14th Region but did not play college basketball for whatever reason?
Daniel Combs
Chris Chaney
Ben Bowling
Eric Napier - Hazard?? I think his last name was Napier.
DJ Hoskins - Hazard.. Not sure what happened but he was a great highschool player.
I know there are more but all I can think of right now.
Didn't Daniel Combs play at Alice Lloyd?
^he did, if you want to count Alice Lloyd as "next level" be my guest.
Ballers Wrote:^he did, if you want to count Alice Lloyd as "next level" be my guest.

Ridiculous to say it isn't. Sure it isn't as big as others but no need to belittle someone for pursuing an education and athletic opportunity at ALC.
alfus21 Wrote:Ridiculous to say it isn't. Sure it isn't as big as others but no need to belittle someone for pursuing an education and athletic opportunity at ALC.

The guys at ALC are as good as anyone around here... The fact that Daniel Combs played there should speak highly enough of the program.

Ben Bowling also signed with D1 Tulane before switching to GTown.
Are you talking about Eric Mullins from Hazard? I think he's an assistant coach now.
Eric Mullins also played at Alice Lloyd.
Henry Webb(McDowell '89) from the 15th played for Alice Lloyd. He set many school and conference records.
There have been a lot of good players come out of the 14th region.
alfus21 Wrote:Ridiculous to say it isn't. Sure it isn't as big as others but no need to belittle someone for pursuing an education and athletic opportunity at ALC.

It's not called belittling.
It's called pissing your talent in the wind.
ALC IS NOT the next level.
My kid is 10 years old and JBS plus Alice Lloyd is asking him to play.
If Daniel would have stuck his head in the books, he might have been doing something different than most 14th all-stars, which is selling cars.
Trust me, most of them are. Even the ones with a degree.
Don't stomp in here with your trash alfus, you are the Gomer Pile of the 14th.
Hell I could tell 10 ppl in my basketball league to go to ALC.
They would all start.
I understand that you old people want to push education.
That's fine.
This is a sports forum!!!
Tim Couch (Leslie Co.) Play football at UK
Jon Olinger (Hazard) play football at univ of Cincinnati
It said did not play college basketball. Both of these play college football.
Chill out dude. There is no call for insults, keep it classy. Agree to disagree about ALC.

Geesh.
Ballers Wrote:It's not called belittling.
It's called pissing your talent in the wind.
ALC IS NOT the next level.
My kid is 10 years old and JBS plus Alice Lloyd is asking him to play.
If Daniel would have stuck his head in the books, he might have been doing something different than most 14th all-stars, which is selling cars.
Trust me, most of them are. Even the ones with a degree.
Don't stomp in here with your trash alfus, you are the Gomer Pile of the 14th.

I would love to come watch your great 10 year old son play. Sounds like he is gonna be a good one. Funny that my son is 9 and plays everywhere in the country and they haven't crossed paths yet. That's gonna be fun. I would love to assess his game like you assess everyone else in the region. The biggest problem I've seen w/ kids that are good is that their parents are idiots and end up destroying them.

About the selling cars deal. Not sure who your trying to fire shots at but I played D1 basketball, got a degree and sold cars for 11 years. I know Daniel Combs and Justin Hicks also and they are both in the car business. Not sure how that makes them any less successful. Not sure what your trying to do on here w/ some of the statements your making. I know that you tried to hurt Braxton when he was 13 years old in a Dustbowl game because he was giving you the business. Not sure if that's what this is about or that ALC never offered you a scholarship. Either way it gives you know right to try to call ppl out. Now, if you have a problem w/ me personally then stop by my work or call me. I think I speak for many of us on here that everyone is tired of listening to you bashing grown men and kids. You WILL NOT bash me or any child that I'm associated with because I will not stand for it.
OK - lets go a different direction -----who are the most successful 14 region basketball stars that have had a great success after basketball (after playing at a college or 14th region high school) ?
^^^ Lay it on him..
ballers chose his name because he is excellent at ball handling. Handles balls with the best of them. It's his right to question alc because of how awesome he is with balls in his hand. Ballers the ball man. Best balls player around.
Bluecat Wrote:A friend and I were talking about some players that were outstanding players that did not play at the next level. Who are some players you can think of that had great careers in the 14th Region but did not play college basketball for whatever reason?
This thread would never gotten out of hand if you guys had specifically defined your rules
for (1) next level and (2) success.