Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. @ Magoffin Co. - 2nd round 11/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who ya got and why?
[Image: lawrence-county-ms.gif] 35

[Image: magoffin-county-ky.gif] 14

This Bulldog team seams to be hitting on all cylinders at just the right time of the year. I think they got better with the tough second half schedule of the year. If we win this one then it's a rematch with Belfry. :popcorn:
Sorry to disappoint but Lawrence travels to Magoffin. Lawrence is a 2 seed so they will travel to the 1. Prolly won't make much difference where they play but it will be a pretty decent game. Magoffin was up I heard at one time 34-12 with 5 minutes to go and tried to coast. Lawrence beat Sheldon Clark 28-14. So this will be a pretty good game IMO going by scores but I hate doing that. May make the trip to salyersville to watch this one.
Magoffin co. Will not be able to stop lc run game. Lc beat sc on the road, I say lc rolls in this one 42 to 14.
The Dawgs will beat Magoffin down.
End of the road for the sweat bees.... On a positive note, their program is on the rise...!
LC will win this one 35-28 over MC, will be close one.
MC's offense can be very explosive at times, but they also leave a lot to be desired on their run stopping capabilities. That being said, I'm gonna take LC 34-18
bobcatsfan Wrote:Sorry to disappoint but Lawrence travels to Magoffin. Lawrence is a 2 seed so they will travel to the 1. Prolly won't make much difference where they play but it will be a pretty decent game. Magoffin was up I heard at one time 34-12 with 5 minutes to go and tried to coast. Lawrence beat Sheldon Clark 28-14. So this will be a pretty good game IMO going by scores but I hate doing that. May make the trip to salyersville to watch this one.

I don't think you can use their previous game with Sheldon Clark as a gauge for this one. That was a different team that was coming off a bad loss to Raceland the week before. They've overcome a lot and should win this one easily.
Looking forward to meeting up with some old friends from Salyersville. I have a lot of respect for Scotty Mccoy and what he has done at Magoffin County. As for the game if the Hornets struggle stopping the run it could be a long night for them.LC is starting to click offensively on all cylinders and I think everyone knows of their potential. I have said if the Bulldogs team that showed up against Belfry shows up no one will touch them until that rematch.
Really surprised magoffin won against Sheldon Clark, good job hornets! But this game should be a running clock for Lawrence county.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Looking forward to meeting up with some old friends from Salyersville. I have a lot of respect for Scotty Mccoy and what he has done at Magoffin County. As for the game if the Hornets struggle stopping the run it could be a long night for them.LC is starting to click offensively on all cylinders and I think everyone knows of their potential. I have said if the Bulldogs team that showed up against Belfry shows up no one will touch them until that rematch.
At this point I kind of question LC offensively clicking on all cylinders. I know they looked good againts Morgan Co. but the two games prior to that the run game was shut down. I know we have very good backs but when a teams running game gets shut down even by Belfry it's a concern. And my biggest concern is that our QB has been the leading rusher in our last few games. But with all that said LC has made up with the passing game I do think that our run game is there but just not clicking like I would like it to be.
Dawg Family Wrote:At this point I kind of question LC offensively clicking on all cylinders. I know they looked good againts Morgan Co. but the two games prior to that the run game was shut down. I know we have very good backs but when a teams running game gets shut down even by Belfry it's a concern. And my biggest concern is that our QB has been the leading rusher in our last few games. But with all that said LC has made up with the passing game I do think that our run game is there but just not clicking like I would like it to be.

This Lawrence team is a completely 180 degrees different team than they were at the first of the year. I was very critical after the Breathitt game, but they've made me believe they are a very strong bunch mentally. They could've easily folded after the adversity set in, but I think Coach Cecil deserves credit for keeping them all on the same page during that time.

Their running game has been up and down, but it seems like they are good at adapting to different situations, and different players stepping up at critical times. I know the running game hasn't been strong the past couple weeks, and I'm not counting the Morgan game because they couldve done anything against that defense, but when that happens, it seems like LC has a couple players they can lean on to take over. However, I wouldn't say the running game isn't there, because it wasn't very long ago when you put over 330 yards rushing against a descent Pike Central defense. Belfry completely shut down your running game, but thats when Kiser and Dalton took over. I think Kiser had around 170 yards passing and Dalton had 130 of them. That's what I was talking about when I said you had players to lean on. Just like the O'Brian kid stepped up against PCC with over 200+ yards on the ground. The running game is essential to having a balanced offense and establishing the running game sets up everything else you do offensively, and I don't think Lawrence has any worries in that regard. Just a week ago you had 150 yards on the ground against an awesome Prestonsburg team, and even if Kiser has most of them it still gives the defense something to think about and will not allow them to overload on one aspect of the offense. It just seems like every time a team shuts down one part of their offense, another player steps up and carries them in another direction. That is what good teams do.
Lawrence County by 14.
Coach Cecil along with all the assistant have done a tremendous job this season. Cecil is a great guy and the consistency that he and his assistants has helped this program. The adjustments that they make in games are admirable as a broadcaster. Yeah this team has three losses on the season but the only game that they lost was Raceland. I feel like they should have and could have won the Belfry and Prestonsburg games, but they didn't. This team is fun to watch, and they have been a pleasure this year. Keep up the good work guys. Take one game at a time.
I'll take the Dawgs 35-7 in this one. The Dawgs simply have too much talent and speed for Magoffin.
Lawrence by 2 scores
Can a MOD combine the two Lawrence @ Magoffin threads please.
Lawrence County 42-14. Just too many weapons and size for the Hornets.
Lawrence County will get the chance next week to prove they should have beat Belfry.
Hearing lc has suspended 3 players for this game wide out dalton, safety Richardson, special teams black. naturally dalton is a playmaker, richardson has started every game and had 3 or 4 interceptions this year gives a new look to this game.
dawg fan Wrote:Hearing lc has suspended 3 players for this game wide out dalton, safety Richardson, special teams black. naturally dalton is a playmaker, richardson has started every game and had 3 or 4 interceptions this year gives a new look to this game.

seriously? **sigh** :flush:
dawg fan Wrote:Hearing lc has suspended 3 players for this game wide out dalton, safety Richardson, special teams black. naturally dalton is a playmaker, richardson has started every game and had 3 or 4 interceptions this year gives a new look to this game.

Is there any truth to this??
Confirmed no dalton, richardson, or black tonight dawgs are going to have to step up, that's a offensive and defensive starter out.
Good luck to the Dawgs!
LC is killing themselves with penalties.
Magoffin 7 LC 0 at the end of 1
come on dawgs!!!!!
TD pass from Keeton to Ables. MC 14 LC 7
Pick 6. MC 21 LC 7. 3:30 left in the half