Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Saddam Calls for Peace in Iraq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FOX News Wrote:Saddam, speaking to the court in the afternoon session, cited references to the Prophet Muhamad and Jesus who had asked for forgiveness for those who had opposed them.

"I call on all Iraqis, Arabs and Kurds, to forgive, reconcile and shake hands," Saddam said after respectfully challenging one witness' testimony.

Could this be the end to major violence in Iraq?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,227837,00.html
IMO is the next year or so it should be fine over there. But if its not then in a year we need to get our troops out of there!
This could be something where he's trying to make people feel sorry for him and let him go. I'd say anything if I was going to be killed. But you never know.
BC75 Wrote:This could be something where he's trying to make people feel sorry for him and let him go. I'd say anything if I was going to be killed. But you never know.

I thought that maybe he was doing it to try to get them to not kill him, but he's gotta know that he has no chance regardless. So, it might have been a respectable move on his part, who knows though, it still doesn't make up for the torture and murdering of his own people.
I don't think anyone knows for sure what is going through his head all the time not even himself so who knows why he said that