Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview 48 South Floud 32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats Fairview
Underestimate South Floyd, just not good defense or what? It was only 40-32 Fairview at one point.
PHSForever Wrote:Underestimate South Floyd, just not good defense or what? It was only 40-32 Fairview at one point.

There's a good chance those boys from Ashland were a little car-sick after travelling up left Beaver...

Confusednicker:
oneijoe Wrote:There's a good chance those boys from Ashland were a little car-sick after travelling up left Beaver...

Confusednicker:

Must've been something. Jeez. We'll say, good effort, Raiders. Survive and advance.
South Floyd is a pretty good team. Don't underestimate them. Pretty respectable showing by the raiders.
School Admin. Wrote:South Floyd is a pretty good team. Don't underestimate them. Pretty respectable showing by the raiders.
No, I'm sorry. They are not. They play hard, I will agree with that. But they are not a good team. Pikeville beat them 43-0 AT South Floyd. I think either Fairview came in overlooking them or their defense is more suspect than people have let on.
Fairview's defense is their weakest link. Which is exactl what Talon, Clint Westwood, and several other FHS posters said concerned them over the course of the offseason. Offensively, Roy is a good QB as long as he can stay upright have enough time. They have 2 good recievers, in Smith and Washington, both are at or around 1,000 yds on the season. Problem is, they have no run game to keep good defenses honest. King helps that, but I heard he went down tonight after getting 19 carries for 91 yds and a TD. Hope he is alright. If they get a running game and better defense next year, they will be a tough out. As for this year, they have more than exceeded my expectations regaurdless of what the score of this game says. But the road for them ends next week in Raceland, I do however, think it will be a better game than the first meeting in Westwood. Rams are just too much better upfront and have the DBs to keep Smith and Washington in check. Good win on the road tonight for the Eagles. Looking foward to another installment of Raceland/Fairview.
Nice for Fairview to get to play in playoffs. Glad that is all behind them.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Fairview's defense is their weakest link. Which is exactl what Talon, Clint Westwood, and several other FHS posters said concerned them over the course of the offseason. Offensively, Roy is a good QB as long as he can stay upright have enough time. They have 2 good recievers, in Smith and Washington, both are at or around 1,000 yds on the season. Problem is, they have no run game to keep good defenses honest. King helps that, but I heard he went down tonight after getting 19 carries for 91 yds and a TD. Hope he is alright. If they get a running game and better defense next year, they will be a tough out. As for this year, they have more than exceeded my expectations regaurdless of what the score of this game says. But the road for them ends next week in Raceland, I do however, think it will be a better game than the first meeting in Westwood. Rams are just too much better upfront and have the DBs to keep Smith and Washington in check. Good win on the road tonight for the Eagles. Looking foward to another installment of Raceland/Fairview.

Well just got word King's comeback was short lived . Broke his ankle in 3 places .
Dang. Hate to hear that.