Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 29 - Middlesboro 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The blackcats rolled through this on.
Congrats to Pburg. They put Jackets out of their misery.
It was a disappointing season for Middlesboro, but this one went pretty much as predicted. Congrats Prestonsburg!
I said before the game I didn't see any way Middlesboro would win. I was right, but I sure didn't see a 22-point margin.

Congrats Blackcats, and good luck against Danville!
Congratulations to Prestonsburg on putting and end to a disappointing season for Middlesboro.
The statement about playing against the refs is a complete joke. You got spanked by a better team. Also Pburg had several personal fouls called tonight that kept Mbori drives alive. Looking forward to next weeks matchup
Congrats to the Blackcats. Keep it rolling!
KY Headhunter Wrote:The statement about playing against the refs is a complete joke. You got spanked by a better team. Also Pburg had several personal fouls called tonight that kept Mbori drives alive. Looking forward to next weeks matchup
Congratulations to your team. But I did hear a lot of bad calls were made. It's hard to play up there. I guess I am having a hard time knowing Middlesboro is better than this. Good luck in your next run.
PHSForever Wrote:29-7, giving up 29 unanswered points? That's not playing the refs that is just straight up getting beat. Give credit where it is due, congratulations to Prestonsburg. Good job, good effort Middlesboro. Maybe next year.
I was told the ref's were very hard on us. Back tracking now. I know Middlesboro is a much better team than what they have played. Sincerely, congratulations Prestonsburg. Do well going forward.
Number One Fan Wrote:I was told the ref's were very hard on us. Back tracking now. I know Middlesboro is a much better team than what they have played. Sincerely, congratulations Prestonsburg. Do well going forward.
Oh I don't have a dog in the fight. Pikeville fan here. Just hate seeing refs blamed every durn time. Lol. No biggie. I saw a couple calls made me shake my head tonight in the Pikeville Nicholas County game. I think it is due to refs from outside the area. Just have a different feel and speed after spending a whole season calling games elsewhere. I'm sure that was what some of it was.
Nice win for the Blackcats!
Hard to blame the refs when you only score 7.
PHSForever Wrote:Oh I don't have a dog in the fight. Pikeville fan here. Just hate seeing refs blamed every durn time. Lol. No biggie. I saw a couple calls made me shake my head tonight in the Pikeville Nicholas County game. I think it is due to refs from outside the area. Just have a different feel and speed after spending a whole season calling games elsewhere. I'm sure that was what some of it was.

Its either that, or it just proves how bad the refs are overall across the state. It use to just be in certain areas, but now its a statewide fiasco. However, for the most part they are pretty terrible on a consistent basis with everyone.
No way you blame this on a Coach last year. It is very silly to say that. The precedent was set by letting kids miss practice and then play.
That is some of the most ignorant stuff I have ever heard blaming this on Frazier. He pulled this program out of the ashes. The mess made now is nothing but Martin. He took away all the respect from Zach with pulling his stunts.

Write this down ZM will be gone before next year. The Jackets will be to lucky to win a game next year. Pineville will beat them.
As it was with the Pburg/Mboro prediction thread, there is already certain members flirting with members identities and shoving personal attacks on this thread.

Let me make this clear one final time. I don't care if you put a persons initials, say what car they drive, or what color there shirt is, if you even flirt with this ideal again, you are gone. Read the rules and get with the program, or we can happily show you the door.

Talk about the game and the game only. We have a zero tolerance for this type of behavior. Anybody seeing such behavior should report it to me or any other mod on the site and it will be dealt with accordingly.

Last warning.

Congratulations Blackcats on a terrific win!
Middlesboro had as good a start in this game as any of their fans could ask. The QB kept on a bootleg and went 60yds on the 2nd or 3rd play. Prestonsburg then has a 3 and out. Middlesboro had the ball in good field position and moved it until a forced fumble. But that was pretty much it for the Yellowjackets...

The Jacket's momentum came unglued after #33 (I think) was ejected for HEAD-BUTTING Frasure as the pile was untangling after a play (plus the 15 yd personal foul). Seriously, if he was trying to get under the skin of the P-burg player, there are much better ways. What he did was FAR too obvious - about everyone saw it...lol.

Prestonsburg got the full MO on a 9 point swing in the 2nd quarter. P-burg blocked a Jacket punt into the endzone for a safety and then marched the ball straight in for 7 more after the ensuing free-kick.

Score at the half: P-burg 22 Middlesboro 7

Prestonsburg scored 7 more on a long drive to start the 2nd half. Prestonsburg went more conservative after that and didn't score again but killed a LOT of time with the ground game. Middlesboro moved the ball in spurts, including one long pass inside the 10, but...were unable to put more points on the board.

Middlesboro lost the ball on fumbles 4 times, I believe. 3 of them were forced by hard tackles, but one later in the game was on a fumbled exchange in the backfield. They also had a pass picked off in the endzone late in the 4th qtr. Prestonsburg lost 1 fumble on an ugly pitch in the 1st half (on a play I've NOT seen P-burg run this year...lol...What WAS that ?).

On to Danville...

:popcorn:
Congratulations Blackcats from 64SUR :notbad:
I can promise you P-burg had more penalty calls against them than the Yellowjackets. The Cats started off slow then controlled the game from the 2nd quarter on. Good win. On to Danville.
hawg laig Wrote:I can promise you P-burg had more penalty calls against them than the Yellowjackets. The Cats started off slow then controlled the game from the 2nd quarter on. Good win. On to Danville.

Yep, true. Though still not 1/2 the yardage they called in Hyden. Confusednicker:

It sure would be nice the players use their heads and keep their mouths SHUT after plays. Yakking at the wrong time can now END A SEASON !!

:Shaking:
Wow, score was more lopsided than I thought it would be. P'burg is still team to beat in region. Way to balanced. M'boro disappointing season, is all that can be said.
I think Middlesboro will be down next year, but I think with some adjustments in coaching and I do think Massengill will be in better control, the Jackets will be fine. Gonna take a lot of hard work and reflection of who they don't want to be anymore. Good luck going forward Prestonsburg, see ya next year!
Congratulations Prestonsburg Blackcats on your impressive victory!!!

Also, great season for the Jackets.

Good luck Seniors........sure hope Prestonsburg can pull out the win next week against Danville!!!!!
oneijoe Wrote:Yep, true. Though still not 1/2 the yardage they called in Hyden. Confusednicker:

It sure would be nice the players use their heads and keep their mouths SHUT after plays. Yakking at the wrong time can now END A SEASON !!

:Shaking:

Thats all they done in hyden was yak.. Thats why so many penalty yards.
Congrats Prestonsburg Blackcats! If everything works out, I hope to see you take another trip to Valley in a couple weeks! Now get focused on Danville!
Good luck from the burg.
After P-burg went up 3 scores after the half, I thought we'd see Middlesboro open up its offense some. They hit one long completion in the second half, but there just weren't many pass attempts. As a matter of fact, in the 4th qtr, there didn't seem to be much hurry-up in getting the ball snapped.

I'd thought Middlesboro had a serviceable passing game from reading the pre-game thread... ?