Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland Rams 2015 Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard a few different things, but was wondering if anyone could confirm or give any insight on who the Rams will be facing next season.

They will be losing atleast 4 games for certain.

1. (2 games in one swoop) Ironton and Coal Grove didnt renew their contracts due to one of then joining the Ohio Valley Conference, one of them is already apart of the conference and both had to make space for a game.

2. Boyd County didnt renew their contracts for reasons I am unaware. Probably the whole "Dont gain anything from losing to a smaller school" issue.

3. Nicholas County will no longer be apart of their district.

From what I have been told/heard here is what the schedule will look like.

these are the definites as of a few weeks ago
Ashland
Fairview(district)
Paintsville(district)
Russell
Lawrence Co

the games i have heard that may happen are:
West Carter
Lucasville-Valley(OH)
Sheldon Clark
Portsmouth East
Johnson Central
Lex Christian
Corbin
Rowan Co
Flemming Co
Wheelersburg

Personally I would love to pick up Valley, Johnson Central, and Corbin, but. i know that is unlikey to happen. But can anyone confirm or deny any of these games or gove any more information on scheduling for next season?

Id like to see us play something like this:

Ashland
West Carter
Lawrence Co
Valley
Fairview
Paintsville
Corbin
Wheelersburg(OH)
Russell
Johnson Central

That gives 2 non district games that we should win and be able to work on things and 6 other non district games that we can win or at the very least be competitive to tell us what we need to work on. Some may say that a schedule like this is too rough, but I think that is what we need to make the next step.
I've heard that they have added Valley and Sheldon Clark to the schedule for next year, not sure about anything else.

Your wish list of a schedule would be a daunting task, with probably anywhere between four to six losses. That's insane.
after looking at it, it may be a bit much. not from a wins/losses vantage point, but it may be hard to keep a school our size healthy playing that many quality big schools. maybe something like this?

Ashland(always a good game playoff atmosphere) w or L
Rowan County(played in the past) W
Russell(playoff atmosphere great rivalry) W or L
West Carter(tune up) W
Valley(great game to pick up) W or L (thy r tough)
Sheldon Clark(tune up/could be a decent game) W
Paintsville(district) W
Fairview(district) W
Corbin/Johnson Central(show us where we stand late in the season) Probably a L
Flemming/Lewis/LCA(all win-able and show us how we have grown from what we learned from Corbin/JC)

i'll take us being 5-5/6-4 and healthy with a schedule that prepares us for the playoffs.
i see where u r coming from though Ramcat. i just think we need to drop the few cupcakes. we dont play enough 4 quarter games and it comes back to bite us alot.
SB I'm just being honest here. JC will hammer you. The rams get nothing out of playing this game..
i know JC would blast us. but they are the only other "local" team that we could benefit from playing imo. we have scheduled West Carter, Valley, Sheldon Clark and Russell to fill the gaps in the schedule. Beechwood offered for us to come up and play in their bowl game at U of C, but it was a 2 year contract away/away and we couldnt make it work with hiw well we do financially playing at Ashland every year. The schedule is an improvement. Especially with what West Carter has in their Frosh/JV classes. Greenup should be better as well .
we got one of the meanigless games (boyd co) out of the way. does neone know what Sheldon Clark will look like next year? Valley will be a tough one. They are better than CG and Ironton both.
It's a little premature for this topic isn't it Scotty? Let's finish this season first before we start worrying about next year.
i was simply curious. not worried about wins or losses.
in no order
West Carter
East Carter
Russell
Ashland
Greenup
Sheldon Clark
Paintsville
Fairview
Lucasville Valley
Lawrence County