Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Convention?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When is the next Kentucky's state convention? Also, I would like to have your support for term limits in the house and senate as I am proposing a constitutional admendment. 3 terms for Senate and 4 terms for the house. If we could get this passed here and then the movement could spread across the states especially with the access as social media. We could really make a strong movement.
tvtimeout Wrote:When is the next Kentucky's state convention? Also, I would like to have your support for term limits in the house and senate as I am proposing a constitutional admendment. 3 terms for Senate and 4 terms for the house. If we could get this passed here and then the movement could spread across the states especially with the access as social media. We could really make a strong movement.

I'm sorry. You're saying that you are about to propose an amendment to the Kentucky Constitution if you can just find out when it is?
Confusednicker:

Im fine with term limits, but its hard to see how that would be better for the senate, when proven leadership and experience is usually key to good senators. I believe that goes for the house as well. If you want term limits, then vote them out. I think as long as people continue to vote the same people in, how can you question term limits?

It would also completely change the landscape of congress. Junior and Senior senator tags would be non existent, and senate majority leaders who are doing VERY well, would have to step down after a couple of years.
Kentucky doesn't have a "state convention".
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Kentucky doesn't have a "state convention".

Confusedhh:
I'd like to see Kentucky turn into a more republic form of government. The house should be voted on by the people to be their lowest level representatives. The senate should be each counties judge-executive. This would give both the local government, and the citizenry equal representation. Why states have senate and house, both elected by the same people... blows my mind.

At the federal level, the senate was appointed by the state government to be its official ambassador to the federal government. Representatives would speak for the people. As Neal Boortz has said time and time again: "The government of Mexico has official representation in Washington. The Government of New Mexico... doesn't."