Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Toughest 3 and 4 seeds in any class??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering whos some underdogs that you would hate to have to play in the first round??
I can think of a few but I dont know a whole lot about some of the teams in the state?? just curious

Dupont Manuel,Somerset,Leslie Co,Madison So,Middlesboro,Bourbon Co,Bardstown,Ballard,Collins,Fairview..

I think all these 3 and 4 seeds have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs..
Fairview has a chance if their line play improves. Raceland beat them with a running clock at the start of the first quarter, AT Fairview and the Eagles will have to go win at South Floyd to get another shot at Raceland. That game would be AT Raceland.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Just wondering whos some underdogs that you would hate to have to play in the first round??
I can think of a few but I dont know a whole lot about some of the teams in the state?? just curious

Dupont Manuel,Somerset,Leslie Co,Madison So,Middlesboro,Bourbon Co,Bardstown,Ballard,Collins,Fairview..

I think all these 3 and 4 seeds have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs..

Well Somerset hasn't won a game, and there's nobody in the world more surprised by that than I am. Madison Southern goes the way Damien Harris goes...understandable. Middlesboro has been bitten by injuries here lately and just had a couple seniors quit the team, so I don't know about these 3.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well Somerset hasn't won a game, and there's nobody in the world more surprised by that than I am. Madison Southern goes the way Damien Harris goes...understandable. Middlesboro has been bitten by injuries here lately and just had a couple seniors quit the team, so I don't know about these 3.

I agree with you Granny...the way this Region shakes out is gonna be wild. I think this Region is as tough as its been, and the KHSAA is beraking us up!!! BOO
Please don't get me started on the KHSAA!!!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Fairview has a chance if their line play improves. Raceland beat them with a running clock at the start of the first quarter, AT Fairview and the Eagles will have to go win at South Floyd to get another shot at Raceland. That game would be AT Raceland.

start of the 3rd quarter. my mistake on the typo!!!
i think somerset has a shot and probably the bottom seed from the super district. (who ever it is) havent paid much attention to 6A this year.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:Just wondering whos some underdogs that you would hate to have to play in the first round??

Isn't Ballard a 1 seed?
Collins for sure is a threat.
Maybe he means Ballard Memorial in 2A
If Bourbon is healthy they are a good team.
3A district 8 and 5A district 7 should have sweeps of opposing districts.
Doss is a very dangerous 3 seed in 4A
Madison Southern, with Harris, has the ability to beat anyone. He can easily take over any game and if their defense can get a few stops then they could possibly win a couple games. It all depends on him though. I've seen teams pack everybody in the box and he still gets over 250+ yards.
I would not want to play Taylor. Just my opinion.
64black&gold Wrote:I would not want to play Taylor. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't either
Taylor. Since the coaching change (Dudley Hilton), Cardinals have been much different. Do not think, at all, the Cards' record would be what it is if Hilton had been there all season. Plus, TC line is huge. Can manhandle many teams in that class.

Wayne. Cards have been playing better lately. Know how to win.

Henry Clay. Very athletic. Good schedule has them prepared.

John Hardin. Bulldogs finally starting to roll. And opposite district ain't that great.
Taylor County. Dudley is all you need to say.
cksportsfan Wrote:Taylor. Since the coaching change (Dudley Hilton), Cardinals have been much different. Do not think, at all, the Cards' record would be what it is if Hilton had been there all season. Plus, TC line is huge. Can manhandle many teams in that class.

Wayne. Cards have been playing better lately. Know how to win.

Henry Clay. Very athletic. Good schedule has them prepared.

John Hardin. Bulldogs finally starting to roll. And opposite district ain't that great.

What most people dont realize is not only does Taylor County have Dudley Hilton, but they have Larry "Cotton" Adams as the assistant.
Harris back makes Madison Southern a different team. They can line up in the wildcat and let him take over.
DuPont Manual
What about Harlan Co (Granny Bear) ? I think they have a shot at a couple of upsets. Especially with the injuries at Pulaski
I think Wayne, Somerset and Bourbon will be tough outs!!
Mason County and Bourbon County in 3A are about as tough as 3 seeds come in this class. Both spent the majority of the season ranked in the top 10.
LClion4life Wrote:Mason County and Bourbon County in 3A are about as tough as 3 seeds come in this class. Both spent the majority of the season ranked in the top 10.

I haven't seen Bourbon but Mason is a tough out for anybody.