Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4A Predictions (NCAA Bracket Style)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't argue with that bracket.
Agree except I take LC over Boyle and leaning on CCH over JC, just not sure what JC has yet!
sstack Wrote:Agree except I take LC over Boyle and leaning on CCH over JC, just not sure what JC has yet!

Not much....

:truestory:
Looks ok with the exception of the region 2 portion of the bracket. Collins will struggle with Western, Spencer will not beat Doss and Doss will beat Fairdale again. N. Oldham could very well be the team to come out of that region. I think people are overlooking the district 4 teams. Those teams play fairly tough non district games. Playing 6A Louisville teams early in the year, win or lose helps battle test those teams. The winner of that region could be any one of those teams. Maybe not Nelson or Waggener.
I know Lexington Catholic beat Boyle during the season, which was their only loss, but it's playoffs, and Lexington Catholic is giving up 26 points a game this year on average. I always like Boyle in any playoff scenerio, and I think if Boyle gets 26 points they'll beat them.
baseball1974 Wrote:I know Lexington Catholic beat Boyle during the season, which was their only loss, but it's playoffs, and Lexington Catholic is giving up 26 points a game this year on average. I always like Boyle in any playoff scenerio, and I think if Boyle gets 26 points they'll beat them.

Got to get by a tough Knox first. 26 pts is a lot to give up a game. Lex Cath might give up that much... but they also score a ton. I understand your theory in the playoff and choosing Boyle Co. One round at a time.
FBfan4life Wrote:Got to get by a tough Knox first. 26 pts is a lot to give up a game. Lex Cath might give up that much... but they also score a ton. I understand your theory in the playoff and choosing Boyle Co. One round at a time.

You're right Knox is a tough matchup, but I thought Lex. Cath played Clay first game? Haha! Just kidding. Boyle has played a little better schedule and Knox almost got beat by a 4-6 Whitley team that only beat Clay by two scores. Boyle is the better team, but anything can happen. Knox does have a good defense though.

Lexington Catholic is putting up close to 33 points a game, I think its like 32.8? So then when you look at Boyle, and they are only giving up 10 points a game, add that to a playoff atmosphere, and I'll take Boyle every time. However, it should be a good game, and defense always plays a huge role in the playoffs.
The top right portion of the bracket will be the craziest part of the bracket in my opinion. You have Lexington catholic, Boyle, Knox, and a pesky bunch in Rockcastle county.
coach4life Wrote:Looks ok with the exception of the region 2 portion of the bracket. Collins will struggle with Western, Spencer will not beat Doss and Doss will beat Fairdale again. N. Oldham could very well be the team to come out of that region. I think people are overlooking the district 4 teams. Those teams play fairly tough non district games. Playing 6A Louisville teams early in the year, win or lose helps battle test those teams. The winner of that region could be any one of those teams. Maybe not Nelson or Waggener.

I think Region 2 is wide open. If you think District 4 will be a tuff out cause of playing those Louisville schools, then you better watch Collins. Non District combined record of teams they played is 43-16 with only one school with losing record and next was 7-3 Ballard. Collins is battle tested. Western non district record 26-23

North Oldham should be the favorite with their Defense and strong running back. Doss has talent and Fairdale has played well against same level of competition. If N. Oldham comes out as region champs, Region 1 will be in for a war.
My final four- Owensboro vs North Oldham, Boyle Co vs Highlands
Champ Game- Owensboro vs Highlands
Champs-Highlands
Curious why the polls and so many on here are so down on Lex Cath and so up on Boyle? Lex Cath has played the better schedule, beat Boyle head to head, and have done nothing in my opionion at the end of the season to drop in polls like they have. Why are so many picking Boyle to beat them in a potential rematch? What has Boyle done that Lex Cath has not to give them the edge in a rematch?
I picked Boyle over Lex Cath on gut, in going with the NCAA theme of my picks. Just seemed like Boyle would be primed to upset Lex Cath after loosing the Head to Head.
sstack Wrote:Curious why the polls and so many on here are so down on Lex Cath and so up on Boyle? Lex Cath has played the better schedule, beat Boyle head to head, and have done nothing in my opionion at the end of the season to drop in polls like they have. Why are so many picking Boyle to beat them in a potential rematch? What has Boyle done that Lex Cath has not to give them the edge in a rematch?

No matter who you're talking about, every team has an off week of football where things don't go their way and the breaks don't go their way. I think that is why their ONLY loss was to Lexington Catholic. Another reason I picked them is Boyle has ice water in their veins during the playoffs. Not only that, but you have to look at defensive output for the playoffs. Lexington Catholic is giving up close to 26 points a game where Boyle is only allowing 10 points a game. Look at the Mercer County game. Lexington Catholic allowed Mercer to put up 28 points against them, and three weeks later Boyle shuts them out 51-0. Both of these teams have a good offense, but Boyle has the better defense and better coaches, which tells me they'll be overly prepared for every game in the playoffs. I think Boyle plays for a state title this year if they can get a few breaks against Highlands.
baseball1974 Wrote:No matter who you're talking about, every team has an off week of football where things don't go their way and the breaks don't go their way. I think that is why their ONLY loss was to Lexington Catholic. Another reason I picked them is Boyle has ice water in their veins during the playoffs. Not only that, but you have to look at defensive output for the playoffs. Lexington Catholic is giving up close to 26 points a game where Boyle is only allowing 10 points a game. Look at the Mercer County game. Lexington Catholic allowed Mercer to put up 28 points against them, and three weeks later Boyle shuts them out 51-0. Both of these teams have a good offense, but Boyle has the better defense and better coaches, which tells me they'll be overly prepared for every game in the playoffs. I think Boyle plays for a state title this year if they can get a few breaks against Highlands.

But did the 28 pts Lex Cath gave up to Mercer come against the starters?
Boyle does not get by Highlands because of their offense, HHS will score on Boyle and they do not have the offense to keep up with the points HHS puts up. Many are going to be surprised at how good HHS is this year if you are just going by the talk on here about how they are having a down year. No way Boyle's D line is as good as Elder's, and HHS was able to put up some big numbers on them.
I still like Lex Cath until Boyle proves me wrong on the field.
OK! I'll buy into Boyle Co defense is stout vs the run and ready for a rematch... Is it fair to say, does Boyle Co. have enough players to guard 4-5 wideouts? If Lex Catholic stretches the field, do you have enough tacklers in the box to stop Jalen Jones? What I'm getting at is that game will not occur for another 3 weeks, Lex Cath has to deal with Clay and a tough Rockcastle and Boyle with Russell Co and from what I have heard, Knox is a very good team.
4A
You're assuming Knox beats Taylor. They should but you better be careful with Hilton down there. Lex Cath beat Taylor 13-8.
sstack Wrote:Agree except I take LC over Boyle and leaning on CCH over JC, just not sure what JC has yet!

I'm not sure Lexington Catholic can beat Boyle for the 2nd time.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:[Image: 4a.png]

looks about right.
sstack Wrote:Curious why the polls and so many on here are so down on Lex Cath and so up on Boyle? Lex Cath has played the better schedule, beat Boyle head to head, and have done nothing in my opionion at the end of the season to drop in polls like they have. Why are so many picking Boyle to beat them in a potential rematch? What has Boyle done that Lex Cath has not to give them the edge in a rematch?

probably because of their coach Chuck Smith and his history in the playoffs.
sstack Wrote:But did the 28 pts Lex Cath gave up to Mercer come against the starters?
Boyle does not get by Highlands because of their offense, HHS will score on Boyle and they do not have the offense to keep up with the points HHS puts up. Many are going to be surprised at how good HHS is this year if you are just going by the talk on here about how they are having a down year. No way Boyle's D line is as good as Elder's, and HHS was able to put up some big numbers on them.
I still like Lex Cath until Boyle proves me wrong on the field.

Highlands is expected to win the championship every year,but I'm not sold on the Lexington Catholic team.
Who gets the home field in Round 3 Highlands or JC (if they beat CC)?
If knox gets past Taylor, who is not a team not to sleep on, then they play Boyle, barring an upset. If Knox gets past Boyle, and that's a big if, then they play Lexington catholic, who has an easy route to the regional championship game. Clay is bad and then they play the winner of Marion and Rock. The problem knox faces is not lack of talent or discipline. The problem becomes health and depth. They might have 50 players. 25 play varsity minutes, at most. Teams like highlands, JC and Lexington catholic (not sure how many players Boyle has) can easily platoon players. Knox doesn't have that Privledge.
Notable teams from the east/west:

West
Owensboro
Warren East
Madisonville NH
Franklin-Simpson
North Oldham

Winner from the west:Owensboro

East
Lexington Catholic
Boyle
Knox
Highlands
Ashland blazer
Cov cath
JC

Winner from the East: my head tells me Highlands but my heart tells me anyone but them.

Would love to see someone from the west win the title this year!
Pantherfan59 Wrote:If knox gets past Taylor, who is not a team not to sleep on, then they play Boyle, barring an upset. If Knox gets past Boyle, and that's a big if, then they play Lexington catholic, who has an easy route to the regional championship game. Clay is bad and then they play the winner of Marion and Rock. The problem knox faces is not lack of talent or discipline. The problem becomes health and depth. They might have 50 players. 25 play varsity minutes, at most. Teams like highlands, JC and Lexington catholic (not sure how many players Boyle has) can easily platoon players. Knox doesn't have that Privledge.

lack of depth will probably prevent them from making a deep run in the playoffs.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Who gets the home field in Round 3 Highlands or JC (if they beat CC)?

JC has home field all the way to Bowling Green as long as they win. Which I will admit will be extremely tough. Cov. Cath. is a very athletic team that will be dangerous and Highlands is Highlands. By far the best team in 4A, and maybe the best team in the entire state. I have watched them play and they are really good and the scheme they run puts their athletes at an advantage over just about all teams in Kentucky.
Took a couple of lumps in the section of the browser that worried me
Highlands will most likely be the champs again. I think there opponent will either be owensboro, or madisonville.