Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin County Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a fan and parent of children in the Magoffin County School System, I would like to take a moment and congratulate Coach Chester McCoy and his Coaching Staff on what I call a successful year. They finished 3-7 which is not a great record, but based on what these kids had been through (or not been through) for the last 18 months, I think they did a yeomans job of getting these kids prepared to play good football by the end of the year. They played the socks off an 8-1 Sheldon Clark team for 3 1/2 quarters. The improvement of this team as the year went on was so evident it was scary. Now with word that they are starting their off-season work outs next week I am excited to see the gains these young boys make over a period of 9 months. Thanks Coach McCoy and Staff for a great year and good luck this off-season.
Hopefully the boys in Magoffin Co. can turn the program around next year and have a better record than what they finished with this year
They improved alot since we (Jenkins)scrimmaged them, we bet them 18-0 but they seemed to have gotten alot better an I think they could have gave us a good game
Nice post.
Coach McCoy has brought this team a long way, Good job guys.
He is a class act for sure!
i was pretty proud of maggoffin this year..i look for them to be pretty good next year
Did they lose alot of seniors?

This coach was indeed a class act, GOOD LUCK HORNETS!
This will be a really good team in 2 years. Good luck Coach Mccoy and Hornets.
I think Magoffin Co just needs real leadership. Maybe McCoy can get the job done.

This is only the beginning. Success starts with adversity. I wish these young men the best. I want nothing more than to drive through Salyersville next year with banners and support displayed all over the 2 mile stretch of US 23.

It take geniousess IMO. When Salyersville gives it, the team will respond. I think McCoy is on the right track.

GO HORNETS!
LovetheBucs Wrote:I think Magoffin Co just needs real leadership. Maybe McCoy can get the job done.

This is only the beginning. Success starts with adversity. I wish these young men the best. I want nothing more than to drive through Salyersville next year with banners and support displayed all over the 2 mile stretch of US 23.

It take geniousess IMO. When Salyersville gives it, the team will respond. I think McCoy is on the right track.

GO HORNETS!
I wasn't aware that US 23 ran through Salyersville.
hopefully they will have a better season next year
They will have a better season next year!
Good luck to the hornets next year!
I know Coach McCoy can kill a softball, lol! Played against him when I played a tourney for the Hired Gunz, lol....