Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Teams in the playoffs with NO district wins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
johnnyd Wrote:Please God let a 4 seed win so everyone will shut up.

There are 4 seeds that have district wins......
I was on a 4th seed team one year in the 4 Class system an we had only won one district game in a 6 team district that year. This was when you had to actually win to go to the playoffs. We lost our last game of the season which was also a district game and everyone was ready to pack it up and call it a season. Just as the seniors were getting ready to give their final senior speeches the coach walks in and tells is that we made the playoffs because the district team we had beaten won against another district team beat us thus putting us in the playoffs. The coach told us that we would be playing against Newport Central Catholic who would eventually become the state runner up that year. I cannot explain the sense of dread that was in that locker room because no one wanted another game after the terrible season that we had and we all know that we were going to get crushed in the playoff game. This attitude was also shared by the seniors who got one more week to play.

For those of you who say it is for the players to get to enjoy playing one more game I can tell you from first hand experience that there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about having to play a game that you have no chance of winning especially when you were ready to call it a season in the first place.
I would like to see the format returned to District > Region > State 4 teams getting in would make more sense if the District Playoffs (Round 1 and 2) where spent playing your District.
Consolidation sucks!!!!!!

Its happened a bunch.
Come on Boyd County L.I.O.N.S beat those bluebirds.
T-CATS Wrote:Come on Boyd County L.I.O.N.S beat those bluebirds.

Ok, as much as I would like to see that happen, and I would die from laughing if it did, this game will be running clock about 2 minutes into the game. It's not bad enough that it's a HUGE mismatch, but Boyd will be playing without Thovsen, Caudill and the QB Isaacs (got ejected on a BOGUS play at Tulsia, WV)...one of their RB's will be playing QB.....and his backup will be a freshman....I just pray that Boyd holds FTH under 100 and doesn't get anyone hurt....and yes, I'm going - any excuse to leave work early and go out to eat at Newport on the Levy
....and I know TCats post was sarcasm - I did enjoy a chuckle...Basketball season finally!

I feel like that is a definite possiblity this year for several teams. I'm not going to lie; I'd love to see Phelps and Jenkins pull of a W in the 1st round.:insane::Shaking:
Wildcat1 Wrote:....and I know TCats post was sarcasm - I did enjoy a chuckle...Basketball season finally!
I'm not sure if Boyd and Ashland went together we could beat them. LOL. Good Luck and enjoy your dinner not sure the game will be much fun.
Pages: 1 2