Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain fan bases stick together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I would like all the Eastern Ky. fan base to pledge support of Eastern Ky. teams. I want for my Yellow Jackets to win this thing more than any thing I can think of. If they loose I can find as many reasons as any one else why. I may get mad and upset over something the other team did however I am A MOUNTAIN MAN that is where my roots are and that is who I am for. I want to be the first one to pledge my 100% support for any Mountain team in any class to win it all.
Scotty I pulled your chain but I want you to know that I was for Raceland all the way. You lost to A hell of A good football team. You really can't gage your Rams on that game.
Amen. Preach.
Southern KY fan here :Cheerlead
Do they even have football down there?:lmao:
Mountain teams have a legitimate chance to win 4 out of 5 possible state championships. We need a 6A mountain team.
I wish.
MountainSports Wrote:Mountain teams have a legitimate chance to win 4 out of 5 possible state championships. We need a 6A mountain team.

Pike county central combine with belfry pikeville shelby valley and east ridge and we may have it lol
MountainSports Wrote:Mountain teams have a legitimate chance to win 4 out of 5 possible state championships. We need a 6A mountain team.

North Laurel pretty much has the numbers to be one now. If im not mistaken, they should be 6A but are left in 5A because of geography.
South Laurel isn't far behind.

Actually, I just checked. North Laurel definitely has 6A numbers, and South is teetering on the edge.
topnotch Wrote:I would like all the Eastern Ky. fan base to pledge support of Eastern Ky. teams. I want for my Yellow Jackets to win this thing more than any thing I can think of. If they loose I can find as many reasons as any one else why. I may get mad and upset over something the other team did however I am A MOUNTAIN MAN that is where my roots are and that is who I am for. I want to be the first one to pledge my 100% support for any Mountain team in any class to win it all.
Scotty I pulled your chain but I want you to know that I was for Raceland all the way. You lost to A hell of A good football team. You really can't gage your Rams on that game.

Here's to hoping we being home some serious hardware to the east!! Im pulling for which ever eastern reps make it to BG.
Crossbones Wrote:Do they even have football down there?:lmao:

Other than that West Virginia team and the team that "cant beat those NKY schools", I don't know any other EKY schools that play the game :hilarious:
Just add Phelps too and that school would have a enrollment of over 4000 kids.
Call it Pike county high school and have Haywood as the coach.
1A could see Wburg or Pikeville play Mayfield. Probably a loss, but not out of the question.
2A is looking like CAL, Desales, or Caldwell. Little hope there.
3A will b Belfry vs. Somebody. Hopefully Corbin or Bell. Best chance for a title here.
4A is all Highlands
5A is all Bowling Green
6A doesn't matter

I say we get one with 3A. Could be an all EKY final.
Big Easy & the "B" Boys, will be pulling for all the EKY Teams playing in the playoff's & encourage everyone to get out and support these kids that are playing a GREAT sport in a GREAT area of our State! GO EKY TEAMS!! :yes:
Although I don't live in that area any more I still follow Mountian Football. I try and catch a couple of games a year to watch my Dawg Family but I always pull for the EKY teams. Good luck to all of them in the play-offs
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:North Laurel pretty much has the numbers to be one now. If im not mistaken, they should be 6A but are left in 5A because of geography.
South Laurel isn't far behind.

Actually, I just checked. North Laurel definitely has 6A numbers, and South is teetering on the edge.

Keep hearing rumblings from London that there will be another high school built there in the very near future. :welcome:
MountainSports Wrote:Just add Phelps too and that school would have a enrollment of over 4000 kids.
Call it Pike county high school and have Haywood as the coach.

More like 3000

Pike Central-680
Belfry-647
Pikeville-368
Shelby Valley-563
East Ridge- 545
Phelps-213

Total- 3016

A lot of schools would be much better if they combined and would be powerhouses assuming everything went well. For comparison, check these out.

Pulaski County

Somerset-509
Pulaski County- 1087
Southwestern-1220

Total- 2816

Laurel County

South Laurel- 1240
North Laurel- 1374

Total- 2614

It would be interesting to say the least.
I would expect with the decline of coal, Pulaski and laurel county will gain population while the schools in Pikeville lose population.
Tight End Wrote:Keep hearing rumblings from London that there will be another high school built there in the very near future. :welcome:

Ive been hearing that my entire life.
A couple of years ago, I thought there was a legitimate shot for a West Laurel.
Never happened, and im under the assumption there is no plans for it going forward. There was once a bunch of high school in Laurel until they consolidated into Laurel County High, only to be split into the two you have today. There definitely getting over populated im sure.
Ive never understood why there wasn't a London Independent that started up at some point in history.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Other than that West Virginia team and the team that "cant beat those NKY schools", I don't know any other EKY schools that play the game :hilarious:

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:More like 3000

Pike Central-680
Belfry-647
Pikeville-368
Shelby Valley-563
East Ridge- 545
Phelps-213

Total- 3016

A lot of schools would be much better if they combined and would be powerhouses assuming everything went well. For comparison, check these out.

Pulaski County

Somerset-509
Pulaski County- 1087
Southwestern-1220

Total- 2816

Laurel County

South Laurel- 1240
North Laurel- 1374

Total- 2614

It would be interesting to say the least.
I would expect with the decline of coal, Pulaski and laurel county will gain population while the schools in Pikeville lose population.

Don't kid yourself gut. Pikeville Independent will NEVER consolidate with any county school; too sound to do that. Btw, Pikeville's economy is more diversified, and not totally dependent upon the coal industry. Might as well take Pikeville out of your fantasy equation.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive been hearing that my entire life.
A couple of years ago, I thought there was a legitimate shot for a West Laurel.
Never happened, and im under the assumption there is no plans for it going forward. There was once a bunch of high school in Laurel until they consolidated into Laurel County High, only to be split into the two you have today. There definitely getting over populated im sure.
Ive never understood why there wasn't a London Independent that started up at some point in history.

There was a London high school at one time along with lily hazel green and bush they are the 4 schools that combined in 1970 to form laurel county height school.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Other than that West Virginia team and the team that "cant beat those NKY schools", I don't know any other EKY schools that play the game :hilarious:

That was a compliment! You said we could play ball. I don't care where the players come from, as long as we winning! :biggrin: Maybe the South Ky teams should get a few players from Tenn. :thatsfunn

At least you admit it! :thatsfunn:hilarious:
Crossbones Wrote:That was a compliment! You said we could play ball. I don't care where the players come from, as long as we winning! :biggrin: Maybe the South Ky teams should get a few players from Tenn. :thatsfunn

I agree on Tennessee
topnotch Wrote:I would like all the Eastern Ky. fan base to pledge support of Eastern Ky. teams. I want for my Yellow Jackets to win this thing more than any thing I can think of. If they loose I can find as many reasons as any one else why. I may get mad and upset over something the other team did however I am A MOUNTAIN MAN that is where my roots are and that is who I am for. I want to be the first one to pledge my 100% support for any Mountain team in any class to win it all.

You mean you are not one of them there *cough *cough that sneaked in here when JC was playing the one team down *cough south *cough of the border?
I'm just messing with you and I agree 111% Confusednicker:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Don't kid yourself gut. Pikeville Independent will NEVER consolidate with any county school; too sound to do that. Btw, Pikeville's economy is more diversified, and not totally dependent upon the coal industry. Might as well take Pikeville out of your fantasy equation.

Pikeville's economy is very diverse compared to the other major coal producing counties but the economy of Pike County as a whole is still very much tied into coal. Pikeville has established itself as a banking center for Eastern Kentucky but those banks along with many businesses in Pike County owe their existence to coal. Pikeville will be fine, but as the coal industry continues to decline Pike County will feel the effects, Gut was right about that.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Don't kid yourself gut. Pikeville Independent will NEVER consolidate with any county school; too sound to do that. Btw, Pikeville's economy is more diversified, and not totally dependent upon the coal industry. Might as well take Pikeville out of your fantasy equation.

lol, what are you talking about?
Its not my "fantasy" to see these schools consolidated.

I have a lot of fantasies. NONE of them contain Pike County in any way, shape, or form. I was simply replying to a previous posters comment on what the numbers would look like if all of the schools consolidated.

But please, continue on with your rant. Its entertaining.
RoShamBo Wrote:Pikeville's economy is very diverse compared to the other major coal producing counties but the economy of Pike County as a whole is still very much tied into coal. Pikeville has established itself as a banking center for Eastern Kentucky but those banks along with many businesses in Pike County owe their existence to coal. Pikeville will be fine, but as the coal industry continues to decline Pike County will feel the effects, Gut was right about that.

That is true. I think there about to get a big dose of it now that TECO has sold out.
Premier Elkhorn does a lot for Pike County in the form of money.

This has always been my view. I literally HATE some of our mountain team the week that we play them, but have always supported them when they play out of area. At the first of the season, Gut started a thread about bold predictions, and I predicted an all mountain representation at BG. Maybe one day that will happen. Until then, I definitely support all mountain teams!!

You just had to throw that in there, didn't you????
Granny Bear Wrote:This has always been my view. I literally HATE some of our mountain team the week that we play them, but have always supported them when they play out of area. At the first of the season, Gut started a thread about bold predictions, and I predicted an all mountain representation at BG. Maybe one day that will happen. Until then, I definitely support all mountain teams!!

You just had to throw that in there, didn't you????

I'm so glad to hear that you support my team :welcome:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, what are you talking about?
Its not my "fantasy" to see these schools consolidated.

I have a lot of fantasies. NONE of them contain Pike County in any way, shape, or form. I was simply replying to a previous posters comment on what the numbers would look like if all of the schools consolidated.

But please, continue on with your rant. Its entertaining.

Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2 3 4