Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NCC chances in the playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NCC ended the season with a loss to Beechwood. Although they showed signs of being able to compete, I wanted to hear what others of this site still think of them and the east bracket. NCC plays Trimble Co this week at Holmes because Newport's field is not available since they too are in the playoff's. My take...defensively NCC is still soft on the edge with questionable play in the secondary. The ends are getting washed down inside and are unable to maintain the c gap while the lb's are not quick enough to stretch the play. I wonder why a 2 safety set can still be beaten for the long ball? Offensively....it's going to boil down to how well the QB can understand his progression in the passing game and get rid of the ball. Against BW the QB had a tendency to throw the ball to a reciever who hadn't played much towards the last part of the season, why? If its the play calling that is facilitating this then that should be changed. Ride your main horses not a mule. Although the QB is a soph its the end of the season and he is no longer a "rookie". The running game has gotten better but still needs improvement especially maintaining their blocks of the edge. They have the backs to get outside but are inconsistent blocking the edge.
Im uncertain. 2A East is weak. I wont be shocked if Walton-Verona, Prestonsburg, or even Leslie Co come out of the east. With Newport being down, the east is wide open.
With NEWCATH.
NCC is NCC I want be surprised to see them in Semi-Finals. Who is there with them just pick one and hope they get hot.
NCC, Newport and Walton-Verona going to be a dog fight up north....I would like to see Newport win because they gave 1A Williamsburg a good game.. Now down east in 2A I would love to see Leslie county win if they can get pass LCA . .....Another words the east is wide open for anybody. Even 0-10 somerset :popcorn:
2A in the east is very even. Any one of 10 or 11 teams could come out of it.
the two best teams in 2A are in the west. Desalles and CAL. Much like the two best teams were in the east back in 2012 when ncc beat somerset @ somerset. Caldwell has a great qb, but once hes gone, they are back to being irrelevant.
I think OB Cath, Murray, Bardstown and Caldwell are also better than anyone else on the east side..
maybe, the east is down this year. 2010, ncc 42-0 over ob cath, lol. two best teams in 2011 were in the east, ncc and holy cross. in 2012, two best teams were in the east, ncc and somerset. clearly the best team last year was desalles. anyone else, ncc would have beat in the title game out of the west.