Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Senate 2014 Pick'em
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are no prizes at stake here, just bragging rights. Below is a list of states having what are deemed by experts to be the most competitive Senate campaigns this year. Pick the winners, count them, and then prepare to crow about your predictions or eat crow late Tuesday night or Wednesday. Good luck.

South Dakota
Kentucky
Arkansas
Louisiana
Colorado
Alaska
Iowa
Georgia
Kansas
North Carolina
New Hampshire
Michigan
Virginia
New Mexico
R-South Dakota
R-Kentucky
R-Arkansas
R-Louisiana
R-Colorado
R-Alaska
R-Iowa
R-Georgia
I-Kansas (candidate who is ashamed to admit that he is a Democrat wins)
D-North Carolina
D-New Hampshire
D-Michigan
D-Virginia
D-New Mexico
South Dakota-R
Kentucky-R
Arkansas-R
Louisiana-Run off/Ending Republican
Colorado-R
Alaska-R
Iowa-R
Georgia-D
Kansas-R
North Carolina-D
New Hampshire-D
Michigan-D
Virginia-D
New Mexico-D
I forgot to mention the runoff in LA. I think Landrieu will win on Tuesday and then lose the runoff by a wide margin.
The way I got it figured, every single race is already decided except for the ones below.
While I think Repubs have a good shot at getting the majority of these, which is what they'll need, I think anything is possible.

Arkansas-No reason Cotton shouldn't win. Pryor has been lagging behind him the entire time. I see this going Republican unless a major meltdown at the polls happen, or Dem turnout is crazy good in Arkansas, which I don't see happening.

Louisiana- As Smokey said, this will most likely be a Landrieu win Tuesday, but it will definitely go to a run off in either case. With the two candidates going head to head in front of a national stage in January, expect the Republican to come out ahead. Can you imagine if this state determines whether or not who gets control of the senate? There will be more money spent on that race these next two months than many campaigns combined.

Colorado- I think Gardner wins, but I wouldn't count out Udall just yet. The potheads may come out in full force as is usually the case with Colorado. I expect Gardner to eek one out, but wouldn't be surprised if Udall wins.

New Hampshire- If Shaheen loses to the shady Brown, then you'll know just how bad its gotten for dems. I didn't even expect this one to be close, but you have to give Brown one thing, hes definitely ran a good campaign. If this one goes red, ball game over.

Iowa- I like Ernst in this one, but as the polls have showed, its a dead heat. "Bailey" as Michelle puts it has had everyone but Barry himself come to Iowa. Honestly a toss up in this one, but I think Ernst has a slight advantage.

Georgia- I really think the dems steal this one and Nunn gets elected. Just a feeling.

Kansas-The Indocrat has been scaring the Repubs in this one for months now, but Orman is just a wolf in sheeps clothing and I think voters have realized this as the repubs have took back the lead in the polls, but don't be surprised if it happens. I think this state is critical to just how much of a majority the repubs will get.
Ernst has pulled out to a 7 point lead in Iowa. She leads in the latest Iowa poll 51-44, with only 4 percent undecided.

I agree that Georgia looks like a toss-up. but it looks like Republicans are gaining a lot of momentum across the country over the past few days. Ed Gillespie has even pulled to within 7 points of Mark Warner in Virginia.

If Democratic scare tactics don't work out, I could see Republicans controlling as many as 53 seats when the dust settles and it looks like 51 seats are all but locked up.

I even saw Allen Dershowitz appear as a guest on Fox News Red Eye this week and he was making fun of Obama's foreign policy. That has to be some kind of omen.
^
Your other account has been reinstated.
This one has been suspended.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Your other account has been reinstated.
This one has been suspended.
Thank you. It's great to be back.
Obama cares wins it for Grimes in Kentucky Confusederiously: best kept secret in the nation's.
64SUR Wrote:Obama cares wins it for Grimes in Kentucky Confusederiously: best kept secret in the nation's.

You mean like the Indian nations? Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Thank you. It's great to be back.

Hey there. Long time no post back and forth. Glad you're back.
You guys better live it up in your 2 years in power. There will be EOs and vetoes aplenty. There are 22 vulnerable republican seats in 16, and you know what happens in Presidential election years. With Hillary running, liberals will be out in droves, and you guys are predicted to lose the senate back to us. I wouldn't get too cocky, in midterms the opposite party usually takes over the senate, and sometimes the house, just like when your guys were in the big seat.
TheRealVille Wrote:You guys better live it up in your 2 years in power. There will be EOs and vetoes aplenty. There are 22 vulnerable republican seats in 16, and you know what happens in Presidential election years. With Hillary running, liberals will be out in droves, and you guys are predicted to lose the senate back to us. I wouldn't get too cocky, in midterms the opposite party usually takes over the senate, and sometimes the house, just like when your guys were in the big seat.
It's a little early for a bitter concession speech, isn't it?

Hillary ius already playing to audiences in small, half empty high school gyms. I would not be counting on her coat tails doing much for the Democrats in 2016. Obama still has two more years continue to alienate the American electorate and to remind us that his policies are on the ballot.
TheRealVille Wrote:You guys better live it up in your 2 years in power. There will be EOs and vetoes aplenty. There are 22 vulnerable republican seats in 16, and you know what happens in Presidential election years. With Hillary running, liberals will be out in droves, and you guys are predicted to lose the senate back to us. I wouldn't get too cocky, in midterms the opposite party usually takes over the senate, and sometimes the house, just like when your guys were in the big seat.

Maybe that's what all this is about or, maybe it's about policies that alienate and exploit folks who work and contribute to this country in favor of those who don't and won't. Unlike the true believers, most folks will stop short of offering up their last drop of blood for the liberal cause.

PS the secret is out, the people know about the 38 million blank green cards that have been ordered.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-p...e=b3glk1fr
TheRealThing Wrote:Maybe that's what all this is about or, maybe it's about policies that alienate and exploit folks who work and contribute to this country in favor of those who don't and won't. Unlike the true believers, most folks will stop short of offering up their last drop of blood for the liberal cause.

PS the secret is out, the people know about the 38 million blank green cards that have been ordered.
The day that he grants amnesty to the illegal invaders with an executive order will be the beginning of the end for Democrats' hopes of retaining the White House in 2016. Any hopes that Obama has of portraying Republicans as obstructionists should go out the window when Republicans take over next year. Whatever Harry Reid fails to block with a filibuster, Obama will be forced to veto. If McConnell has the guts to play the nuclear option, the Obama will become President Veto well before the 2016 election. I just hope Republicans have the guts to be as ruthless to Obama has he and Reid have been to them.

I cant disagree with that logic. As you said, two years in power where the veto pen will have to be refueled every other hour. It will keep Obama busy though. His last two years will have to be the biggest hardship hes had to face, especially with the different world crisis going on right now.

My only question is, do republicans exploit him for not being partisan, and does it cost the dems dearly, or does it stay directly pointed at Obama, and the rest of the dems get a free pass, which hasn't been the case for this election.
Im really not up to date the laws concerning amnesty.
Can Obama actually present an executive action to allow amnesty for illegals?

I don't see how that would be a good thing in any shape or form.
Its almost to the point where we need to completely shut down the borders, even for transportation unless its company vehicles carrying goods that must be inspected.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im really not up to date the laws concerning amnesty.
Can Obama actually present an executive action to allow amnesty for illegals?

I don't see how that would be a good thing in any shape or form.
Its almost to the point where we need to completely shut down the borders, even for transportation unless its company vehicles carrying goods that must be inspected.

Not under the conventional interpretation of his executive authority. But, he has rolled right over the objections of Congress on other matters and so, the fear is that he will do it via XO anyway. He does not believe Republicans are brave enough to impeach him and should they choose the legal option, court machinations could easily go on for two years. Therefore, he would be long gone from office before anything of substance came to fruition. He might be a miserable failure on foreign policy but, here at home he has been a juggernaut.

His legacy of advancing the liberal agenda here at home has been his strong suit. Seeding to date 280 federal (liberal) judges, all lifetime appointments, assures the erosive affects of his 'vision' will haunt conservative America long after colleges have stopped paying him a quarter mil to deliver speeches.
^
Would it be necessarily harder for Obama to push the executive orders with a strong Republican senate? Seems it would blow up the media.
And, BTW, new polls out today are showing republicans pulling away in the final days.

Ernst is now leading by 7 or 8 points in some polls in Iowa. The state Harry Reid called a must win to keep Mitch McConnell from taking over Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Would it be necessarily harder for Obama to push the executive orders with a strong Republican senate? Seems it would blow up the media.

Yeah you'd think so but then the media has been quiet as a church mouse regarding Harry Reid's obstruction.
First nine, Republican. Last five, Democrat.

If Clueless Barbie somehow beats McConnell, I will immediately change my legal domicile to North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
R - Arkansas
R - Louisiana (after runoff)
R - Alaska
R - Iowa
R - Georgia (after runoff)
R - North Carolina
D - Michigan
D - Kansas (yes, it's an independent..but still a gain for the dems)
D - Virginia
D - New Mexico
D - New Hampshire
D - Colorado
D - Kentucky

I want to be wrong. I badly want to be wrong. There are a couple of states I just can't see voting Republican now and I could see Grimes pulling a massive upset.

Your post sounds like a concession speech.
WideRight05 Wrote:R - Arkansas
R - Louisiana (after runoff)
R - Alaska
R - Iowa
R - Georgia (after runoff)
R - North Carolina
D - Michigan
D - Kansas (yes, it's an independent..but still a gain for the dems)
D - Virginia
D - New Mexico
D - New Hampshire
D - Colorado
D - Kentucky

I want to be wrong. I badly want to be wrong. There are a couple of states I just can't see voting Republican now and I could see Grimes pulling a massive upset.

Reverse psychology? Confusednicker:

Even the liberal polls have McConnell up 8-10 points.
I made my predictions above predicting that the Republicans would eventually gain control of the US Senate. However, this election will be no mandate for Republicans. All the cards were overwhelmingly stacked in their favor. Nonetheless, they ran probably the most pitiful race in history. If they do win, it won't be by much whereas it should have been by a massive margin.

The Republicans offered nothing but opposition to the incompetent in the White House. That should be enough but it sure doesn't indicate that they have any program or goals for the next two years.

The fool Cruz says that they will immediately start investigations. The nut Tony Perkins says that impeachment is in the forefront. Is this all we have to offer? If so, 2016 will be a bloodbath in which Democrats win the presidency, take back the senate, and may well take back the house.

Wake up Republicans. Stick to your basic beliefs but do something. And don't be controlled by the crazies.
^
Ted Cruz is as crazy as Pelosi. Texas sure can pick em.
Cruz is the only Republican who I could vote for in 2016 and not feel like I am voting for the lesser of two evils. He may be the smartest man in Washington. He will definitely be the smartest in the Senate.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I made my predictions above predicting that the Republicans would eventually gain control of the US Senate. However, this election will be no mandate for Republicans. All the cards were overwhelmingly stacked in their favor. Nonetheless, they ran probably the most pitiful race in history. If they do win, it won't be by much whereas it should have been by a massive margin.

The Republicans offered nothing but opposition to the incompetent in the White House. That should be enough but it sure doesn't indicate that they have any program or goals for the next two years.

The fool Cruz says that they will immediately start investigations. The nut Tony Perkins says that impeachment is in the forefront. Is this all we have to offer? If so, 2016 will be a bloodbath in which Democrats win the presidency, take back the senate, and may well take back the house.

Wake up Republicans. Stick to your basic beliefs but do something. And don't be controlled by the crazies.

I agree. If one knows he is not going to be able to get along with an opponent anyway, in my book, the best strategy is to hold nothing back. Republicans are guilty of the worst kind of fence riding. They're scared to death of the media who admittedly, take them to task at every last opportunity. The problem is rather than stand up to them, they shrink back in timid, mealy mouthed ambiguity. Whereas Dems proudly stand and declare their affinity for gay and abortion rights legislation. (Something every rational citizen knows to be wrong on it's face) When they (Dems) are confronted by endless challenges from the press and others to their failed policy, they just double down. That tactic just makes thinking folks more indignant, but it works for the low information voters on which they hang their political fortunes.

Time for America to take control of this land back from the hand-out culture which has her by the throat. Yes, Republicans in telling the truth will alienate the free riders but, how is that in any way different from the alienation foisted upon them by Dems and complicit media? You're very right Harry Rex, it's time for Republicans to quit vacillating, and leading with their chin. Instead to again call a spade a spade.
TheRealThing Wrote:I agree. If one knows he is not going to be able to get along with an opponent anyway, in my book, the best strategy is to hold nothing back. Republicans are guilty of the worst kind of fence riding. They're scared to death of the media who admittedly, take them to task at every last opportunity. The problem is rather than stand up to them, they shrink back in timid, mealy mouthed ambiguity. Whereas Dems proudly stand and declare their affinity for gay and abortion rights legislation. (Something every rational citizen knows to be wrong on it's face) When they (Dems) are confronted by endless challenges from the press and others to their failed policy, they just double down. That tactic just makes thinking folks more indignant, but it works for the low information voters on which they hang their political fortunes.

Time for America to take control of this land back from the hand-out culture which has her by the throat. Yes, Republicans in telling the truth will alienate the free riders but, how is that in any way different from the alienation foisted upon them by Dems and complicit media? You're very right Harry Rex, it's time for Republicans to quit vacillating, and leading with their chin. Instead to again call a spade a spade.

Indeed, it is long past time for conservatives to call a spade a spade.
Pages: 1 2