Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Team to NOT Make the Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is it in your opinion? I think Lewis County has a good argument. Record finishes at 5-5 and they just beat the champion from 3A District 7, Magoffin County, 33-0.
LClion4life Wrote:Who is it in your opinion? I think Lewis County has a good argument. Record finishes at 5-5 and they just beat the champion from 3A District 7, Magoffin County, 33-0.

some of the teams in the playoffs shouldn't even be there.
Obviously 3A District 7 is really weak this year. District 8 sweep ??

Confusedhh:
the whole state is weak this year Confusednicker:
No disrespect intended but if a team manages to miss a playoffs in a system that is designed to put almost every team in in the state the playoffs then they probably aren't that good.
Orange Blaze Wrote:No disrespect intended but if a team manages to miss a playoffs in a system that is designed to put almost every team in in the state the playoffs then they probably aren't that good.

I agree, but I guess it is likely that some worse teams will be in the playoffs,because there are a lot that shouldn't be there.
6 classes way to many in this state. 4 teams from each district way to many. At least 1 team in the playoffs Harrison County is 0-10. That is a joke no offense to Harrison County fans that a winless team gets into the playoffs.
T-CATS Wrote:6 classes way to many in this state. 4 teams from each district way to many. At least 1 team in the playoffs Harrison County is 0-10. That is a joke no offense to Harrison County fans that a winless team gets into the playoffs.

I'm not sure about 6 classes, but no way should 4 teams from every district make the playoffs,nor should winless teams be in the playoffs.
Some teams obviously didn't earn their way in.
It is all about the money the teams and schools need the money from these extra games that the playoffs provide. As far as the schools are concerned they would benefit from baseball and basketball moving into to the same class system as football. You have more teams involved, more kids involved, more fans involved.
It should be the top three teams in your district to make the playoffs.. I think each district should have 6 teams in them also.. Some have 3,4 or 5.. They should balance things out.. Who care if you have to travel a little way..
LClion4life Wrote:Who is it in your opinion? I think Lewis County has a good argument. Record finishes at 5-5 and they just beat the champion from 3A District 7, Magoffin County, 33-0.

Lewis would have won district 7 hands-down. Beat the district champion 33-0.
Powell beat Magoffin by 2 tds, Lewis beat Powell handily. District 7 wont win a game in the play-offs.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not sure about 6 classes, but no way should 4 teams from every district make the playoffs,nor should winless teams be in the playoffs.

Agreed on both. I used to think all of the teams needed to get in. Not anymore.

99% of these 4 vs 1 are bloodbaths.
South Laurel was most improved team. And if not for a miracle play from Madison Southern I think they would have made it in..Confusederiously:

Montgomery County in 5A and Rowan County in 4A missed the playoffs and would both defeat Lewis County. I saw all 3 of these teams play this season.
64SUR Wrote:South Laurel was most improved team. And if not for a miracle play from Madison Southern I think they would have made it in..Confusederiously:

I said when they played North as close as they did, they sure played a LOT better than their record. Some were saying it was just 'cross town rivalry' got them up for that game, maybe, but if they could get up once, they could surely get up for other opponents too. :pondering:
Fly By Night Wrote:Montgomery County in 5A and Rowan County in 4A missed the playoffs and would both defeat Lewis County. I saw all 3 of these teams play this season.

Lewis handled Rowan pretty easily in a preseason scrimmage with the final being 21-7. If Lewis was healthy I think they beat both Rowan and Montgomery. But of course if Lewis is healthy we're not having this conversation because they'd be in. I'm sure there are better teams in higher classes that missed the playoffs. Guess I should have asked this question being class-specific. I think Lewis is the best 3A team to miss the playoffs hands down.
I think its BS that there are teams sitting at home or getting ready for Basketball when they finished with atleast 1 win and there are other teams tha. Are winless that get to play atleast one more game. Makes no sense. Take the top 2 from each district and be done with it.
LClion4life Wrote:Lewis handled Rowan pretty easily in a preseason scrimmage with the final being 21-7. If Lewis was healthy I think they beat both Rowan and Montgomery. But of course if Lewis is healthy we're not having this conversation because they'd be in. I'm sure there are better teams in higher classes that missed the playoffs. Guess I should have asked this question being class-specific. I think Lewis is the best 3A team to miss the playoffs hands down.

Scrimmages mean nothing.

Greenup County defeated Lewis County at Lewis County by a score of 15-12 in Week 0.

Rowan County defeated Greenup County at Greenup County by a score of 21-14 in Week 6.

Rowan County defeated Montgomery County at Montgomery County by a score of 60-54 in Week 10.
Greenup was at full strength week 0, Lewis was not. Rowan was much closer to full strength than Greenup was in week 6.
This is why I liked the 4 class system. more teams in each class and district ,have to earn your way into the playoffs
South Laurel Cardinals
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:This is why I liked the 4 class system. more teams in each class and district ,have to earn your way into the playoffs

Should go back to 4 classes.
LClion4life Wrote:Greenup was at full strength week 0, Lewis was not. Rowan was much closer to full strength than Greenup was in week 6.

A loss is a loss in the regular season.

Lewis County is not the best team failing to make the playoffs.
so then if we went back to 4 classes or only top 2 get in how many state champs were3 or lower seeds? Paducah Tilghman won it in 09 as a 4 seed. Anyone else?
52 smash Wrote:so then if we went back to 4 classes or only top 2 get in how many state champs were3 or lower seeds? Paducah Tilghman won it in 09 as a 4 seed. Anyone else?

Bourbon was a 3 seed in 1997. But there were four classes then.