Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ironton (OH) 25 Raceland 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
Congrats to Ironton, Nice try Rams
I guess the rain helped the rams stay in it..
good effort by the Rams
Good Luck in the playoffs Rams.
Good competitive game to help Rams get ready for playoffs.
This is me Wrote:I guess the rain helped the rams stay in it..

Actually the Rain is what kept Ironton in the game. The rain cut our playbook in half. On a dry field Raceland is 2tds better than ironton. We got reduced to just a run game and Ironton is better at that game than we are. Great game that could have went either way. Got a 70 yard run down to the 2?called back on a hold and recovered an ironton fumble on their 16 and could not capitalize. We had our chances but the rain made us 1 dimensional. Paladino is a great running back.
Great game and terrible weather! Good luck to the Rams you got a heck of a team!
Ironton's line WAS NOT impressive. But lord their back's were. Their line is slow. Very slow. We just couldnt keep our offense on the field to spell the defense.
We couldn't spell the defense because we couldn't throw the ball.
Man can't you just accept a loss without making excuses last time I checked it was raining on both sides of the field. Could the Rams beat us absolutely you have a good team and we'll coached. But to say without the weather your 2 Tds better is just sour grapes. The reason you couldn't pass the ball is the qb didn't have time and when he did receivers was covered.. Now if we played again might be a different story who knows its high school boys and you never know what your gonna get. So with that said bash away and let the excuses fly lol.. Good luck Rams the rest of the season I see you all playing for many weeks to come
This is me Wrote:I guess the rain helped the rams stay in it..

Still got the butt hurt from the whooping the Rams put on your Tiggers last week?
The game was tied at 12-12 until the start of the fourth quarter. We allowed three breakaway runs by Paladino. Hardly the beatdown many were predicting, but I'm sure the team doesn't mind being underestimated. On to the playoffs.
Raceland I think you are ready...Good luck in the playoff Williamsburg is ready for a visits.....:pondering:
I thought it was a great game. I thought Raceland handled Ironton's line rather well in the first three quarters, but we were gassed by the time the third quarter rolled around. The Palledino (sp?) kid is for real, unreal speed, but it was his lateral quickness that impressed me the most. Good luck to Ironton in the playoffs.
No sour grapes. We lost. Even without throwing the ball we had our chances. But If you haven't seen Raceland play much we have a lot more to our playbook than trying to run the ball down people's throats. We didn't throw much because it was a quacker on the release. In my opinion the weather had way more of an effect on us than Ironton's defense.
Good effort by the Rams you played your hearts out tonight but just came up short. I would also like to congratulate Ironton. You are a class act and Tank is absolutely an electric environment to play football. This was a defensive battle up until the 4th quarter and Ironton just wore us down by pounding it at us on the ground. My biggest question is why Paladino wasn't given the ball outside more often and why he wasn't thrown any deep balls. I feel like he wasn't used correctly and I spoke with several Ironton fans and they felt the same. At any rate this was a hard fought game between two really good teams and I wish them both the best in the playoffs.
Listen it is what it is. It was a night for defense not offense I guess.. Good luck to you all the rest of the year.
Wonder if we could get Paladino on lone for the playoffs?
We do normally pass quite a bit more than we were able to try tonight. It seemed like every snap of the ball tonight for XP's or punts were an absolute shot in the dark. You never knew where the ball was going for either team. Crazy weather, but it is what it is. Good luck to the Tigers in the playoffs.
If it was a dry field Ironton would have killed the rams.
And if your aunt had nuts she'd be your uncle.
If raceland had a football team they wouldnt be playing basketball in 3 weeks.
The weather was in Ironton's favor. Or recievers were slipping and Young couldnt hold on to the ball. We had no running game outside of the tackles and the passing game was non-exhistant. Ironton loaded the box and played man. We looked scared and intimidated in the 2nd half. No 32 and D'Angelo beat us tonight. Ironton's offensive line, did not impress me. Their defensive line however, did. This game forced us to play 4 full quarters of football with our 1s. We still havent put 4 quarters together, tonight we laid an egg in the 4th. 1 really bad fair catch call gave Ironton the ball in our territory, but the defense responded. The play that spelled the end was the bad spot on 4th down. Snyder was 2 yards passed the marker and the play should have been called a first down. That turnover on downs spelled the end for the Rams. Ironton has some great RBs. If they run into a team as big as theirs, and as quick as ours, they will struggle. But tonight, the team that was more consistant, won. This game will pay off in a few weeks, should we meet Pikeville. Nowhere near the domination or "ugly" game that many called for. Gotta respond in big games on the road. We did for 2 quarters tonight. Gotta put a whole game together.
I guess we need a refund on the turf if it was like ice slipping out there lol! Wow that's the best one I have ever heard! Maybe you should try breathing out of you eyelids lmao!
I want some of what you was drinking Scotty lol
I watched 3 of Raceland's recievers, who have been great all year, struggle to keep their footing. Imo, with that happening they should have adjusted the cleat height. Both teams had to play on it though. Its just harder to prepare for what turf is really like unless you are really used to it. Ironton was the better team in the 4th quarter. Until then, it was a dead even ball game.
Listen to him Scotty ironton is the greatest team ever. They will probably win state since they beat 1A division 6 in Ohio Rams.
Good luck to the tigers the rest of the way. Great stable of backs. Guess its a "hard knocks life" tonight. We will grow from this game and it will better prepare us for Pikeville. Good luck to Ironton in the post season.
Boozer Wrote:If raceland had a football team they wouldnt be playing basketball in 3 weeks.

Come to Pikeville and watch us play in 3,weeks
Pages: 1 2 3