Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your Opinion On #1 Pep Section And Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who has the loudest, most creative, authentic, and just the best all around Pep Section and why?
P-Burgs is awesome....those guys know how to have fun at ball games!
When it's a big game, the Panther student section is packed and louder than ever
we always have fun at the games
P-burg by far
Belfry, or Russell????
Johnson Central, because their "Pep Section" is ALL of Johnson County, not just teh students.
Redneck Wrote:Johnson Central, because their "Pep Section" is ALL of Johnson County, not just teh students.

Not sure you can say "ALL" of Johnson County. Not sure a little town called Paintsville has your total support. Some support, but definately not all.
ya deffintly johnson central all the way
Hm well it would proably be JC cause they have so much more students than any other team around here, but all in all I would have to say Pikeville, I haven't been to a game this year that we've played in that I saw people from the other team painted completley in school colors and such, this past weekend there were like 20 sumthin girls painted for the game, Pikeville fans know when to get loud and when to be quiet
wooderson Wrote:Not sure you can say "ALL" of Johnson County. Not sure a little town called Paintsville has your total support. Some support, but definately not all.

Well they got the support of this Paintsvillian and Tiger Alum. I got no problem at all cheering for JC when then they aint playing us.
It has been CovCath, unmatched for so long. They always pack the stands, are extremely loud, creative, and fun. They set the standard, any cheering section whose any good has pretty much copied off of them (up in Northern Kentucky anyways)
BFritz Wrote:It has been CovCath, unmatched for so long. They always pack the stands, are extremely loud, creative, and fun. They set the standard, any cheering section whose any good has pretty much copied off of them (up in Northern Kentucky anyways)

I hope they bring it to JC in the semi's. The atmosphere would be AMAZING.
hazard prep sections is pretty fun to watch
Belfry is usually huge. It never matters how far away they play, the army of red goes with them. EVERY YEAR I hear and see that Belfry usually has more or at the very least, just as many fans as the home team they are playing.
:letsparty
I think the JC crowd should pull a Louisville and have a "Black Out" this friday night against Ashland, or better yet, the rest of the year however many games it may be.
Belfry does travel very well... People who follow Belfry football come home or away.. especially in playoffs, where it matters most
BFritz Wrote:It has been CovCath, unmatched for so long. They always pack the stands, are extremely loud, creative, and fun. They set the standard, any cheering section whose any good has pretty much copied off of them (up in Northern Kentucky anyways)

yea ive seen covington catholic in person and they are unreal..they strectch before the game and everything....they are organized so that the senoirs are at the bottom then juniors above them and so on...but aroung eastern ky id say pikeville...i honestly dont think they could have pulled out that win against paintsville in all a without the pep section...JC has a great one too
Valley
I've never seen anything like Central. They had more fans at scrimages than most teams have at playoff games. They were louder and more excited as well. Probally the most exciting team to watch in the state this year. Amazing atmosphere wether their playing a rival like Ashland or a sub par team like South Point.
GridironGang1 Wrote:hazard prep sections is pretty fun to watch
Yeah, spitting on an opposing team's QB after he scores a touchdown is great!
CovCath is unbelievable.....last year at the basketball state tournament they really put on a show
Irish#1 Wrote:CovCath is unbelievable.....last year at the basketball state tournament they really put on a show

That was unreal. They had the whole, place doing the wave. They won some award that's usually given to a player
If you live on Pond Creek and dont attend the Belfry games then your probably not considered a true Pond Creeker..haha....So I would say Belfry has the best pep section.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Belfry is usually huge. It never matters how far away they play, the army of red goes with them. EVERY YEAR I hear and see that Belfry usually has more or at the very least, just as many fans as the home team they are playing.
:letsparty
I would have to agree that BELFRY has way more fans at home and away, but an actual PEP section, I am not to sure, I think the student body could get behind the team a little more than they do. The school creates dress up days and things to get the kids going, but it is alway the Same few who participate. When I was in School(many moons ago)Johnson Central's pep section rocked, but I haven't seen them lately!
Panther#42 Wrote:Pikeville fans know when to get loud and when to be quiet

Blackcat fans never get quiet
blackcat_crazy07 Wrote:Blackcat fans never get quiet

So what do they do if the PA asks for a moment of silence? Confusedhh:
Im going to have to go with NCC. Their student section has been unbelieveable. Both at the all a classic for basketball and in the Semi-State Championship last year at Newport. It had to have been 15 degrees that night and people had their bodies painted and everything.
NYY10 Wrote:Valley

valley has got a good fan section? prestonsburg brought more fans than they did when pburg played you all
Ashland's 05 Student Section!! Squad UP!!
Belfry's Pep Section has been full all year. My son sets in the student section and it is always crammed full, not to mention all the Pond Creek Nation that fills the rest of the stands.