Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Tiger Madness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I attended this tonight and thought it was great. Amazing set up of the gym and both the boys and girls teams looked pretty sharp tonight. Just wondering if anyone else went. Paintsville's boys team look like they'll be tough to beat this year.
Looked good but played kind of lazy...Hopefully that was so no one would get hurt...If they play like they did tonight they could have a tough time getting it together
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:Looked good but played kind of lazy...Hopefully that was so no one would get hurt...If they play like they did tonight they could have a tough time getting it together
What on earth were you thinking you were gonna see???
This was an exhibition for the kids to have a little fun and for everyone to get just a little glimpse of what they were about.
If you were not at least somewhat impressed, then you would have to be either blind ignorant or jealous. For what ever reason.
Personally, I can't wait for the season to start!!
I am looking forward to watching this Paintsville team this year. They are the favorite again this year to win the region. I can't wait to see how much they have matured. I wish them luck all year until they play my eagles then I wish them lots and lots of missed shots, turnovers, and mistakes.
Slone and Ferguson looked strong and athletic...VanHoose looked great on the post..And Grimm was very impressive with his never-quitting attitude..Bundy has matured greatly also, and looks like his shot has improved...These boys looked like they were having a great time...A lot better chemistry this year..Good luck to the boys this year!!
I didnt get to make it saturday to tiger madness but i know most of the ball players and they are all good guys... i hope the best of luck to paintsville in the upcoming basketball season and if there is a party take a guess at who i am and call me to let me know because i want to be there with my boys... lol good luck tigers

P.S. and to big ben, chill out man its just a joke game to get everyone hiped about basketball and get a feel for the players. its not the regional tourny just yet
WildcatFan08 Wrote:Slone and Ferguson looked strong and athletic...VanHoose looked great on the post..And Grimm was very impressive with his never-quitting attitude..Bundy has matured greatly also, and looks like his shot has improved...These boys looked like they were having a great time...A lot better chemistry this year..Good luck to the boys this year!!
Sounds good, these kids are getting older now and are more mature mentally and are probabily starting to realize that all the jelously and what not was kind of rediculas, they are starting to realize what it takes to win, at least I hope thats the situation but we'll see when the season starts.
Moe Wrote:Sounds good, these kids are getting older now and are more mature mentally and are probabily starting to realize that all the jelously and what not was kind of rediculas, they are starting to realize what it takes to win, at least I hope thats the situation but we'll see when the season starts.

It's a little too late for that now, their best defensive player who was the best in the region IMO isn't playing cause of all that jealousy crap. I don't look for it to last long, hopefully I am wrong but I just don't see it happening,
I thought that the Tigers looked good, both boys and girls. Of course they weren't as sharp as you will find them in a few weeks at the beginning of the season. But they were only playing for fun last night and only putting out minimal effort. I think that both Tiger teams (boys and girls) showed a lot of chemistry and team work in their play. That is a good sign!! The boys are very talented. Van is just as good as Landon in many ways, so it will be a plus having him to add to the mix. Just as long as they all play together, they will be able to do well as their talent is fairly deep. They also have good leaping ability to at least help offset their lack of a big guy.

As for Pugh not playing, that is his call. He is very talented on defense but only average on offense. He would have just added more depth to the team. But for whatever reason, the chemistry wasn't there last year. I respect his decision not to play this year regardless of the reason. Talent alone can't win ballgames. It takes chemistry and team work. All the Tigers need to fully understand this concept. Whether Pugh playing would have caused friction I don't know. But for whatever his reason in deciding not to play, lets not blame him or any of the other players or coaches. Support the Tigers and lets hope for a good season.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I thought that the Tigers looked good, both boys and girls. Of course they weren't as sharp as you will find them in a few weeks at the beginning of the season. But they were only playing for fun last night and only putting out minimal effort. I think that both Tiger teams (boys and girls) showed a lot of chemistry and team work in their play. That is a good sign!! The boys are very talented. Van is just as good as Landon in many ways, so it will be a plus having him to add to the mix. Just as long as they all play together, they will be able to do well as their talent is fairly deep. They also have good leaping ability to at least help offset their lack of a big guy.

As for Pugh not playing, that is his call. He is very talented on defense but only average on offense. He would have just added more depth to the team. But for whatever reason, the chemistry wasn't there last year. I respect his decision not to play this year regardless of the reason. Talent alone can't win ballgames. It takes chemistry and team work. All the Tigers need to fully understand this concept. Whether Pugh playing would have caused friction I don't know. But for whatever his reason in deciding not to play, lets not blame him or any of the other players or coaches. Support the Tigers and lets hope for a good season.

This is a great post here. I hope that Paintsville has a great season.
Who is Ferguson?
What kind of greeting did the Jc players get when they showed up to watch the festivities?
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:What kind of greeting did the Jc players get when they showed up to watch the festivities?

Not a thing was said. I didn't even see them come in or knew they were even there untill my son told me. No-One cares if anyone from JC or any other school comes to any PHS events, they are more than welcome anytime they please. They are just a bunch of kids wanting to see what the competition looked liked. As for the Festivities, I thought that it was a nice show. Just the music was alittle to loud. Also I noticed that Daniel Meade was alittle gimpy, after falling on a dunk attempted. Just wondering how he is? Good luck to the Tigers on the up and coming season. :Cheerlead
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:What kind of greeting did the Jc players get when they showed up to watch the festivities?
They were welcomed! There are always a few that come to this every year.
SnakE tried to get McCarty to wear some of the beads and glow necklaces we gave away but he refused politely!!!! Jamie is a good sport though!!
The Guru Wrote:They were welcomed! There are always a few that come to this every year.
SnakE tried to get McCarty to wear some of the beads and glow necklaces we gave away but he refused politely!!!! Jamie is a good sport though!!
Those JC kids are good kids who just love being around the game, I don't blame them. The two best teams in the region are just about 5 minutes apart. I did the same thing when I was in HS.
WildcatFan08 Wrote:Slone and Ferguson looked strong and athletic...VanHoose looked great on the post..And Grimm was very impressive with his never-quitting attitude..Bundy has matured greatly also, and looks like his shot has improved...These boys looked like they were having a great time...A lot better chemistry this year..Good luck to the boys this year!!

Slone and ferguson athletic-Yes...Strong-No way
Vanhoose has gained alot of weight and looked slower than the others
When they (JC PLayers) entered the gym at paintville they booed so loud you could have heard it a mile away....But thats part of the rival i guess....no-one got mad that iseen showed good sport, and nothing else was said to my knowledge
Moe Wrote:Those JC kids are good kids who just love being around the game, I don't blame them. The two best teams in the region are just about 5 minutes apart. I did the same thing when I was in HS.

Now you know you cant get from JC to SV in 5 minutes.:dontthink
Ferguson is a player. I'm sure thats exactly what the rest of the region wanted to hear. But please, how in the world can people say that there is more chemistry this year after watching 10 minutes in which the starters didn't even play together?
watchin-u Wrote:When they (JC PLayers) entered the gym at paintville they booed so loud you could have heard it a mile away....But thats part of the rival i guess....no-one got mad that iseen showed good sport, and nothing else was said to my knowledge

Well, I must have missed it. Because, I was sitting about six rows up right next to the Pep section and must have been def from the music. Because, I never saw them come in an I never heard a boo. Plus the lights were out. So I better get to the Doc and get checked out! LOL!!
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Ferguson is a player. I'm sure thats exactly what the rest of the region wanted to hear. But please, how in the world can people say that there is more chemistry this year after watching 10 minutes in which the starters didn't even play together?
Anybody who knows anything about basketball could tell that there was more chemistry there...Tehy were having fun and you could tell that they like on another...Maybe you should open your eyes a little!!!
WildcatFan08 Wrote:Anybody who knows anything about basketball could tell that there was more chemistry there...Tehy were having fun and you could tell that they like on another...Maybe you should open your eyes a little!!!

None of that was Pugh's fault last year, he tried getting along with those boys but they weren't having it. I hope they have lots of fun, but now that Pugh is gone they ALL will have to play a little thing called DEFENSE, something SOME of them didn't like to do last year. With Pugh gone look for Bundy to be the leader on the defensive side of the ball, he is about the only one besides Pugh who played any D.
Wow, I am amazed at how Van Ferguson has not been mentioned more than what he has... This kid is very talented and in my opinion, the most talented one out of all the Tigers. Can you say, Underrated?
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Now you know you cant get from JC to SV in 5 minutes.:dontthink
Smile Man you got me good on that one.:notworthy
watchin-u Wrote:Slone and ferguson athletic-Yes...Strong-No way
Vanhoose has gained alot of weight and looked slower than the others

Whoa...i personally have lifted weights with ferguson and let me tell ya...Im one of the strongest football players and he benches about 20 pounds less than i do! For any skinny b-ball player, that's outstanding!
everybody's hero Wrote:Whoa...i personally have lifted weights with ferguson and lit me tell ya...im one of the strongest football players and he benches about 20 pounds less than i do! for any skinny b-ball player, that's outstanding! the kid id a hoss

That's not saying much then there hero. Smile J/K
everybody's hero Wrote:Whoa...i personally have lifted weights with ferguson and lit me tell ya...im one of the strongest football players and he benches about 20 pounds less than i do! for any skinny b-ball player, that's outstanding! the kid id a hoss

And then again you do play for Paintsville....that's probably why they went 5-5 this year...hmmmmmmmm?....:flame: ......j/k:wink:
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:And then again you do play for Paintsville....that's probably why they went 5-5 this year...hmmmmmmmm?....:flame: ......j/k:wink:

Yea well i know alot of players that are alot stronger than him from different schools, so how much does this Van bench...Wait let me guess 400 pounds hahaha...lol...
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Now you know you cant get from JC to SV in 5 minutes.:dontthink

No you can't, but if I'm not mistaken, they are talking about the TWO best teams!!
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:And then again you do play for Paintsville....that's probably why they went 5-5 this year...hmmmmmmmm?....:flame: ......j/k:wink:

That's better than 2-8 a couple years in a row. :thumpsup: j/k Ben, but I had to say it.
Pages: 1 2