Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 35 Harlan County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium
Post pics of Harlan County's uniforms Granny Bear.....
Harlan has the pieces to be a really good football team. I'm not going to write them off just yet. Hopefully they can turn things around. Sounds like they hung in there throughout the Course of the game!
Congrats Harlan County on a good game and good luck ion post season How is Granny Bear doing? and Good job Bobcats and take it one game at a time starting to piece it together!!!
[Image: 10685792_10205085907537681_2425703939959...e=54E20B75]

Hope I did this correctly!!!!
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Harlan has the pieces to be a really good football team. I'm not going to write them off just yet. Hopefully they can turn things around. Sounds like they hung in there throughout the Course of the game!

I'll never give up on them Pantherfan!! There are just so many obstacles!! We lost another RB. I think next week, the may suit ME up against Pulaski!

BobcatForever Wrote:Congrats Harlan County on a good game and good luck ion post season How is Granny Bear doing? and Good job Bobcats and take it one game at a time starting to piece it together!!!

Thank you BobcatForever!! From the very first of the season I kept telling everybody not to look past Bell. Well, they may finally believe me!

Congratulations Bobcats; great job tonight!!!

Dang it was cold!!
Congrats to Bobcats.
Granny Bear Wrote:I'll never give up on them Pantherfan!! There are just so many obstacles!! We lost another RB. I think next week, the may suit ME up against Pulaski!

Thank you BobcatForever!! From the very first of the season I kept telling everybody not to look past Bell. Well, they may finally believe me!

Congratulations Bobcats; great job tonight!!!

Dang it was cold!!

it kinda got kool lol and HC got some good looking young players hang in there and good luck and you are the bomb!!!!:rockon: and I respect the fans that are fans in the bad as well as the good!!!!:Thumbs:
Always a good atmosphere for this game! Disappointed in the crowd. I guess Thursday night, cold weather, and both teams not normal kept fans away! Expected more on both sides.

Good Game, two big plays propelled Bell and sunk the Bears.

Playoff time everyone is 0-0.
Congrats bobcats...... Hope Harlan gets back up quick and figures something out. Great programs!
BobcatForever Wrote:it kinda got kool lol and HC got some good looking young players hang in there and good luck and you are the bomb!!!!:rockon: and I respect the fans that are fans in the bad as well as the good!!!!:Thumbs:
I'm still a fan, just a disgruntled one Confusednicker:
Congrats bell. Thanks and good luck to the HC seniors.
Bell should be ready for a good play off run.
BobcatForever Wrote:it kinda got kool lol and HC got some good looking young players hang in there and good luck and you are the bomb!!!!:rockon: and I respect the fans that are fans in the bad as well as the good!!!!:Thumbs:

I believe BobcatForever may be referring to two years ago when I gave the Bell Co fans a whole lot of grief for giving up on their team, and leaving early. Well guess what......HC had a mass exodus last night, and it made me a little sick to my stomach.

I would much rather have somebody like Demarcus (did I say that??) who is publicly critical and honest about what he feels, than to have fair weather fans who leave at the end of the third quarter because they are butt hurt!! Yet these are the very ones to point fingers and complain.

So bottom line, I guess everybody is deserving of their opinion and ability to carry that out. After all America is still a free nation.........for now.

I've been following these three boys through sports for over 20 years, and this night marked the last home game for the last baby. It was more emotional than I thought it would be for me.

So, good luck to Seniors from both teams...God speed!
They'll likely win the first round game and Harlan County could have a good chance of going to Pulaski County and upsetting the Maroons.
last night I notice Harlan Co fans seem to be ready for Larky to retire or move on ? I heard a few talking last night that where very upset with Him because of his coaching style. I think a lot of coach Larky and just wonder about the over thought of him by the natives ?

I understand that may have been a few disgruntled fans (we've got some of those too) but trying to understand over all atmosphere because I was a little disheartened by some of the talk. I hope this isn't true and I have grown to love this match-up, and a lot of that is because of Coach Larky and the respect he brings with a great Harlan co program.

good luck in playoffs to both teams
I have heard rumors of Larkey retiring every year since he started. I personally don't believe he will leave until he gets his 300th win. Now, I haven't heard ANYTHING to that effect, that is just my personal opinion.

Coach Tom Larkey took a brand new consolidated team, and has done a wonderful job molding those kids together into a unit. I think he is a top quality coach, and he has my loyalty and support until he leaves.
I have to admit I get as upset as anyone with the yard and a half and a cloud of dust. I also love it when we flat run over people like we have in the past. With that said there is no denying Larkey is a great coach and we are lucky to have him. To the people who want him gone be careful what you ask for (check with Tennessee on that one).

Coaching is a lot more about the Jim's and Joe's than X's and O's. Very simply put Harlan County was short on the Jim's and Joe's, had virtually no depth, very young and had several key injuries. What has to be figured out is where did all the players go? Are there kids not out and if so why?
Granny Bear Wrote:I believe BobcatForever may be referring to two years ago when I gave the Bell Co fans a whole lot of grief for giving up on their team, and leaving early. Well guess what......HC had a mass exodus last night, and it made me a little sick to my stomach.

I would much rather have somebody like Demarcus (did I say that??) who is publicly critical and honest about what he feels, than to have fair weather fans who leave at the end of the third quarter because they are butt hurt!! Yet these are the very ones to point fingers and complain.

So bottom line, I guess everybody is deserving of their opinion and ability to carry that out. After all America is still a free nation.........for now.

I've been following these three boys through sports for over 20 years, and this night marked the last home game for the last baby. It was more emotional than I thought it would be for me.

So, good luck to Seniors from both teams...God speed!
Awww shucks thanks Granny...like I said I'm always a fan, so when I think the kids deserve a little more effort from the adults I say that, in a weird roundabout way. BUT I heard about everyone leaving and I also heard there was a lot of blame being pointed toward the coaches last. The natives are getting restless and I don't blame them and that's all I need to say.
You would think Harlan Co fans are like UK Basketball fans, happy when we win and want the coach fired if we lose. When coach larkey does retire I feel sorry for the next coach, its state title or fired.
I have said ever since I got on here we had a young and bunch of injuries.
The proble wasnt with the offense when coach larkey took it back over, it has been tackling and kids being thrown into a varsity game tht wasnt ready for it yet.
Does Coach Larkey have alzheimers? He was the smartest guy in the world two years ago and is now the dumbest. You got to play what you got. This isn't the 14th region basketball. You can't recruit.
E's Army Wrote:Does Coach Larkey have alzheimers? He was the smartest guy in the world two years ago and is now the dumbest. You got to play what you got. This isn't the 14th region basketball. You can't recruit.
Ebola not Alzheimer's..and right now larkeys biggest problem is he has no one to coach the defense. And for the record would everyone stop using the oh we are too young excuse, because that's all it is, is an excuse and a poor one at that.
Nice story on Bell's Nathan Murray on Catsillustrated.
Bear booster Wrote:You would think Harlan Co fans are like UK Basketball fans, happy when we win and want the coach fired if we lose. When coach larkey does retire I feel sorry for the next coach, its state title or fired.
I have said ever since I got on here we had a young and bunch of injuries.
The proble wasnt with the offense when coach larkey took it back over, it has been tackling and kids being thrown into a varsity game tht wasnt ready for it yet.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Really? Today when I get more time I'll put all your post together and show just what all you said about the coaching and kids. You're right the problems hasn't been the offense since larkey took back over then i ask you, as a great coach why wait into the end of the season to make a move when it was obvious way earlier? Why let your defense struggle as it has? And DONT come at me with the young excuse, that's not a very good one. And you're right if you're not trying to get to a state title then they should be fired. Why else play the game? 292 wins 2 state title appearances, 0 wins in state title game..not impressed
State Title wins dont determine if your a good coach or not, there are many coaches out there who have never even been to a title game that are great coaches.

Why let the defense struggle, what do you expect in a high school program, just up and fire the defense coaches in middle of season and then what? Our defense has been great over the years until this year. Like I said earlier fans are too critical of wins/losses and too quick to want change if 1yr is bad. Most fans dont know what the circumstances are and shouldnt. But I hope we play well vs Pulaski and give ourself a chance to win.
Everyone cant go 15-0
Bear booster Wrote:State Title wins dont determine if your a good coach or not, there are many coaches out there who have never even been to a title game that are great coaches.

Why let the defense struggle, what do you expect in a high school program, just up and fire the defense coaches in middle of season and then what? Our defense has been great over the years until this year. Like I said earlier fans are too critical of wins/losses and too quick to want change if 1yr is bad. Most fans dont know what the circumstances are and shouldnt. But I hope we play well vs Pulaski and give ourself a chance to win.
Everyone cant go 15-0
No there is good coaches and then there is great and that's a huge difference. And yes when the defense is struggling the head coaches job is to fix it. He's the HEAD coach not just the offense. And there is more too it than wins and losses and those are my reasons for being critical. My problem started over a year ago
[quote=Demarcus ware]Ebola not Alzheimer's..and right now larkeys biggest problem is he has no one to coach the defense. And for the record would everyone stop using the oh we are too young excuse, because that's all it is, is an excuse and a poor one at that.[/QUOTE) Coach Canady is known all over among coaches as on of the best D- Coord. in the state. No one works any harder or knows any more about the game. Get over it, sometimes everyone has a team that is just too young or not talented enough. Grind your axe.
BIG TONY Wrote:[quote=Demarcus ware]Ebola not Alzheimer's..and right now larkeys biggest problem is he has no one to coach the defense. And for the record would everyone stop using the oh we are too young excuse, because that's all it is, is an excuse and a poor one at that.[/QUOTE) Coach Canady is known all over among coaches as on of the best D- Coord. in the state. No one works any harder or knows any more about the game. Get over it, sometimes everyone has a team that is just too young or not talented enough. Grind your axe.
:hilarious: Nice one
We have been talking every where we got this year to watch a high school football game. "Where are the fans"!?????

Seems like there is not a week goes by anymore without a high school coach being criticized — often very publicly (a lot of times on here) — by the parents of players & semi-luke warm fans. That IMO, ruins the fan base, no one wants to support an activity where there is so much lip smacking going on toward the coach & program!

I see it regularly at games. I have witnessed parents shouting at the coach from the stands in at least half of the football games I’ve seen this season. I’ve overheard other parents & what fans are there questioning the coach more quietly while talking among themselves.

Amazingly, it is as prevalent at a school that regularly wins as one that is struggling for victories.

It’s disturbing if not disgusting & I think it is to blame for at least part of the fan loss at the games we have attended this year. What concerns me the most is what something like this can do to the reputation of our good high school coach's, that are putting forth the effort to do this job that not everyone is even capable of doing.

The fact that now parents have a venue or an opportunity to go directly to the social media to complain about whatever, without necessarily substantiating the facts, is troubling to all potential coaches and, for that matter the fan base. Right there goes the fans that would normally support a team, having to listen to crap about the coach of the program they would normally support. Most people don't want to be involved in trash talk, they want to be proud of their team & have others talking positively about it, not trashing it.

I have heard more than a few people say, “I don’t know why anyone wants to coach anymore.” They do it because they love it. It certainly isn’t for the money. A season shouldn't necessarily be about WIN...WIN....WIN. These coach's are attempting to build character and help these young men grow up along with teaching them some football skills along the way. You have to look at the big picture, it's not about the scoreboard all the time.:Sad04:
I told you guys once you started losing it would all fall apart.

It only gets worse from here.
Pages: 1 2