Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Ten 1a games of week ending 11-1-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, we have a great week of games here in 1a this week. It was almost easy to put together a top ten this week. I hope you all are as excited as I am about this week in 1a football.

1) #1 Caldwell Co 2a @ #1 Mayfield 1a
What better way to start this off than 2 #1 teams going at it. Last year this went down to the wire in a shoot out. This year it is at Mayfield though. The Cardinals last loss at War Memorial was to Caldwell Co in 2008. This year it appears the Tigers have a better offense than last year. Their defense however appears to be more suspect than last year. With Mayfield it is a flip of that. The Cards defense appears to be much more stout than last year. However, their offense appears to be behind where it was last year at this point. These two teams will meet as #1 in their perspective classifications again for the second year in a row. Caldwell comes into this one perfect at 9-0 with a Lit rating of 102.4. They have outscored their opponents 514-198. The Cards come in at 2 points from being undefeated at 8-1, with a Lit rating of 105.2. They have outscored their opponents 348-83.

2) #7 Russell 3a @ #2 Pikeville 1a
This is another great one between two highly ranked teams. Russell comes into this one at 8-1, with a Lit rating of 97.6. They have outscored their opponents 271-143. This could be their toughest game of the year though. The Panthers come in perfect at 9-0, with a Lit rating of 100.4. They have outscored their opponents 403-133. This should be another great game in Pikeville. It should be another sell out.

3) #4 Beechwood 1a @ #12 Newport Cent Cath 2a
This is a great rivalry and these two teams are always highly ranked in their classifications when they meet. This year is no different. Newport Cent got off to a slow start but appears to have righted the ship just in time for this game. These two teams use this game to gauge how they will do in the playoffs. The Tigers come into this one at 7-2, with a Lit rating of 104.5. They have outscored their opponents 376-146. The Thoroughbreds come in at 4-4, with a Lit rating of 84.6. They have neither outscored their opponents or been outscored. It is dead even at 179-179. This will be a sell out as usual.

4) #6 Bardstown 2a @ #8 Holy Cross 1a
This should be another great game between two highly ranked teams. Bardstown comes into this one at 7-2, with a Lit rating of 99.9. They have outscored their opponents 348-139. Holy Cross comes into this one needing to rebound from Fri night's loss. They enter at 7-2 with a Lit rating of 83.6. They have outscored their opponents 327-105.

5) East Ridge 3a @ South Floyd 1a
This should also be a great game between two evenly matched teams. East Ridge comes into this one at 4-5 with a Lit rating of 47.2. They have been outscored 188-230. South Floyd comes in at 5-4 with a Lit rating of 47.2. They have outscored their opponents 304-246. This according to the Lit ratings is a dead heat. This should be very interesting.

6) #7 Danville 2a @ #6 Frankfort 1a
Here we have another great game between two highly rated teams. The Admirals appear to be headed in the right direction as of late. Frankfort achieved more last year than they have in many and would like to further that achievement. The Ads come in at 7-2 with a Lit rating of 93.5. They have outscored their opponents 279-186. The Panthers come in at 7-2 as well, with a Lit rating of 90.8. They have outscored their opponents 327-105.

7) #5 Russellville 1a @ #1 South Warren 3a
This is another great one between two highly rated teams. Russellville played very inspired Fri and if they do that this week, this could be a very tough test for So Warren. The Panthers come in at 7-2 with a Lit rating of 89.9. They have outscored their opponents 327-105. So Warren comes in perfect at 9-0 with a Lit rating of 108.1. They have outscored their opponents 355-68. This should be a great game.

8) #7 Raceland 1a @ Ironton, Oh
This is another great out of state test. The Rams have been on quiet a roll as of late. They come into this matchup at 8-1 with a Lit rating of 99.5. They have outscored their opponents 372-113. Ironton comes in with a mark of 6-2. They have outscored their opponents 256-177. This should be a great chance for Ky 1a to make a statement.

9) #9 Paintsville 1a @ West Carter 3a
This appears to be a great matchup of two evenly matched teams as well. Paintsville will look to rebound from Fri night's contest in this one. They come in at 7-2 with a Lit rating of 76.1. They have outscored their opponents 280-174. West Carter comes in at 5-4 with a Lit rating of 73.2. They have outscored their opponents 256-184. This too should be a great matchup.

10) Caverna @ Metcalfe Co 2a
This also appears to be a great matchup between two evenly matched teams. Caverna appears to be much improved from last year and enters this matchup at 3-6. They have a Lit rating of 44.4. They have been outscored 204-304 on the year. Metcalfe comes in also with a mark of 3-6. They have a Lit rating 60.8. They have been outscored 154-204. This should be another great one.

This is a great week in 1a football and I hope you all enjoy.
Some teams have a very tough game before the start of the playoffs..Good work on these games.
Raceland/Ironton
Rville/SW
MC/CC
Pville/Russell all have my attention. All are games tha will let us know where each team stands after most going through their districts pretty soundly.
This is a great week of football. I was amazed at how many really good matchups we have this week. I cannot wait to see all the scores on Friday.
Some really good games this week.
this is the most exciting time of the year Smile
Games 1-3 and 7/8 are all really great examples of why the teams in those slots, are the eatablished programs that they are. All are playing up again this week. And they arent cupcake bigger schools. They are legit contenders in their own right to atleast play for the region or further in the play offs. Some of which are real contenders to win it all. I just hope all of us come out of it all healthy and 100% for the playoffs.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Games 1-3 and 7/8 are all really great examples of why the teams in those slots, are the eatablished programs that they are. All are playing up again this week. And they arent cupcake bigger schools. They are legit contenders in their own right to atleast play for the region or further in the play offs. Some of which are real contenders to win it all. I just hope all of us come out of it all healthy and 100% for the playoffs.

I like the number 7 matchup.
Good job 55......1A is going to miss you hang around. :insane:
If Russellville plays So Warren as tough as they did Mayfield, they will win.
mysonis55 Wrote:If Russellville plays So Warren as tough as they did Mayfield, they will win.

Good news for Corbin in the west if this is true...wait a minute Corbin in the west.Confusednicker:
Corbin will win.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Raceland/Ironton
Rville/SW
MC/CC
Pville/Russell all have my attention. All are games tha will let us know where each team stands after most going through their districts pretty soundly.

this game will be played in A hard fought game.
1A schools could make a big statement this week for sure....:Cheerlead
64, This is my favorite post of all time, courtesy of EKU.

"The only somewhat quality team Wburg played was Newport. Newport is 5-4 and probably a top 15 team in 2A. Yes they lost to NewCath by only 5, but NewCath themselves are going to finish 4-5. Newport... the only somewhat quality team Wburg faced... pushed them for 4 Quarters."

"I don't care if they put a running clock up on the Sisters of the Poor in the 1st Half. The fact remains they have played not a single team ranked in their class' respective Top 10. Zero. Zilch. Nada."

If you hear something once, you might say "that guy is crazy." If you hear it twice, you think to yourself "hmmm". If you hear it 3, 4, 5........100 times, it must be true!
mayfield_9 Wrote:64, This is my favorite post of all time, courtesy of EKU.

"The only somewhat quality team Wburg played was Newport. Newport is 5-4 and probably a top 15 team in 2A. Yes they lost to NewCath by only 5, but NewCath themselves are going to finish 4-5. Newport... the only somewhat quality team Wburg faced... pushed them for 4 Quarters."

"I don't care if they put a running clock up on the Sisters of the Poor in the 1st Half. The fact remains they have played not a single team ranked in their class' respective Top 10. Zero. Zilch. Nada."

If you hear something once, you might say "that guy is crazy." If you hear it twice, you think to yourself "hmmm". If you hear it 3, 4, 5........100 times, it must be true!

:flush:
pjdoug Wrote::flush:

:dump:
mayfield_9 Wrote::dump:

I hadn't noticed that one. that's funny Confusednicker:
mayfield_9 Wrote:64, This is my favorite post of all time, courtesy of EKU.

I will be :lmao: driving to Bowling Green at EKUAlum05 :bike::bike::bike:
Better let someone else drive so you dont get a dui. They are expensive i know first hand.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Better let someone else drive so you dont get a dui. They are expensive i know first hand.

Seeing some of your posts I'm sure you do
Confusednicker:
64 would be dui if he wasn't drinking. It's hard to tell what he would be like if he didn't have blood in his alcohol system.
What a lovely day in NEKY. Tank Stadium(in Ironton) may very well feel like the frozen tundra tonight. Cold, wet, rain/snow...great weather for football if you ask me! Good luck to everyone this evening. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:What a lovely day in NEKY. Tank Stadium(in Ironton) may very well feel like the frozen tundra tonight. Cold, wet, rain/snow...great weather for football if you ask me! Good luck to everyone this evening. Hope everyone stays healthy for the playoffs.

stay warm and be careful. I might stay in the dry tonight instead of going to a football game.my team ain't playing tonight anyway :biggrin: