Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Miss. St 45 Kentucky 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heckuva football game...

A lot of positives to take away from this game after staying within 1-2 scores throughout. We hung 31 on the #1 team in the country. Passed for nearly 400 yards.

Rushed for over a hundred yards. 500 total offensive yards is fantastic. The bad news is we gave up 542. Don't hang your heads BBN. This team is heading in the right direction. I'll be wearing my UK hat with a bit more pride today.

Go Cats...:Thumbs:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400548355
I think they go on the road next week and beat Mizz,to get to 6 wins..
Cats were a couple of mistakes away from this being real interesting.
Don't think for 1 second that the other teams in the SEC haven't taken notice that Kentucky is getting better! I think this young Kentucky team has a chance to be competitive with (if not beat) any team in the nation next year.
The Cats played well in many ways, but our run defense and special teams just don't stack up right now with the top tier SEC teams. Towles came back from a sub par performance against LSU and had a big game in this one! I believe moving forward this game will give the Cats the confidence they need to pull out another victory or two and get to Stopps first bowl game.....
Mizzou should be a win. No reason it shouldn't be. Personally, I see UK favorites over UT and UL as well. I don't see why not.
I hope a team like Lville beats Fla State. Shows the country how overrated the ACC is.
I thought Kentucky played well on Offense. The Kentucky defense had it hands full with the big QB and the bowling ball RB. I think there's lots of ways for the Kentucky offense to improve but I feel like the Kentucky defense is about as good as it can get with the personal they have. Hopefully the LB core can hold up a little better against the run!
Should have won the game. Our run defense is like Swiss cheese. And how may dropped balls did we have? This was a winnable game.

But I still don't understand why we're not trying to establish a run game. We have four capable backs and we're not utilizing any of them. It would be one thing if we had no one or if none of them had worked out...but we're not even trying! They're hanging it all on Towel's shoulders.
Last season when the #1 ranked Alabama team came to Commonwealth.... their 3rd stringers were better than our varsity.

This time vs. #1, we were a few plays away from beating (not upsetting) the #1 team in the land.
proud of what this coaching staff has done in just two years, I'm happy to us being competitive in our conference and know that the expectations will be even higher next year.
And what's great is that it's only going to get better. This is a young team and there's quality players on both sides of the ball. In year's past when we've had good teams, like '07, it was senior heavy and you knew that was good as it was going to get for a while.

If something doesn't fall apart, and I hesitate to say it...but this team could be serious contenders next year.
You do realize how many SEC teams that are still out recruiting UK? Alabama and UT have monster classes. These other SEC schools will improve too. And could be serious contenders.
Proud Dad of a Wildcat.....GO BIG BLUE...