Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan COUNTY 37 Perry County Central 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

With less than two minutes to go PCC goes up by 7. Black Bears drove that football, and scored with 18 seconds left. There was no question as to whether or not HC was going for 1 or 2....no guts no glory.

When I calm down a little bit, I'll post something that makes more sense.
HC still like Bell County then travels to PC.
Without Hall, Pulaski looks vulnerable. If HC can get that defense fixed, they may stand a chance.
Zak had an incredible game tonight on both sides of the ball. I'm so thankful, too. He NEEDED a game like this so badly!!

I'm still shaking. LOL
And someone please tell me this wasn't the game of the week.

I don't know of another game in Eastern Kentucky that was more exciting.

But back to the game... Perry has lost two heartbreakers in a row, but it's nice to see that they are starting to do what I was asking for all season.

Give it to Tobler as much as you can.
What lost Perry the game was when they kicked it out of bounds twice after they went ahead.

Kudos to Larkey on having them back up and kick it over twice. A real veteran coach decision.
Way to go Bears...congratulations on the W!!!

:Clap:
zaga_fan Wrote:And someone please tell me this wasn't the game of the week.

I don't know of amother game in Eastern Kentucky that was more exciting.

But back to the game... Perry has lost two heartbreakers in a row, but it's nice to see that they are starting to do what I was asking for all season.

Give it to Tobler as much as you can.

Hey, that's right!! I had forgotten!!

Wait'll I get a hold of Pulp!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey, that's right!! I had forgotten!!

We'll be over in Paintsville next week and I'm sure he'll be fine with it.

If Harlan and Perry wouldn't have let leads slip away late last week... This game would have had district championship implications.
Looks like Larkey needs to take over calling the defense too.
Perry may be the 4 seed but I wouldn't want to play them.. If the defense can get a little tougher and better they should have a good shot..
Congrats Bears. Glad to see you back in the W coulumn. Got updates from Granny and Demarcus throughout the game. Seemed like a slobber knocker.
This game was an emotional rollercoaster. Baby Zak had his best game of the year on both sides of the ball, as long as they were running behind him they were moving forward. Jake was hurt but wanting to come back in but they decided to keep him out which is good.

As GUT said, if HC can get that Defense to stiffen up they actually would have a chance against PC right now. Heck of a game tonight.

We also learned GUT will never watch WYMT again Confusednicker:
One other note worth making, WE KICKED AN EXTRA POINT...Wooohooo....AND just like last week the offensive play calling was about as good as it could possibly be. I'm still confused by our D but will get into that next week, right now just enjoy the WIN in what turned out to be the perfect Game of the Week.
sports lover Wrote:Looks like Larkey needs to take over calling the defense too.
I'm not going to hijack this thread but you have a point there. Talk about that in the Bell thread next week.

Congrats Bears
Good Win for the Black Bears! These boys needed this. But so did Perry, hate it for those boys. Hate to see kids goi through theses rough seasons.

If HC can win next week a lot of the bad parts of the season will be forgotten.

Don't sleep on district 8 in the playoffs.
Congrats Bears
Congrats to the Black bears on a hard fought win.
Demarcus ware Wrote:This game was an emotional rollercoaster. Baby Zak had his best game of the year on both sides of the ball, as long as they were running behind him they were moving forward. Jake was hurt but wanting to come back in but they decided to keep him out which is good.

As GUT said, if HC can get that Defense to stiffen up they actually would have a chance against PC right now. Heck of a game tonight.

Confusednicker:
way to go BearsSmile
zaga_fan Wrote:We'll be over in Paintsville next week and I'm sure he'll be fine with it.

If Harlan and Perry wouldn't have let leads slip away late last week... This game would have had district championship implications.

Actuallly no.... I don't watch that channel anymore.
And I know several other people who feel the same way.
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey, that's right!! I had forgotten!!

Have you calmed down any this morning GB???
Congrats Harland you saved Granny bears entire off season.
Congrats black bears.... Glad Zak got it going... How is Jake?
Granny Bear is a big pile of sweetness, don't let her fool ya. Unless you piss her off then not so much Confusednicker: Trust me I know, I do it daily LOL
panther nation Wrote:Congrats black bears.... Glad Zak got it going... How is Jake?
Sore but OK..
Okay, I slept until 10 o'clock because I couldn't calm down enough to GO to sleep until nearly 4 this morning. So now after a few cups of coffee, I THINK I can make some sense.

This game meant SO MUCH to both teams, and believe me every single kid left it ALL on the field last night....coaches, too. For those of you who may have missed Larkey's interview on WYMT earlier in the week, let me share with you that a very similiar game was played in Harlan County in 2009. Perry County's coach was playing in that game, and from what I hear he was having a stellar game. Leading 14/0 beginning the fourth quarter may or may not have gotten into this coach's head. But in any event, we were allowed back in the game, and with only a few seconds left, beat Perry Central by one point.

Deja vu!

Neither team threw the towel in last night...even in the face of extreme circumstance.

I am so proud of my Black Bear team today!!!

zaga_fan Wrote:What lost Perry the game was when they kicked it out of bounds twice after they went ahead.

Kudos to Larkey on having them back up and kick it over twice. A real veteran coach decision.

I agree. There were some intricate and veteran decisions made on both sides of the field last night. I sort of wish I hadn't been so emotionally invested because I would've loved to have seen this game with more objectivity.

bac2369 Wrote:Perry may be the 4 seed but I wouldn't want to play them.. If the defense can get a little tougher and better they should have a good shot..

I thought the defense was pretty tough. IMO, Perry's problem (much like Harlan County's) is consistency. They know what to do; they are tough enough to do it, but every now and then they get a brain fart.

Demarcus ware Wrote:This game was an emotional rollercoaster. Baby Zak had his best game of the year on both sides of the ball, as long as they were running behind him they were moving forward. Jake was hurt but wanting to come back in but they decided to keep him out which is good.

Every kid had a great effort last night, but my eyes kept going to Zak. Seeing him work so hard this past summer, I just wanted that to pay off for him a little bit. So when I brag about his play, in no way is that meant to minimize another kid's effort.

That said there were a few times last night when Zak made my jaw drop. I saw Jake grab a hold of him a couple of times and sort of ride him through a wad of defense. Last night, even I could've run behind him!!

After Jake got hurt, he had to be helped off the field at half time, BUT he jogged back on the field after the half was over...limping...but under his own steam. I saw him get up three separate times, and attempt to re-enter the game...going so far as to actually start toward the huddle. Larkey pulled him out every times. Kudos to both of them.

Patriot Wrote:Good Win for the Black Bears! These boys needed this. But so did Perry, hate it for those boys. Hate to see kids goi through theses rough seasons.

If HC can win next week a lot of the bad parts of the season will be forgotten.

Don't sleep on district 8 in the playoffs.

I felt horrible for Perry's kids. Sometimes, I hate that there must always be a losing team. That said, there are lessons that you can teach/learn in these kinds of situations.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Have you calmed down any this morning GB???

Just a little bit. I'm not shaking anymore but everytime I think about last night, my heart speeds up a little.

Demarcus ware Wrote:Granny Bear is a big pile of sweetness, don't let her fool ya. Unless you piss her off then not so much Confusednicker: Trust me I know, I do it daily LOL

Soooo, if you KNOW what's going to happen, WHY do you continue to piss me off....daily?????

So congratulations to both team for one of the best efforts I've seen all season.

Congratulations to my Black Bears on a very tough and gritty game. They NEVER gave up...even when it looked like the game was over.

After that last score, there was no hesitation from Larkey...two point attempt....go for the win!!!!

Ah, that still gives me chills!!!
Congratulations to the Black Bears on a tough win!!
Last night was the first time I've been to PCC stadium. Stunning!! You know how I love mountains, and this little jewel is sitting right on the top of one!!

However, you guys need to do something about those sudden breezes. It's worse and colder that what comes off the river!!

Dang.
This district is very even. LCC is a little ahead of the other 3 but it is a tossup between the other 3. With each of those 3 on given night able to beat LCC.
Granny Bear Wrote:Last night was the first time I've been to PCC stadium. Stunning!! You know how I love mountains, and this little jewel is sitting right on the top of one!!

However, you guys need to do something about those sudden breezes. It's worse and colder that what comes off the river!!

Dang.

We can't control the wind, Granny!
Pages: 1 2