Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central 42 Russell County 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final thoughts
Congrats to the Panthers on winning their first district championship since 1975!!!!!
Panthers pretty much controlled this game from the start. Russell only managed 3 first downs in the 1st half. While Knox never punted the whole game. But give Russell credit they did force Knox to turn the ball over on downs several times or the score would have been a lot worse than it was.
Russell first score came on a pick six in the 4th quarter. And then the other on a nice 20-25 yard pass late in the 4th.
panther nation Wrote:Congrats to the Panthers on winning their first district championship since 1975!!!!!

And the Panthers don't have to play Highlands in the first round this time.
Good game panthers! this win was expected. The injuries, however, were not. Everyone say a prayer for Corey Owens. Hope to see you suited up next week! Hampton stadium will be rocking next Friday!
:hilarious:
HDE Wrote:And the Panthers don't have to play Highlands in the first round this time.

Come on dude. Panthers have never played highlands...they would play them till semi finals
Pantherfan59 Wrote:Good game panthers! this win was expected. The injuries, however, were not. Everyone say a prayer for Corey Owens. Hope to see you suited up next week! Hampton stadium will be rocking next Friday!

After talking with his mom she said it was just a bad sprang. But his brother Logan got a concussion. Need to pray for him as well.
Also, #55 for Russell is a stud and will be playing on Saturdays very soon.
District champs.
panther nation Wrote::hilarious:

Come on dude. Panthers have never played highlands...they would play them till semi finals

They played them in the Region 3 finals in 1975.
The last time KC won a district...
Milk was 34 cents a gallon
Gas was 65 cents a gallon
A loaf of bread was 50 cents
HDE was in his early 40s
Congrats to Knox. good luck in the playoffs.
It seems like it some times. I'm the only person who remembers the 70s.
I can't tell if panther nation is serious or not about Highlands.
Trust me kc played highlands first round in 75 i was there panthers fell but if memory serves made a desent showing
^^
Look it up
Congrats Panthers on a district title and an impressive season.
Congrats on winning the district. How many seniors on this KC team (that play)? This has to be exciting for them.
HDE Wrote:It seems like it some times. I'm the only person who remembers the 70s.
I can't tell if panther nation is serious or not about Highlands.

Dude I'm talking in the modern era not when moby dick was a minnow!!!lol
LWC Wrote:Congrats on winning the district. How many seniors on this KC team (that play)? This has to be exciting for them.

This is a small Senior class 7 or 8 total with a couple major contributors offensively and a couple good lineman. the core of this team are Soph. and Jr. with the top 2 running backs setting out nursing some injuries, the Author kid who is a Fresh.looked really good last night at running back. if he stays healthy he can be special.
^^
It's actually 11 seniors with 7 of them being starters. With about 2 that plays both sides of the ball more than half the snaps.
This group of seniors has been playing together since they where in the K-2 county league.
I've known these seniors for a long time. (Since most of them were in diapers). This is a unique group in the fact that they are all different. It's a shame that not all of the seniors to be made the roster this year. Everyone seems to forget that Knox lost a 2 Starting linebackers and a starting corner from last years team that were supposed to be seniors this year. dollar, Tuttle.And. Mr canady .during the offseason, this Panther team has done a lot of soul searching. They grew up. And now they have that district title. Congrats to the staff, players, and fans. Each and every one of you (us) deserve this. We are KC.
And believe me. This team is not done yet.
panther nation Wrote:Dude I'm talking in the modern era not when moby dick was a minnow!!!lol

You said never. Some schools keep records before 2000.
I didn't say it was in modern times, just the last time Knox Central won a district championship.
It wasn't quite prehistoric times though. I think people took cars to the game and we had newspapers and television and radio.
Old Panther Wrote:Trust me kc played highlands first round in 75 i was there panthers fell but if memory serves made a desent showing
I remember that as well I was KC then also
It sounds like they want to forget some of you old guys.
Back then, only eight teams made the playoffs in each class. One one team per district qualified.
Be better if it was that way today IMO..
Nice game Knox central. Y'all have a very good team, balanced on offense and defense. Good luck in the playoffs. Hope y'all can cut back on the illegal procedure penalties. It didn't interfere with the outcome of our game, but when you meet Boyle or Lex Catholic the game will be close enough where the penalties could easily cost you the game. Wish you guys the best!!!
finally a district title.Congratulations Smile
Pages: 1 2