Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 32 Paintsville 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
Nice win Raceland!
Wow, didn't expect that, congrats to Raceland!
Good win for Raceland.
I was expecting a tight Game with the article in the paper this morning about the new kid. I don't think he had any yardage running and he drop two passes. I can't believe a team would replace a kid this late in the season to a new kid to begin with and take playing time from kids that played all season and Practiced all summer and football camp and all. I would be a pissed parent. it didn't help them to begin with. #15, the QB and middle linebacker looked like a great ball player and they had a really good big back that was hard to tackle. Good luck to the boys in blue rest of the season.
The score is no indication of the domination by Raceland in this game. Should been a running clock in the first half but we got too cute on offense and tried a lateral on the 5 yd line and fumbled it away. Then personal fouls and unsportsmanlike on the next drive.
Congrats to the Rams for winning back to back district titles!! The score in this one could have been much worse but the Rams weren't able to take advantage of a few scoring opportunities. Our defense looked great as it has been our strong point all season. We have a few things that we need to clean up and we have to stop with having so many penalties if we are going to beat Ironton at Tank next week. Overall we seem to be peaking at the right time and this will be a dangerous team in the playoffs and it would be a huge mistake for anyone to overlook the Rams.
Daniels got knocked out of the game. Belcher spent most of the 3rd quarter on the bench with a towel over his head and Hendricks spent the night getting gang tackled. Paintsvilles kids played hard though all the way to the end. Depth was a factor again this year for Paintsville. Paintsvilles coach does a great job with what he has to work with.
We looked incredible in every facit of the game in the first half. We absolutely dominated the LOS. Our defense is faster than any Raceland team I have whitnessed. As. I stated in the prediction thread, Our defense spent just as much time in their backfield as they did. Bailey Walker(5'8" 185 SOPH) LB/RB was a man as usual. They had no answer for him off tackle. This was another game that the offensive numbers (id say around 210 on the ground and maybe 100 by air) are no indication of what we did offensively. Our longest drive was about 60 yds. The rest of the drives started on a shortfield due to poor punts or turnovers on downs. Penalties were bad and a DUMB lateral by Messer(smh...very uncharacteristic of him) were the only dark spots. But the officiating was ROUGH to say it best. Had to hae been close to 200 yds in total penalties combining both teams. Ive seen countless "free plays" after a late false start call, but never in my life have I whitnessed a running back get the ball almost to the 2nd level and then the whistle was blown(before a flag ever went down). Then the very next play, Raceland has what would have been a pick 6 called back, after the official blows the play dead AFTER Messer had picked the ball off. There were bad calls for each team in the first half. 3 calls took 3 Raceland tds off the bored .
look out Pikeville Raceland just served you.
I love it, it is all getting tight.
Scotty you got A good one.
Stats..... I would like to see some stats
Not much to look at. Unifficially the radio had:

Paintsville with 87 on the ground and 50 passing. Hendrix never got loose. Daniel was the leading rusher with 50 something.

Raceland rushed for 207. Walker with 70something and Snyder with 60something Messer 50something. Young was 7 of 9 for 70something.

Raceland's defense was great. Offensively we were on a short field on evening. Penalties were off the charts. Raceland had 2 or 3 tds negated by penalties and a fumble around the 15 for another.
Congrats Rams
We looked sloppy and confused in the 2nd quarter. But defensively we never let up. I dont know if I heard anyone other than Kash Daniel's namw called for a tackle the entire 1st half.

Paintsville has some atheletes and good size upfront. They are just slow. Hendrix couldnt ever get to the edge, Daniel was their only real producer offensively. He also has a HUGE arm. BUT, they dont utilize it properly. They need to develope Hendricks ways needs to get the ball. They dont have the line to run the jet sweep against a good defensive backfield. Our oline did exactlly what tey should. Kept pushing towards the sidelines while the corners held containment and the LB scraped extremely well tonight. Great defensive effot. Lots of tough hits by Walker and Snyder tonight.
topnotch Wrote:look out Pikeville Raceland just served you.

Congrats Raceland on your win. Y'all peaking at the right time. Btw Topnotch,we love being served. Bring it on.
Pikeville/Raceland will be a showdown.
way to go Rams!
Congrats to Raceland on the win.
Rams rolling.
Third shutout of the season for the RAMS.
How did raceland serve pikeville again? You put 30 points on a team we put dang near 70 points on. So go ahead and gloat over the win you won congrats. But just FYI yall put a bad taste in pikevilles mouth last year that has fueled them this whole year. So if you want some youll get it. Best believe in four weeks youll get all you can handle!
Slic Ric Wrote:Third shutout of the season for the RAMS.

Three district shutouts for Pikeville as of tonight. Looks like these two are on a collision course again.
2 shutouts in 3 district games and only 1 td given up over all in district play. Outscoring district opponents 120-6. I really thought the district would be much closer this year. Idk if I was giving Paintsville and Fairview too muc credit or maybe I wasnt giving us enough when I made the statement of a 3 way tie for 1st place wasnt out of the aueation. Our district shakes out like this if i am not mistaken...

1. Raceland 3-0
2. Paintsville 2-1
3. Fairview 1-2
4. Nicholas County 0-3

I never dreamed we would own the district like we have this year. Credits got to go to the defense. Offensive numbers are great but our defense has taken on 2 of the 3 top QBs in the class, one of each was top 10 for all classes, and kept them more than in check. Against both Fairview and Paintsville games, the QBs were sidelined after a few quarters. I am in no way happy to see kids get hurt , I just think its a statement on how tough and hard hitting our defense is as well as our ability in the pass rushing.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Three district shutouts for Pikeville as of tonight. Looks like these two are on a collision course again.

RAMS have only allowed six points in district play (to Fairview). I think next week's game against Ironton will be a dandy.

And I agree...I believe we may have a rematch down the road with the Panthers for the Region title.
Mastadon89 Wrote:How did raceland serve pikeville again? You put 30 points on a team we put dang near 70 points on. So go ahead and gloat over the win you won congrats. But just FYI yall put a bad taste in pikevilles mouth last year that has fueled them this whole year. So if you want some youll get it. Best believe in four weeks youll get all you can handle!

Please make note that it was a Wburg fan doing the serving. Raceland knows what a task Raceland will have when we meet in Pikeville. We have to clean up the penalties (way too many 15 yarders tonight) and its way to late in the year to be making lateral pitches when you are beig gang tackled and nearly on the ground any way, let alone when ur in the redzone. We have also got to start putting 4 quarters together.

So while Wburg fans have their fun poking and prodding the Panther Nation, we at Raceland have nothing but RESPECT for Pikeville. We are on another collision course for anothef great Regional Championship matchup.
Poor Pikeville putty tats got their feelings hurt.
Congrats Rams on another impressive win..
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Poor Pikeville putty tats got their feelings hurt.

Your feelings will be hurt after next week!
Pages: 1 2 3