Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Pikeville 10/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts/Predictions
I hope Russell can keep it respectable with a chance to win at the end.
Should be a good game..
I'm really interested to see how this one goes. I'd like to see Russell make it close, but Pikeville looks too strong, IMO, especially at home.
Going to be a tough test my Panthers heading into post season play.
A huge advantage that Russell has going into this game is the fact that Maynard has had several years of experience coaching against Pikeville while he was at Raceland which will help prepare Russell for this game. I haven't seem either team play but I am going to give the advantage to the Panthers at home. Russell has greatly improved this year in comparison to recent years but I'm not sure if they are ready to be able to win against teams at Pikeville's level yet. I believe Pikeville wins but it will be closer than some may think. Pikeville 38 Russell 19 with Pikeville scoring late in the game to make the margin larger than the actual game reflects.
Hope the Devils win but Pikeville's probably too strong at home.
Panthers are too stong for Russell at home. Game may be close for awhile. Maynard knows McNamee and McNamee knows Maynard. Maynard's system is almost identical to what he did at Raceland. Its the familiarity with each other that will make this game interesting.

Panthers 42
Russell 25
Russell moved the ball almost at will against Pikeville last year. Problem was turnovers and they couldnt stop Match up with Estep on the outside. Much improved Russell defense this year.

Russell 34-28
Russell is impressive this season, and has improved greatly. However, it won't be enough as the Panthers are really playing on another level.
PIKEVILLE--38
RUSSELL--14
Pikeville on a late field goal
Pikeville-23
Russell-20
Panthers by 14
Pikeville being the best team in Eastern Kentucky you got to give them the edge.
this should be A blowout according to some Pikeville fans. Pikeville 40 to 12
The Red Devils have made great strides this season on both sides of the ball but really have not been tested since they have started to gel late in the year. I know against Ironton the physical play of the tigers was too much for Russell but I don't think this is the same team. Devils have struggled to pass the ball though and five lineman can't block 8 in the box. Unless Russell's passing game comes to life I just can't see them being able to bulky pikeville on the ground all game.

Devils keep it close but pikeville pulls away late....35-21...devils finish at a much improved 8-2 and the district champs excellent season
I see Pikeville winning by 2 TDs. This is a much better Russell team than last year as fans from Pikeville will see. On that note I'm sure it's not the same Pikeville team either.
I doubt Pikeville is as good as Ironton, Russells only loss. They have mad great strides since that game. if Russell can contain Pikevilles passing game I see a Russell win.
Panthers by 18. To much speed for Russell.
topnotch Wrote:Pikeville being the best team in Eastern Kentucky you got to give them the edge.

You think the Panthers are better than Johnson Central?
LClion4life Wrote:You think the Panthers are better than Johnson Central?
He's just a troll. Hates on Pikeville every chance he gets. Trying to stir up crap. Russell will be a load, Pikeville knows they won't roll over and give up, much respect.
Bump,bump :Sad04:
topnotch Wrote:this should be A blowout according to some Pikeville fans. Pikeville 40 to 12

Not this Pikeville fan....Russell will be a tough game and will be looking to avenge the loss at home from last year. Coach Mac won't take them lightly.
Pikeville wins...

A Halloween night battle
If pikeville plays everyone and does not try and rest some players for the playoffs then they can name the score if they rest players could get interesting.

Pikeville 42
Russell 7
With all due respect to Pikeville if you think they can name the score against Russell your crazy. Yes Pikeville is a very good team but this Russell team is really jelling right now..
This is your typical Russell team anymore since TJ has got there. If you want to see a great video go to YouTube Russell Red Devils 2014
Russell may be out one of their starting RBs along with a starting lineman.
What happened?
DevilWatcher Wrote:Russell may be out one of their starting RBs along with a starting lineman.

Details??
Word is Nick Conley hurt his ankle in practice. Timmy Hammon is the only lineman out. Hes been out a few weeks though.
Pages: 1 2