Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 43 Pike Central 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Running clock.. Belfry I believe had 4 different guys over 100 yards.

May have been costly as SE/K Austin Woolum and DT/TE Ray Horton neither finished the game. Woolum on crutches
Belfry
Corbett 1/3 14 yds, 8 carries, 111 yards, TD
Dotson 7 carries, 106 yds, 2 TD
Taylor 6 carries, 144 yds, 2 TD
Hatfield 11 carries, 110 yds, TD
46 carries, 523 rushing
537 total yards

PC
Justice 9/22 142 yds, 2 TD, 3 INT
Elkins 4 rec, 72 yds, TD
296 total yards
Belfry can't afford more injuries. Solid win though.
Score reflects the Belfry of Old but performance not so much. Dotson still trying to get his timing in the HB position but is getting better. Corbett is getting better and better with each snap. and looks to be a good field general. Taylor is wicked fast and Hatfield is a bulldozer.. They corrected the mistakes from last week and looked better but not to their full potential just yet.. Prayers for Woolum and Horton.. Someone said Bentley was hurt as well. Any truth to that??
skully03 Wrote:Score reflects the Belfry of Old but performance not so much. Dotson still trying to get his timing in the HB position but is getting better. Corbett is getting better and better with each snap. and looks to be a good field general. Taylor is wicked fast and Hatfield is a bulldozer.. They corrected the mistakes from last week and looked better but not to their full potential just yet.. Prayers for Woolum and Horton.. Someone said Bentley was hurt as well. Any truth to that??

Yes, Bentley was out also. Had shoulder pads off almost all of 2nd quarter, did not see him back out after half. Horton was taken to ER, either shoulder or collar bone from what I'm told. Will know more about Woolum tomorrow after he goes to Highlands Clinic to be checked by Orthopedic Surgeon. Was told that it does not look good. Hopefully he will be fine.
Sounds like pc was doing some hittin,but yeah they beat us theres the pirates point but if that white wpuldnt there like he his every game it would been lot closer he wont xall anything not 1 of em would everybody seen it plan as day,but good for the refs i mean big red.
Hawk101 Wrote:Sounds like pc was doing some hittin,but yeah they beat us theres the pirates point but if that white wpuldnt there like he his every game it would been lot closer he wont xall anything not 1 of em would everybody seen it plan as day,but good for the refs i mean big red.

You've got to be kidding. Blaming the refs?:thatsfunn Would have been closer? :thatsfunn:thatsfunn. The reason Horton got hurt (his shoulder) was because he was hitting the Hawks. The reason Woolum got hurt was because of a low hit to his knee, which was blatant. The reason Bentley got hurt was from best I could tale was a concussion.
Hawk101 Wrote:Sounds like pc was doing some hittin,but yeah they beat us theres the pirates point but if that white wpuldnt there like he his every game it would been lot closer he wont xall anything not 1 of em would everybody seen it plan as day,but good for the refs i mean big red.

English please? Don't be blaming the refs.... There were very few penalties either way... The way it should be in a game like this... Hard to blame the refs when you give up over 500 on the ground.
Not many flags either way but really was plain as day that PCC was holding in the backfield every play and only called it once.
As of right now Belfry finished tonights game missing the following from the season opening depth chart:
As it stands now Belfry is missing from season opening depth chart:
HB1
HB2
HB3
HB4
TE1
TE2
SE1
K
CB2
S1
S2
CB4
DT1
DT2
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:Not many flags either way but really was plain as day that PCC was holding in the backfield every play and only called it once.
Yep I agree. Everytime Horton ran over his man and put him in his back he would hold him. Grabbed around the ankle once and grabbed the back of the jersey another time. No flag on them either.
Belfry looked good against the Hawks even with all the injuries. We really need to get healthy before the playoffs. Pike Central could move the ball but just couldn't get over the turnovers. You can't go into Belfry, have a fumble and three interceptions and expect to win.

A fumble and three interceptions didn't exactly help the Hawks cause any. :dontthink
I was really excited and thought Belfry vs. JC was going to be a good game. Not anymore. Even in the worst situations, Belfry has done well against a true power run. Low and behold, Horton and Bentley go down tonight. So now you're going into the most physical game on your schedule and beat half to death. This unfortunately now becomes a "game that doesn't matter" and we're not going to play anyone who isn't 100%.

I don't look to see Horton until week 2 of playoffs at the earliest, same with Willis. Catron is eligible to return week 1 of playoffs, if I'm not mistaken, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him not return until week 2.

Prayers to all the guys, get back healthy and let's FINALLY be at 100% the last three weeks.

Hopefully ol' Carl (Woolum) is okay. Felt optimistic since he never left the stadium, but now I don't feel as well about it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:As of right now Belfry finished tonights game missing the following from the season opening depth chart:
As it stands now Belfry is missing from season opening depth chart:
HB1
HB2
HB3
HB4
TE1
TE2
SE1
K
CB2
S1
S2
CB4
DT1
DT2

What....??? Am I seeing this right?
All of these players are out?
Next week is going to get real ugly. Running clock ugly.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:What....??? Am I seeing this right?

Some of them served as more than one position, but yes.

As of the end of tonight yes.

Horton
Bentley
Catron
Woolum
Willis
Edwards

and Joplin transferred
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Next week is going to get real ugly. Running clock ugly.

Won't stop their harpin'
Was going to go to the game next week but think I'll just stay home now, don't wanna see the beating JC puts on the Belfry M.A.S.H unit

Yes!! You are seeing it right. Belfry has been decimated with injuries this year. Forcing some to go both ways, now they are hurt.
Yes, Bentley was also taken to the ER. Nothing broke just bruised up pretty bad. BLIND SIDED with a cheap shot away from the ball after an attempted pass.
Daddy Fred Wrote:Yes, Bentley was also taken to the ER. Nothing broke just bruised up pretty bad. BLIND SIDED with a cheap shot away from the ball after an attempted pass.

I seen the play and thought he may of had a concussion. Thanks for the update!
Of all the players out, I'm assuming we expect all but Woolum back by regional championship if we make it that far... right? Woolum is still up in the air, but the consensus doesn't feel real optimistic on him.
Good win for the pirates. Hopefully the injuries are not serious. Also that young running back for Pike Central is going to be a dandy he is fast and runs very hard.
Hope everyone gets healthy and we get to see another Great game in a couple of weeks. If we make it that far that is. We are banged up a bit to and glad this was a bye week!!
Starting to question the heart and desire of the kids at PC in all sports. They always have fairly good talent but continue to underachieve in everything. No excuse for this tonight. Belfry's entire starting line-up is basically depleted and PC still can't even compete with them. Running clock early 3rd quarter...pitiful.
Cover3 Wrote:Starting to question the heart and desire of the kids at PC in all sports. They always have fairly good talent but continue to underachieve in everything. No excuse for this tonight. Belfry's entire starting line-up is basically depleted and PC still can't even compete with them. Running clock early 3rd quarter...pitiful.
The key was Belfrys massive offensive line. They wore them down in just over 2 quarters. The O line has no one out as far as I know. It's more than the skill guys that gets things done.
Congrats to Belfry. Big game next week
Well look i know belfry starts youth always but we do 2 our whole line is young an dline nvr played before when chapman was there we nvr played youth he didnt care about shawn does.im not going to argue with anybody saying we underachieve i know nobody likes chapman but look what he done for our program we wont 7,8,9 games year when he was there.we might not beat belfry anytime soon but maybe 1 day we will nobody know it could happen maybe haywood will be there maybe he wont nobody can say our kids try our kids play with all there heart they wanna win shawns a good coach it will just take him time they use to his style like they was chapman new coach new rules calls ppl just need to surport them more yeah belfry beat far an square.just whated to start somethin on my other post its bluegrassrivlas y not lol,im going to surport my team though though like you do your i respect your progran an i know you dont respect mine cause of chapman but thats the past
Pages: 1 2