Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pick the 4 playoff teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pick your final 4 playoff teams. Ill go with:

Fla St #1
Alabama #2
Georgia #3
Oregon #4

This scenario means that Alabama wins the SEC West and Georgia wins the SEC East. Florida St wins our in the ACC putting them in and Oregon wins the PAC 12 putting them in. Outside looking in is the Big 12 champion which is looking a lot like Kansas St and Michigan St or Ohio St, whoever wins the Big 10. If Notre Dame wins out, it will be hard to keep them out but they have some tough ones remaining.
I like Fla State and Oregon.

Don't think Bama or Georgia will make it.

Bama has to hope that those pesky Mississippi teams lose something and even though Georgia is doing well without Gurley they can't make it all the way without him I don't think.
2 SEC West teams or the system is a sham.
Mississippi State
Florida State
Oregon
Michigan State

I think if Notre Dame and Oregon both win out Oregon will get in because they'll want someone out west to make it..

I think Mississippi State wins out beating Alabama.. and beating Georgia in the SEC Championship..
Then I think Alabama will beat Auburn... (Knocking Auburn out)

SEC teams will start knocking each other out..

My Irish only hope is...
- Win out
- Stanford or Utah to beat Oregon

But how good of a Tournament would this be...
#1 - Mississippi State
#8 - Oregon

#4 - Auburn
#5 - Michigan State

#3 - Alabama
#6 - Notre Dame

#2 - Florida State
#7 - Georgia/Ole Miss
Lot of teams have argument for a spot in the playoffs. this could shake out in next couple of weeks or get even worse. I can see an eight team playoff in the future.
ekff Wrote:Mississippi State
Florida State
Oregon
Michigan State

I think if Notre Dame and Oregon both win out Oregon will get in because they'll want someone out west to make it..

I think Mississippi State wins out beating Alabama.. and beating Georgia in the SEC Championship..
Then I think Alabama will beat Auburn... (Knocking Auburn out)

SEC teams will start knocking each other out..

My Irish only hope is...
- Win out
- Stanford or Utah to beat Oregon

But how good of a Tournament would this be...
#1 - Mississippi State
#8 - Oregon

#4 - Auburn
#5 - Michigan State

#3 - Alabama
#6 - Notre Dame

#2 - Florida State
#7 - Georgia/Ole Miss

:Thumbs: I agree they'll find out in a few years expanding to 8 will net greater interest and $$$ as a result. Politics over non-conference scheduling will prolong it becoming a reality!
Lets say this happens....

Miss St, Ole Miss, and Alabama/Auburn all end with one loss. Its possible. It would mean either Bama or Auburn would have to lose all three, but think about it.

Miss St.-Only loss to Alabama, win the SEC champ, makes the playoffs easily.
Ole Miss-Only loss to Miss St., finished 11-1, and looked good the rest of the year.
Alabama-Only loss to Ole Miss, finish 11-1, and looked good the rest of the year.
OR flip Bama with Auburn and work it out.

Don't forget, Georgia could win out and make the playoffs with one loss, with possibly two other SEC teams sitting there with one loss as well.

That's three one loss SEC teams that quite frankly should all deserve to get in.
Especially if Florida State were to lose to somebody like Lville, ND ends up losing a second game, and weve already seen the Big 12 and Pac 10 is going to be a mess with multiple losses for most teams.

What then? Can you imagine the melt down of fans everywhere if three SEC West teams were to get in? They very well could be 3 of the top four teams in the country.
Amazing what the SEC has put together this year, just the SEC West alone is incredible. I think that Notre Dame has a great shot with the schedule they have remaining, I think they can beat Louisville and USC. Just a lot of season left but here goes the top four I think will get in there and once again the SEC is the top conference in the nation:

Notre Dame
Florida State
Mississippi State
Bama
I think the 4 best teams are: Florida State, Mississippi State, Auburn, and Alabama but 3 or 4 are going to beat up on each other, I think when its all said and done one 1 SEC team will get in because they all play each other...
^
I think 2 SEC teams make it in.
I think it will be the SEC champ winner, who will be in the west as long as Georgia doesn't surprise, and the other will be the second team place out of the west.
Florida State is a lock if they don't lose, and I could see ND being in if they don't lose again. If either of those teams lose, it will be who ever next in line, which could be a host of teams.

One thing that has made me sick is reading ESPN comments about the SEC bias, but more importantly, that most non SEC fans saying each team should definitely be a conference champion. That makes no sense at all.
They have said time and time again they will choose the best four teams. If they do that, then there is no way any team in the Big10 or Pac12 should make it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets say this happens....

Miss St, Ole Miss, and Alabama/Auburn all end with one loss. Its possible. It would mean either Bama or Auburn would have to lose all three, but think about it.

Miss St.-Only loss to Alabama, win the SEC champ, makes the playoffs easily.
Ole Miss-Only loss to Miss St., finished 11-1, and looked good the rest of the year.
Alabama-Only loss to Ole Miss, finish 11-1, and looked good the rest of the year.
OR flip Bama with Auburn and work it out.

Don't forget, Georgia could win out and make the playoffs with one loss, with possibly two other SEC teams sitting there with one loss as well.

That's three one loss SEC teams that quite frankly should all deserve to get in.
Especially if Florida State were to lose to somebody like Lville, ND ends up losing a second game, and weve already seen the Big 12 and Pac 10 is going to be a mess with multiple losses for most teams.

What then? Can you imagine the melt down of fans everywhere if three SEC West teams were to get in? They very well could be 3 of the top four teams in the country.

Very interesting scenario! I would like to think the committee would take 3 SEC Wes teams but I just dont see it happening although it probably should. Either way, u present an interesting scenario. I'll turn cartwheels if they take 3 SEC teams.

The reason I had Georgia in the playoff is that it was my understanding that the comittee was going to pick the 4 teams before the conference championships were played. If thats the case, how do they keep an 11-1 Georgia out facing an undefeated or 1 loss West team. It seems to me that they would have to take them both. Regardless, who in the country would want to play a Miss St, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn, or Georgia in the playoff. If they dont have at least 2 SEC teams, the playoff will be a joke. It is going to have to be expanded to 8 teams to really be fair! How long will it be before that happens?

On a side note, I think Archie Manning having to pull out of the committee to have surgery will hurt the SEC's chances. What is your thoughts on this Gut??
Alabama, Miss State, Florida State, Oregon wouldn't be surprised if Ohio state wins out that the committee will put them in over one of the SEC schools.
I keep seeing the "expert" pics but c'mon...there's SOOO much left to play out in the SEC that predicting this is completely impossible at this point.
Florida State, Oregon, Auburn, Michigan State
Florida St , Notre Dame, Oregon , Alabama .
DaveB Wrote:I keep seeing the "expert" pics but c'mon...there's SOOO much left to play out in the SEC that predicting this is completely impossible at this point.
I agree. There is a lot riding on this year's Egg Bowl and Iron Bowl. I still think Georgia is being overlooked. They r playing well right now.....the defense is even playing better. If they win out, they will be a tough one for anyone from the West.