Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Regional Power Rankings- WKY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Bowling Green
2. Mayfield
3. Owensboro
4. McCracken County
5. Caldwell County

Game of the Week:
Mayfield @ Russellville
1. BG
2. McCracken
3. Owensboro
4. Caldwell
5. Mayfield
Hard to put Mayfield any worse than third.
For now, that's where I would put them.
1) BG
2) McCracken
3) Mayfield
4) Caldwell
5) Owensboro
Serious question, what has Mayfield done to be ahead of Owensboro, McCracken Co., or Caldwell Co.?
What has Owensboro or Caldwell done to be ahead of Mayfield?
Caldwell is undefeated, and has most of their team back from last year.
Owensboro has beaten Warren Central, O Cath, and North Hopkins.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:1. BG
2. McCracken
3. Owensboro
4. Caldwell
5. Mayfield

looks about right.
Warren Central this year is not the same as in the past. O Cath not even Murray level.
With Caldwell's schedule, who wouldn't be undefeated. Their toughest opp was Murray.
Owensboro played a whale of a game against Bowling Green. They are my pick to come out of the west and face Highlands.
The bad part about these polls are that there is no real way to justify any of it. We can't play BG or Owensboro this year. We have played or will play the other 2.
I can't wait to play Caldwell Co. It will be a great test for our young defense.
They will score on our defense. It will be impossible for us to prevent that. They have over 1 foot reach at each of the receivers spots on us. They have a very talented and mobile qb. The test we have to win will be right up front. I think we will win that test and win the game. I think it will be around the same score as the Caldwell/ Murray game, but reversed.
mysonis55 Wrote:They will score on our defense. It will be impossible for us to prevent that. They have over 1 foot reach at each of the receivers spots on us. They have a very talented and mobile qb. The test we have to win will be right up front. I think we will win that test and win the game. I think it will be around the same score as the Caldwell/ Murray game, but reversed.

Man, I hope you're right 55.
Sindelar is a game changer. Even if we win the front line, he can still make big plays.
You have to look back to 12. He had the receivers and a great back then. Our d line owned them and kept him on the run. We shelled them as a result.
sindelar is better than in 2012. I went with a buddy from caldwell the other night since mayfield was playing fulton county. I did come away feeling there offense is alittle overated, but i felt there defense is underated especially there run defense. I doubt mayfield will own the line on either side of the ball. The ends were in the backfield as soon as murray snapped the ball. On offense a player that is not talked about enough is josh young, kid can really make someone miss, leads them in recieving yards, but everyone wants to talk about cain , and pepper. Boyd the rb is hard to bring down. Sindelar is good at buying time, and can take off. There were a couple plays i noticed he had some help buying time and he made murray pay. Murrays hornbuckle had num 52 beat a few times, but a little hold gave sindelar time to throw it. I had a caldwell fan to have an issue with me pointing out he was repeatedly getting away with holding.
I'd rank Caldwell ahead of Mayfield. 18 seniors and the majority of those have been starters for 3 yrs, 4 years in Sindelars case. While they did struggle against Murray, so did Mayfield.. Murray's a big, strong team that would give a lot of teams problems.. IMO:

1) B.Green
2) Owensboro
3) Caldwell Co
4) McCracken Co
5) Mayfield
6) Madisonville
7) S.Warren
8) W.Central
9) Graves Co
10) Tilghman

You could replace Tighman and Graves Co with Murray, FSimpson, Hopkinsville or OB Catholic and wouldn't get a lot of argument.
EKuAlum05 is one of the most knowledgable posters on any message board. I always find it hard to argue with his picks. Also, Mayfield will beat Caldwell County. I think Murray beats them in the playoffs, just like last year.
I hope you are right purple, but im not sure if mayfield quite has the offense to beat caldwell. Elijah sindelar should break the career td passes thrown in a career tonight when they play crittenden. He needs 3 to tie, and 4 to break it.
Looking forward to Mayfield and Caldwell County match up. Should be a great game.