Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Florida State 31 - (5) Notre Dame 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great game...

I almost cried when they threw the flag...

Correct call but they never throw the flag on the pick play...
My only problem with the call is Notre Dame ran the same play earlier in the game and u didn't call it so why call it at the end of the game...
Great game. I was pulling for ND. I give ekff a hard time about the Irish but they have a very good team.
That call was like a dagger in the stomach. Notre Dame didnt drop that far in the polls. They can recover and be in the playoff discussion if they take care of business the rest of the year.
I hate that I missed this game, having no TV sucks.

But from what I can gather, Notre Dame really showed that they do belong with the elites.

Great effort.
Quickkickonthird Wrote:That call was like a dagger in the stomach. Notre Dame didnt drop that far in the polls. They can recover and be in the playoff discussion if they take care of business the rest of the year.

You are right, their schedule is not too bad at all the rest of the year and I think they even have a bye this week so they have some time to get over this one, and they need it too, tough way to lose a game. But if they win out the rest of the season they will be part of that discussion, just like you said.
The call was correct, just wish it was called all the time. Watch the play again, penalty was called on Fuller (#7) not Prosise (#20).
I agree 100%, make the call all of the time and be consistent with it, then there is no problem with it.
UK Fan 1988 Wrote:You are right, their schedule is not too bad at all the rest of the year and I think they even have a bye this week so they have some time to get over this one, and they need it too, tough way to lose a game. But if they win out the rest of the season they will be part of that discussion, just like you said.

U are right. If they win out, they have a good arguement to be in the playoff. However, they play at USC the last game of the season. That will be tough. But, if they do win out, they probably deserve a shot. Just so u know, Im sure not a Notre Dame fan but I was pulling for them against Fla St, Great game!!!
Quickkickonthird Wrote:U are right. If they win out, they have a good arguement to be in the playoff. However, they play at USC the last game of the season. That will be tough. But, if they do win out, they probably deserve a shot. Just so u know, Im sure not a Notre Dame fan but I was pulling for them against Fla St, Great game!!!

They started pretty low in the Playoff Committee's poll, see if they can recover, just a shame how that game turned out.